Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th August 2010, 16:35     #24601
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Anyone know if throwing down $400 for Active Physio's "Shape Up" plan is worth it?

A 12 week plan to reoganise your lifestyle, eating and exercise, posture, breathing and so on, so you can continue to be good after the 12 weeks is up.

Summary and overview PDF here: http://www.physio.co.nz/services/hea...tyle/shape-up/
Will tell you after ... I got roped in with the missus who has teh worst gym ethic on the face of this planet. (only cost me 100 bucks since shes getting some bollocks deal through work that makes it free ... and shes paying for mine)

Also wtf is all this bandalador, bandalor2, bannedalor bullshit? Who the fuck is allowing him to breed?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 19th August 2010 at 16:36.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:40     #24602
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Anyone know if throwing down $400 for Active Physio's "Shape Up" plan is worth it?

A 12 week plan to reoganise your lifestyle, eating and exercise, posture, breathing and so on, so you can continue to be good after the 12 weeks is up.

Summary and overview PDF here: http://www.physio.co.nz/services/hea...tyle/shape-up/
$400 - if that includes gym access, then not too bad. If it's just for the tuition & progress tracking then it's a rip IMO.

Posture is a self-discipline thing - even if someone teaches you good posture it's not going to help if you don't follow it.

Breathing comes with getting fitter.

If you're dead keen on a 12-week programme style thing, check out Body For Life - a shitload cheaper, especially if you've already got gym equipment or a gym membership. I was doing reasonable flab-loss & fitness gains for a while until I got somewhat ill for a while (and didn't get back into it again - probably would have been easier if I'd had someone else to help with motivation, but meh).

In fact, if you've got the equipment, you can follow the B4L programme for free: http://bodyforlife.com/library contains pretty much everything you need - covers both exercise and nutrition.

You don't have to follow the "eat 6 times a day" part, but the types of things it advocates are actually just sensible food and quantity choices.

Fuckit - go read the exercise thread.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 19th August 2010 at 16:43.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:41     #24603
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

sometimes while programming for hours on end, i forget to breathe. true story.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:18     #24604
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
sometimes while programming for hours on end, i forget to breathe. true story.
That explains a lot.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:36     #24605
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Posture is a self-discipline thing - even if someone teaches you good posture it's not going to help if you don't follow it.
kinda true, I think strengthening your weaker chain can also make a big difference if you're out of kilter, also correct stretching can go a long way to lengthening the muscles that have shrunk (from sitting at a desk too much :/). which is why pilates is so good for posture...
Old 19th August 2010, 19:27     #24606
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I think you'll find everything fitness related is a self-discipline thing, once you are taught it.

Quote:
Breathing comes with getting fitter.
No, being fitter comes with getting fitter. Being fit means less meaty breaths up those three steps to the office. Proper breathing is a whole other species, especially if hyperventilation is in play.
[/quote]

Quote:
If you're dead keen on a 12-week programme style thing, check out Body For Life - a shitload cheaper, especially if you've already got gym equipment or a gym membership. I was doing reasonable flab-loss & fitness gains for a while until I got somewhat ill for a while (and didn't get back into it again - probably would have been easier if I'd had someone else to help with motivation, but meh).

In fact, if you've got the equipment, you can follow the B4L programme for free: http://bodyforlife.com/library contains pretty much everything you need - covers both exercise and nutrition.

You don't have to follow the "eat 6 times a day" part, but the types of things it advocates are actually just sensible food and quantity choices.

Fuckit - go read the exercise thread.
There's no point in doing a multi-paragraph spiel and then saying "Fuckit", I've clearly I've read the exercise thread. I felt this simple question was more of a Random Thought than specifically exercise orienated. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say you didn't look at the plan, as you'll find it's a bi-weekly meeting with checkups and adjustments to the plan to suit, rather than "Here's some shit, do it for 12 weeks, good luck." It also works with www.eatfit.co.nz which is where the nutrician comes in.

$400 seems like a good price to me, a few sessions at a respiratory therapist can see that kinda money easy and this is that, as well as an exercise regime (with or without gym equipment) and nutrician guide for a lifestyle change.

