Password

Old 11th August 2010, 23:56     #24041
Lightspeed

It's symbolic. Of the fizz.
Old 12th August 2010, 01:20     #24042
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
I like the massive story our collective media is making out of the dead soldier.

I don't want to detract from the people personally affected, but that's where this should have ended.

He's not a war hero, he's a kid who joined the army, got sent to a warzone and got killed. Kind of what happens to soldiers in warzones.

If we ever actually went to war again, we'd be crippled from the mass outpourings of grief and State Funerals we'd need to organise every time someone got shot.
Oh come on man, we just lost our "Grieving Nation" cherry for this war. It's a big deal, been ages since we've had a good heroic war we can wave flags and look upset at funerals for.
Old 12th August 2010, 03:51     #24043
Lightspeed

Well, I dunno if I can begrudge people the feeling of identifying with that kind of sacrifice. And it's still a young man's life that's been taken, anyway you slice it.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:27     #24044
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
I like the massive story our collective media is making out of the dead soldier.

I don't want to detract from the people personally affected, but that's where this should have ended.

He's not a war hero, he's a kid who joined the army, got sent to a warzone and got killed. Kind of what happens to soldiers in warzones.

If we ever actually went to war again, we'd be crippled from the mass outpourings of grief and State Funerals we'd need to organise every time someone got shot.
I tend to agree. Thing is, it only seems all consuming and overblown because the media WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP about it. But, that's what happens here.

Why? Because a change of wind direction makes headline news around these parts. Every day is a slow news day.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:42     #24045
Trigger
Laserman

Wind changed AGAIN? Fuck this I'm moving to Aus
Old 12th August 2010, 09:00     #24046
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Also I want to know if the guy complaining has kids. I'm pretty certain he doesn't.
She does. And seems to be a professional religo nut moaner.
Old 12th August 2010, 09:37     #24047
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Gear grinding last few days:

Customer #1: doesn't want me to solve the issues, she just wants to rant down the phone at me. Barking out multiple problems giving me no time to understand or resolve the issues. And is an old biddy who is completely unwilling to learn the software when I try to step her thru the steps to fix it.

Customer #2: Changes their service contact to some other company because they are cheaper, and then 6 months later rants at us because there's no maintenance being done. Somehow we're supposed to be doing it.

Customer #3: Reports a problem, to which I reply with the steps to correct the issue. They say thanks and appear happy. Two days later I check the data and see they haven't bothered to follow the steps I gave them. In 6 months time when they are suffering a loss of revenue because their data is bad it will be my fault.

All this, and others less amusing, while attempting to do development of a complex trade me style directory off a half-arsed logically inconsistent design. Done by a designer who's no longer available to make changes or style any of the CMS. Running on data I didn't receive until way into the project. Which was supposed to be finished 2 weeks ago.

Fuck this
Old 12th August 2010, 09:38     #24048
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

dbl.
Old 12th August 2010, 09:54     #24049
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Why? Because a change of wind direction makes headline news around these parts. Every day is a slow news day.
30mins of sport in an hour news session, what the fuck.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:17     #24050
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
Gear grinding last few days:

Customer #1: doesn't want me to solve the issues, she just wants to rant down the phone at me. Barking out multiple problems giving me no time to understand or resolve the issues. And is an old biddy who is completely unwilling to learn the software when I try to step her thru the steps to fix it.

Customer #2: Changes their service contact to some other company because they are cheaper, and then 6 months later rants at us because there's no maintenance being done. Somehow we're supposed to be doing it.

Customer #3: Reports a problem, to which I reply with the steps to correct the issue. They say thanks and appear happy. Two days later I check the data and see they haven't bothered to follow the steps I gave them. In 6 months time when they are suffering a loss of revenue because their data is bad it will be my fault.

All this, and others less amusing, while attempting to do development of a complex trade me style directory off a half-arsed logically inconsistent design. Done by a designer who's no longer available to make changes or style any of the CMS. Running on data I didn't receive until way into the project. Which was supposed to be finished 2 weeks ago.

Fuck this
Fuck that indeed. o_O
Old 12th August 2010, 14:36     #24051
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
Something else that's funny about this one, is every night I watch more dollars worth of advertising from this company than they have spent on their website in the last seven years.

