Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 31st August 2008, 12:27     #201
Hory

Seems that men like her better than women

Quote:
men have a favorable impression of Palin by a 35-point margin, whereas women have a favorable impression of her by an 18-point margin. Conversely, by a 23-point margin, women do not think Palin is ready to be President, whereas Palin lost this question among men by a considerably smaller 6-point margin
This is going to make great movie in a few years starring Will Smith, Tina Fey and a couple of old white guys.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:30     #202
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Sarah Palin's kind of a MILF tbh.
So's her daughter!
Old 31st August 2008, 12:46     #203
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
If this is true, this is going to be good.
Not only that it's probably her snowmobile racing husbands baby. yehaw!
Old 31st August 2008, 15:48     #204
Kryten

http://www.vpilf.com/
Old 31st August 2008, 16:02     #205
ZoSo

China scrub styles. Saw this on Crooks and liars

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8...841/290/579394

"Speaking of inconsistencies, earlier this month Palin praised Barack Obama's energy plan (h/t Excelscior1). Here is the cached version of the press release that had been posted at the Governor's website. The original document has been scrubbed sometime during the last day (since Aug. 28). I wonder if that could have anything to do with McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate?"
Old 31st August 2008, 18:16     #206
Valroth

So.. apparently the Russia VS Georgia situation was orchestrated by McCain! Putin said so.
Old 31st August 2008, 18:27     #207
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valroth
So.. apparently the Russia VS Georgia situation was orchestrated by McCain! Putin said so.
From what I've read, it's probably true.
Old 31st August 2008, 18:40     #208
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Sarah Palin's kind of a MILF tbh.
qft

She apparently was a beauty queen in her home town.
Old 31st August 2008, 23:48     #209
Wally Simmonds

Fuck that shit. Both her and McCain are going to get crucified. I suspect that's the real reason she's been chosen - she's practically a nobody.
Old 31st August 2008, 23:55     #210
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds
Fuck that shit. Both her and McCain are going to get crucified. I suspect that's the real reason she's been chosen - she's practically a nobody.
By whom? You? This is DUHmerica we are talking about.

Don't put anything past them.
Old 1st September 2008, 00:00     #211
Wally Simmonds

Oh, certainly, but given the toilet that the US economy has become, and the rest of the problems, I don't think people are going to vote in someone who is going to continue the same bs.

When you look at Obama and Biden, and compare the Republican opposition, it really seems like they haven't really even bothered to put up a fight. McCain is quite literally a crazy old man and from what I've read Palin's credentials are not very impressive.

I'm not saying that Obama and Biden are the next 2nd coming, either. I just think what the republicans have on offer is pretty piss poor.
Old 1st September 2008, 00:09     #212
cyc
Objection!

The trouble with America is that many people care far more about the "murder" of the unborn and pointless garbage like whether someone wears a flag pin than the things you cited. Honestly, the polls are showing McCain gaining on Obama, as unbelievable as that might be.

Another thing that many people don't realise about this election is that whoever is the next President will likely get to nominate 2, if not more, US Supreme Court Justices. If McNutjob wins, the USSC will firmly go back into the 19th century, if currently having some of its justices arguing for the execution of rapists, mentally retarded offenders, and unlimited detention of "enemy combatants" on the say so of GWB is not already disturbing enough. To put this another way, instead of the above being still minority views (barely) on the USSC, they will become THE opinion of the Court.

As for the unimpressive nature of the candidates of both camps - couldn't agree more. Outside of Biden, the others strike me as vapid (Obama), borderline senile/out of control (McCain) and unwashed country hick (Palin).
Old 1st September 2008, 08:41     #213
BaM
Freeloader

Uh-oh

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minn. — The selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has electrified conservative activists, providing a boost of energy to the GOP nominee-in-waiting from a key constituency that previously had been lukewarm — at best — about him.