Unfortunately we aren't all born with bodies that, "just work properly." So things like respiratory therapists and the like are actually needed, rather than, "I feel kinda off today, holy shit I think I'm dying."

What *I* am asking is whether this is as good as, say, a PT who can assess me for less and lay out a plan for me to work to, as well as a basic diet plan that I can continue with. Before I got sick I got fit on my own accord, but I know I can do it in a third of the time if I have a structured, assessed plan suited for me individually.
Old 19th August 2010, 20:48     #24607
Redneck

Hehe Stephen Merchant is in Portal 2 apparently
Old 19th August 2010, 21:57     #24608
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
What *I* am asking is whether this is as good as, say, a PT who can assess me for less and lay out a plan for me to work to, as well as a basic diet plan that I can continue with.
It's alot of money for what it is, they use lots of typical wanky new-age phrases rather than providing any actual clues as to what these revolutionary new 5 'secrets' are that they discovered. I doubt it is anything new or special and if you have health problems that mean you need a bit of help and can't follow a basic cardio or weight plan then a PT who knows his stuff like ol Leadinjector on here coupled with a gym membership would be a better use of 400 bucks.

A diet plan is really easy to set out yourself, and there are literally thousands on the net you can follow. Just work out your maintenance cals then calories in, calories burnt and keep it below maintenance if your cutting.
Old 19th August 2010, 22:57     #24609
mpx

Cheers SickBo!

I actually planned to get Leadinjector to assess me, as he understands my health issues - but we both forgot the date! Maybe I should get in contact with him again, so he can post on how unfit I have become on NZG and I can post on his lack of tshirt after the assessment.
Old 19th August 2010, 23:34     #24610
SickBo@Work

Yeh do that rather than that program. Looking into it its actually really basic common stuff that has been around for years, you can see what its all about from the food recall section - don't add salt, cut fat off meat, don't eat too much red meat, don't add butter, don't eat to many takeaways or drink more than a few units of alcohol a week, eat more fish etc etc. Real revolutionary secrets.
Old 19th August 2010, 23:56     #24611
MadMax
Stuff

what to do with an old rs 6000 running aix
Old 20th August 2010, 00:20     #24612
crocos

Devil grin

I imagine a home-made pipe-bomb should do to it quite nicely.

Old 20th August 2010, 03:57     #24613
Redneck

"First working PS3 modchip" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOEb...layer_embedded
Old 20th August 2010, 04:08     #24614
QWERTY?

about time, jezz
Old 20th August 2010, 11:19     #24615
p01s0n

For the first time in over a year and a half, we have a opening for a role in my area of work (field engineer/computer janitor). In our office, there is the parts-ordering team also, and there are two guys in there that have been begging to move into the field support team for ages. The single role has only been advertised internally to other teams that want to move into this team.

So these two parts dudes have both applied for the role without telling the other guy. I nominated one of my mates from a service desk for the role, but he was not considered for the role. The interviewing manager gave me a headsup my mate didn't get shortlisted, but mentioned only two staff did get considered.

Sounds like there is gonna be a bit of workplace drama once the successful candidate is announced, lol.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:28     #24616
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Fastway Couriers are the biggest clowns. Just had a delivery. They knocked and then had left by the time I made it to the door.

Correct address, incorrect recipient. Clowns. No return address on the box either. I did the right thing and called them back. Needless to say the lady on the other end wasn't too impressed with the courier just dropping it at the door.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:16     #24617
Cyberbob

US Capture/kill squads in Afghanistan
Old 20th August 2010, 12:23     #24618
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Fastway Couriers are the biggest clowns. Just had a delivery. They knocked and then had left by the time I made it to the door.
confirmed idiots, but then again *most* couriers are, it's their unspoken rules of conduct.

at our place most of the time the driver doesn't understand how to use an intercom, can't find my letterbox to leave a card to call, and refuses to actually call and let us know they're there even though we've left a phone number with the help desk.

most of them won't leave the packages at local post shops for collection, you have to pick up from their station which is miles out in the burbs (yeh, that's exactly why I paid for a courier...).