Having a better day today, 3 customers have said actually said "thank you", the support dept is back from australia, and I'm making progress on my project. *less grumpy*
Old 12th August 2010, 15:00     #24052
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
She does. And seems to be a professional religo nut moaner.

It was her kids that made that coffin out of tobacco labels and bought it to parliament a few months ago.

http://twitter.com/MelanieRCouch
Old 12th August 2010, 15:05     #24053
Nothing

Sometimes winter grinds my gears. Specifically the fact that it results in sick people everywhere. I'm almost certain that when I get sick it's not because I was going to get sick anyway, it's nearly always because I catch it from some other sick bastard. Right now I'm not sick, or at least I don't think I am. But all three of my flatmates are sick. They have fucking terrible coughs.

Am I alone in hating sick people for the fact that they might contaminate me with their sickness? I don't like that I have to share the kitchen with the three of them. They're using the eating utensils with their sickness. It's like there's no escape. I have way too many Uni assignments due in the next 2 weeks. Being sick is not what I need right now.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:05     #24054
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
It was her kids that made that coffin out of tobacco labels and bought it to parliament a few months ago.

http://twitter.com/MelanieRCouch
Obviously if they spent all that time making a coffin they wouldn't be watching bloody telly for some sly german boobie action.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:12     #24055
p01s0n

when you send a single page spreadsheet to the printer, and it comes out in double-sided portrait.

fffffff

Last edited by p01s0n : 12th August 2010 at 15:13.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:13     #24056
Rocket

White.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:17     #24057
crocos

No drugs: Sore
Panadol & Asprin: No change
Ibuprofen: Works, but knocks me the fuck out.
Diclofenac: As I have zero appetite, not eating much, so massively upset gut.

I hate viruses.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th August 2010, 15:21     #24058
Rocket

lose weight for the win though.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:28     #24059
Cynos

Adobe's OSMF library for writing Flash video players: "We support streaming!"

Just not pseudostreaming. You know, the technique used by Youtube and the like. o_O Well done Adobe.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:58     #24060
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
No drugs: Sore
Panadol & Asprin: No change
Ibuprofen: Works, but knocks me the fuck out.
Diclofenac: As I have zero appetite, not eating much, so massively upset gut.

I hate viruses.
Go and get some Naprogesic.

It's for period pain and since you're being a little bitch about it, it just might work.

(Actually, the real reason is that it's Naproxen Sodium, or Synflex, aka a hell of a good painkiller).

BTW, you might find Panadeine a bit better. That 12mg of Codeine Phosphate really helps.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:12     #24061
Bandalador

That and Diclofenac or any other NSAIDs will end up giving you a GI bleed if you carry on like you are for the sake of getting some relief from some achey joints and a headache.
You could try a Cox-2 inhibitor like Celebrex but even they give you gut upset.

Try the lady pills.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:01     #24062
fixed_truth

bloody druggies
Old 12th August 2010, 17:03     #24063
crocos

Pimp/Bandy - Ta, might give the monthly-bitch-mode drugs a shot.

Just putting up with the pain for now - I can still think, plus remote access to work, so can still do my job.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 12th August 2010 at 17:05.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:04     #24064
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Go and get some Naprogesic.

It's for period pain and since you're being a little bitch about it, it just might work.

(Actually, the real reason is that it's Naproxen Sodium, or Synflex, aka a hell of a good painkiller).

BTW, you might find Panadeine a bit better. That 12mg of Codeine Phosphate really helps.

Its also good for cleaning the house when you cant be bothered. Sunnies are a must.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:52     #24065
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
Its also good for cleaning the house when you cant be bothered. Sunnies are a must.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:11     #24066
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

GMG: People who do a fake laugh which gets louder and louder and faker and faker because they want you to hear them and say "what's so funny?"... If you have to fake laugh about it.. it can't be that funny...
Old 12th August 2010, 22:15     #24067
madmaxii

Television stations that make it so difficult to place feedback about their programs.

Motorway Patrol tonight who had the smug cunt of a cop giving $250 tickets to two young photographers taking photos form the disused for 5 years old Nelson street off ramp because it was "still officially a motorway - and the law says...".

Fuck me, the young guys were apologetic but the cop wouldn't let it go. "This road could be opened at any time you know". It's never been opened since it was closed - any 09's would know that.