By tapping the anti-abortion and pro-gun Alaska governor just ahead of his convention, which is set to start here Monday, McCain hasn’t just won approval from a skeptical Republican base — he’s ignited a wave of elation and emotion that has led some grass-roots activists to weep with joy.

Serious questions remain about McCain’s pick — exactly how much he knows about her and her positions, past and present, on key issues. But for the worker bee core of the party that is essential to any Republican victory, there are no doubts.
Old 1st September 2008, 12:17     #214
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Not that america cares, but she will get raped in the VP debates.
Old 1st September 2008, 12:35     #215
Hory

This is what will happen in the VP debates, just substitute Hillary for JFK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI

Last edited by Hory : 1st September 2008 at 12:36.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:13     #216
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaM
That's an alarming read. Abortion and guns. Surely it has to come down to something more than that? Flabbergasted is the best word to describe how I feel.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:27     #217
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I want to know if she forced her 16-year-old daughter to have a Down-Syndrome baby because that's what Jebus wanted.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:37     #218
Ajax
Architeuthis

^ Wha? It's Palin herself who had the Down Syndrome baby.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:38     #219
Havs

Obama is f*cked.

It's like a parody movie where some stoner loses everything and has no hope, then walk past a sign that alerts him to the fact that all his problems can be solved by becoming president.

In order to do so, he chooses representatives that conform to the biggest stereotypes in America. The perfect storm being a gun shooting, god bothering, anti global warming, no experience, flip flopping VP.

... Profit.

People seem to forget about the land mass between the east coast and the west coast. That area of land will destroy sound judgement on election day.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:38     #220
Biff

For some strange reason this photo was scrubbed from Palin's website. Things that make you go Hmmmm..

Old 1st September 2008, 13:39     #221
Havs

Quote:
^ Wha? It's Palin herself who had the Down Syndrome baby.
Quote:
1. Bristol Palin left school for an extended period of time, due to mononucleosis according to her family for the last 4-5 months of Trig's pregnancy. Some classmates claimed later that they had seen Bristol Palin pregnant.

2. Sarah Palin did not reveal to anyone outside her family that she was pregnant until 8 months into her pregnancy. Even then, she showed no signs of pregnancy. Alaskan news outlets commented on this, but did not go further. There are pictures of her at Super Tuesday (just a month before the baby was born).
Old 1st September 2008, 13:42     #222
Yoda

Even if the daughter wanted the baby, she still forced it secret.

Will it really matter to rabid Republicans when it comes to vote? Or swing voters?

Edit: Full writeup at dailykos
Old 1st September 2008, 13:46     #223
Ajax
Architeuthis

Interesting! It would seem very foolish to for a VP candidate to cover up such a thing.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:48     #224
Jonas Undrawing

wow. This should give McCain + Palin some thorough press coverage right up to and beyond the election.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:10     #225
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Interesting! It would seem very foolish to for a VP candidate to cover up such a thing.
She wasn't a candidate until a few days ago. Conspiracy theories aside, the chances of a teen having a DS baby is very slim. The chances of a 44 year old having a DS baby? Very high. It's entirely possible that the kid is her daughter's, but I'm not so sure.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:17     #226
A Corpse
talkative lurker

What if it's her own father's baby? Increases the chances again doesn't it? Also makes for a good rumour.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:22     #227
Jonas Undrawing

hah! That'd be too perfect
Old 1st September 2008, 14:28     #228
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
She wasn't a candidate until a few days ago. Conspiracy theories aside, the chances of a teen having a DS baby is very slim. The chances of a 44 year old having a DS baby? Very high. It's entirely possible that the kid is her daughter's, but I'm not so sure.
The evidence in favour of coverup does seem very damning. It's not impossible for a teen to have a DS baby. I suppose she'll have to make a statement at some point.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:44     #229
Biff

Some say it's not a DS baby, but a baby of another ethnicity (eskimo) and the DS slant used to explain it's different facial features..

lols

Are the photos enough evidence? Not really but the combination of everything doesn't add up. Mono for 5 months? That just happens to coincide with the end of a pregnancy? Also anyone can look pregnant. Face it if Palin was scared of the secret all she would have to do is hit the Donut shop and put a little padding under her belly. I think something will be uncovered soon. This could be covered up easily under state scrutiny but not national..
Old 1st September 2008, 14:52     #230
caffiend

I would pay hard currency to see "electricity going through the social conservative crowd right now".