Last edited by cEvin : 20th August 2010 at 12:25.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:27     #24619
xor

Royal mail in Londontown are worse

They slipped a 'sorry we missed you' card in through the door one day while I was home. I quickly ran outside just to find the fucker driving off.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:37     #24620
[WanG] Wandarah

Courier post managed to lose my 2 metre tall bookshelf.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:47     #24621
p01s0n

did you check your cavernous anus, just in case you accidentally sat on your bookshelf without realizing?

ho snap
Old 20th August 2010, 14:30     #24622
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Fastway were in one sense very reliable. At a previous job, if we had to return something for credit that we thought might not get allowed, we'd send it by fastway on the assumption they would lose it and thus be on the hook for the insurance.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:43     #24623
crocos

A guy is fundraising for some thing or other at work selling chocolate. It made me think of CCS.

I may even have giggled.

Old 20th August 2010, 15:54     #24624
xor

Hey baldy, are you gonna get your chilli grow on this year?
Old 20th August 2010, 15:55     #24625
crocos

Nah man - my project at the moment is a basement grow^H^H^H^Hdarkroom for developing & processing photos.

Too cold & windswept where I am for chillies.

Last edited by crocos : 20th August 2010 at 16:00.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:57     #24626
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Old 20th August 2010, 16:04     #24627
Reformed_Quint

Fucking druggies.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:31     #24628
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

buzzy, my pc just BSOD'd. the only thing that i was doing that i don't normally do was i had MSN open.

EVIL MSN!

oh, i was playing Smashing Pumpkins. that's actually something i've never ever done.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:33     #24629
xor

Smashing pumpkins? Should be using icq with that playing tbh. Unless this is Cameron? o_O
Old 20th August 2010, 16:35     #24630
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
did you check your cavernous anus, just in case you accidentally sat on your bookshelf without realizing?

ho snap
far, huge anus burn on the nets!
Old 20th August 2010, 16:38     #24631
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Smashing pumpkins? Unless this is Cameron? o_O
rofl, that's exactly what i thought when i chucked it on. "time to represent the older bro up in diz bitch!"

still remember your(brent's?) double cassette album.. whoa, that just made me think of Hootie and the Blowfish.. actual LAWLZ
Old 20th August 2010, 17:11     #24632
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

ill have no disrespecting of hootie
Old 20th August 2010, 17:49     #24633
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Just finished my lab report, now I have 2 weeks mid term break (great time to catch up on Linear Algebra!) and plenty of opportunity to sleep in!

I have 3 (or is it 4?) assignments due over the break, so the plan is to get on it (uni work) ASAP. Then I can fuxx with my MIDI SID that I never got going properly last hols, and generally be an electronics nerd.

Erp, they are closing this lab, so I think I have to go now. Toodle pips!
Old 20th August 2010, 17:54     #24634
[Malks] Pixie

Heh - glad my assignments were due in this week instead! Also on two weeks break - basically just going to get eaten up by my news analysis assignment due at the end of September.

Pixie
Old 21st August 2010, 00:30     #24635
CCS
Stunt Pants

So I'm in Borders today and I hear this little kid behind me (I didn't look around, must've been, like... I dunno, 8 or something) say "Twilight sucks. Vampires don't sparkle!" I wanted to turn around and high-five that kid. Maybe I should have.
Old 21st August 2010, 00:37     #24636
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

lolling~

man, just spent like 3hours or there abouts in starcraft2, i've got the lingo on the loop. need some RL.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:08     #24637
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Cheers SickBo!

I actually planned to get Leadinjector to assess me, as he understands my health issues - but we both forgot the date! Maybe I should get in contact with him again, so he can post on how unfit I have become on NZG and I can post on his lack of tshirt after the assessment.
dude, for 400 bucks gimme 6 weeks and ill turn you into a fucking wrecking ball. you dont need none of this new age hippy shit.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:10     #24638
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
dude, for 400 bucks gimme 6 weeks and ill turn you into a fucking wrecking ball. you dont need none of this new age hippy shit.
Drink a dozen beers every day for 3 months and you'll be a wrecking ball.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:50     #24639
pkp|ex

Fucking hangovers. Such bs. It is as if it is some cheesy fuckhead form of karma or something, like 'Hey you had a good night last night, but now you have to pay with this fucking great headache.'
Old 21st August 2010, 11:25     #24640
p01s0n

just gotta be high on life, hangover free zone.