I'm an old school type that has mostly supported the cops but this guy was a real prick. How can I get my, and I am sure, many others, feedback to the same public that watched that program? Clues anyone?
Old 12th August 2010, 22:23     #24068
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

TV2 Message boards, or even TradeMe message boards? (it may be full of retards, but it certainly seems popular)...
Old 12th August 2010, 22:47     #24069
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
How can I get my, and I am sure, many others, feedback to the same public that watched that program? Clues anyone?
Not the public, but a good place to send your views:

https://forms.police.govt.nz/forms/c...land-police/10
Old 12th August 2010, 22:51     #24070
madmaxii

Thanks Pepsi

TV2 Message boards do not have Motorway Patrol as an option and as far as Tardme is concerned - not going there - it wouldn't have any effect anyway

Nah - I'll just stay disillusioned with a police force that employs little power hungry pricks (90% of you are OK guys - it's just the shits like that guy that tarnishes your image)
Old 12th August 2010, 22:52     #24071
madmaxii

Chiq
Old 12th August 2010, 23:03     #24072
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
when I get sick it's not because I was going to get sick anyway, it's nearly always because I catch it from some other sick bastard

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

do you work in a laboratory in your spare time? creating germs yourself? if not how else would you get sick OTHER than other people giving it to you?

Old 12th August 2010, 23:42     #24073
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Television stations that make it so difficult to place feedback about their programs.

Motorway Patrol tonight who had the smug cunt of a cop giving $250 tickets to two young photographers taking photos form the disused for 5 years old Nelson street off ramp because it was "still officially a motorway - and the law says...".

Fuck me, the young guys were apologetic but the cop wouldn't let it go. "This road could be opened at any time you know". It's never been opened since it was closed - any 09's would know that.

I'm an old school type that has mostly supported the cops but this guy was a real prick. How can I get my, and I am sure, many others, feedback to the same public that watched that program? Clues anyone?
Why the fuck would you complain to a television station? They don't employ the police. Complain directly to the police, you crazy old letter writing crank.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:25     #24074
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:

Lol, 2 of my mates got busted by cops taking photos there a year or so back... I wonder if it was them. Should check it once it's on "on demand".
Old 13th August 2010, 00:36     #24075
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm
Lol, 2 of my mates got busted by cops taking photos there a year or so back... I wonder if it was them. Should check it once it's on "on demand".
Ok, so the ep is already on On Demand and it is them. HAHA. That's pretty funny, gonna rub it in now.
Old 13th August 2010, 08:20     #24076
BoyWonder

Having a new senior manager come on board who feels like they need to "shake things up a bit" by bullying people into over promising. Not me! This is on the back of having a meeting discussing how much time we need to do things and he nods in agreement through the whole thing.

Just had a fun round of him sending wanky emails CCing the MD and eventually backing down - and to my satisfaction the MD didn't even dignify him with getting involved.

And to add to the lols the MD mentioned to me that he had IT management experience - right after he asked me how he could go about setting up a wireless connection at home From now on he'll be referred to the "Techxperts" rather than wasting my time.
Old 13th August 2010, 09:27     #24077
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Chiq
I dobbed an officer in for dangerous and inconsiderate driving via *555 and the community watch driver form the other day. I've had two calls back since then telling me what's going on. They seem to be taking it more seriously than I expected. It's kind of awesome.
Old 13th August 2010, 09:31     #24078
[WanG] Wandarah

My old boss had a decade of 'IT Management Experience' but would in no way be able to set up a wireless connection. Or install AV. Or well, anything.
Old 13th August 2010, 09:51     #24079
BoyWonder

Oh and on top of that if I really want to pick apart the wanky emails he mentions "programing the router"... not sure if he intended to say programming the VCR... or maybe I need to set things up for some pro gaming? Who really knows!
Old 13th August 2010, 09:56     #24080
[WanG] Wandarah

Wanking things up is awesome. I just rocked out the following sentence.

'Only now can the EV server be installed with retrospective consideration of the Domino prerequisites being completed (inclusive of the step-by-step process outlined in the recommended documentation for Domino Archiving)'

Does it make sense?! Not really!

Am I going to use it, hell yes!