Preferably 22,000 volts from the fingertips of The Emperor.
Old 1st September 2008, 15:10     #231
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Two differing thoughts:

1. Normally I would assume that a vice-presidential candidate would be vetted six ways from Sunday. There'd be investigators on the party payroll going through everything from school attendance records to tax returns to medical histories to every statement ever made of which there is a public record.

But in this case it appears that McCain made this decision without consulting the Republican Party leadership based on some sort of impulse that having a jesus-freak female beside him would assure him of support from the evangelicals and disaffected racist Clinton supporters. If so, he's fucking crazy and fucking unfit to be President.

2. In the past six months we've seen Senator Maverick McCain morph into Presidential Candidate Crazy Power-Hungry McCain and start using techniques out of the Karl Rove playbook of media spin and public-opinion manipulation. There's no way a campaign with any sort of influence from Rove -- the greatest manipulator of public sentiment since Goebbels -- would throw a hospital pass of the magnitude that Palin seems to represent. There's no way Rove would allow a gift like this to fall into the Democrats' lap unless it's exactly what Rove wanted to Democrats to get.

At the risk of sounding overly Machiavellian,

All warfare is based on deception.
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Knowing what we all do of Karl Rove, if we take as given that he's a) involved in McCain's strategy, and b) that he was involved in Palin's selection, then c) she's bait and IT'S A TRAP.
Old 1st September 2008, 15:13     #232
Kryten

One heartbeat away from becoming President. Now *that's* scary.

I'm getting flashbacks to "The Amazing Mrs Pritchard".
Old 1st September 2008, 15:21     #233
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

ab, thats the most insightful post ive seen on this forum so far, and i think youre not far off the mark.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:16     #234
FaTBoB

Old 1st September 2008, 17:30     #235
Biff

^ dude, hilarious

oh btw: first MSM of palin rumour! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4647965.ece

Go timesonline! Now if it can just make it to US MSM -ETA tomorrow?
Old 1st September 2008, 17:37     #236
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
I think it's going to develop into a Category Five Shitstorm within a day or two.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:52     #237
Hory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Knowing what we all do of Karl Rove, if we take as given that he's a) involved in McCain's strategy, and b) that he was involved in Palin's selection, then c) she's bait and IT'S A TRAP.
I don't think Karl Rove is involved, it's just too fucking stupid a decision.

Rove was on Fox News the night before the announcement, Palin was none of the 5 or 6 names he listed as potential VPs, and then there's this clip (about 6 mins in) from three weeks ago of him saying Obama should not pick Tim Kaine as his VP because he has only been a Governor of Virginia (popn 7.7 million) for three years, and before that was only mayor of Richmond (popn 1 million), and that if Obama did pick Kaine it would be purely a political choice, not a governing choice.
Palin has been Governor of Alaska (popn 600 thousand) for almost 2 years and before that was Mayor of Wasilla - population 7000.

Of course Rove looking like a complete tool could all be part of a cunning plan to deceive the public, but I think his ego is way too big to do that.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:29     #238
Hory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
^ dude, hilarious

oh btw: first MSM of palin rumour! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4647965.ece

I think these photos will probably kill this conspiracy theory, unfortunately.
Old 1st September 2008, 20:12     #239
Biff

what about this: http://divasblueoasis.blogspot.com/2...rah-palin.html
Old 1st September 2008, 21:31     #240
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten

Just look at all those gun-totting beer swilling nigger hating republicans in the crowd.