Macca@Work

Meh nice rack but that is about it.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:50     #2322
Macca@Work

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Can someone supply pics?

Well I tried to find a "hot" pic but was unsuccessful.
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:15     #2323
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
Well I tried to find a "hot" pic but was unsuccessful.
mmmm untill proven otherwise, she shall now be proclaimed as 'not hot'.

So it has been spoken.
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:45     #2324
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

'Natural' Confectionary Co. / who used to be 'Binkas' - their range of jelly sweets (snakes/dinos/fruit). These oil my gears. Nom.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:55     #2325
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
'Natural' Confectionary Co. / who used to be 'Binkas' - their range of jelly sweets (snakes/dinos/fruit). These oil my gears. Nom.

best "lollies" ever.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:26     #2326
Wally Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
Meh nice rack but that is about it.
I dunno, reckon she's pretty good. 10x better than the xfiles, tbh.
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:48     #2327
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
The mere fact they advertise as "99% fat free" grinds my gears. It's true, of course, just like Nutella advertising that it has less fat than peanut butter and less sugar than jam, but it's still misleading.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:11     #2328
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage
What version are you using the newest one I could find was 3.0.1.5, and can only find map and satellite view.
plot a route. you can get street views of turns.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:43     #2329
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
The mere fact they advertise as "99% fat free" grinds my gears. It's true, of course, just like Nutella advertising that it has less fat than peanut butter and less sugar than jam, but it's still misleading.
Chelsea Refined Cane Sugar. 100% Fat Free!

Anchor Butter. 100% Sugar Free!
Old 24th April 2009, 11:00     #2330
Markh

Quote:
Yep - misleading in that while completely true it implies that the product is healthy or doesn't contain bad stuff. They want you to think that 'low fat' = good for you. Consumers often are gullible and the manufacturers/marketers like to take advantage.

The truth is that Nutella may have less fat than peanut butter & less sugar than jam, but it has more sugar than peanut butter and more fat than jam - so probably not too healthy a food.
I have seen a bag of marshmellows in the supermarket with the 'over 99% fat free' claim - it is still a bag full of flavoured sugar.
Chocolate may have the goodness of a glass and a half of milk, but it also has a lot of fat and sugar to ensure it is not a healthy food.
Many 'low fat' products have corn starch instead - low fat but still high in calories, you can still get fat eating it.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:35     #2331
A Corpse
talkative lurker

My oil for the foreseeable future: My wife and I are expecting our second child in December. We had the dating scan this morning. Makes it so much more real.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:42     #2332
Hurtuso

congrats
Old 24th April 2009, 13:55     #2333
dead goon

How easy it is to set up a Mac on a Windows network (so far)
Old 24th April 2009, 14:19     #2334
Cyberbob

Printing on a windows network from a mac is the next challenge.
Side note, my partners i-book isn't connecting to the wireless network ever since I changed it to WPA2.. it attempt to get an IP, fails, attempts to get an IP, fails, and just continues on and on like this. For some reason WPA2 isn't an option on the list of network types (needs an upgrade/update/patch?), so the only option is to leave it as WPA
Old 24th April 2009, 14:38     #2335
dead goon

Printing was the part that oiled the gears.

I just went to 'printer list' added the IP address and it came up with the driver. Clicked OK and then tested it. Sweet as a nut.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:44     #2336
tristan

Even though WPA2 isn't an option, AFAIK (OSX 10.4.9) if the network is WPA2 the iBook will connect.

System Pref > Network > Airport > Change by default: join to Preferred Networks and you'll probably see that it's connected as WPA2 Personal.

Not sure about your other issue though. Have you tried setting a static IP?
Old 24th April 2009, 14:48     #2337
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
Even though WPA2 isn't an option, AFAIK (OSX 10.4.9) if the network is WPA2 the iBook will connect.

System Pref > Network > Airport > Change by default: join to Preferred Networks and you'll probably see that it's connected as WPA2 Personal.

Not sure about your other issue though. Have you tried setting a static IP?
i shall take a looksee
Old 24th April 2009, 20:56     #2338
chiQ
Frag-muff

Sitting in stop-start traffic for several kilometres listening to really loud music and singing at the top of your lungs, and not giving a fuck that everyone you pull up beside is staring at you, while every weld in your car hums from the cranked up sub, which is really far too big for the car.

I would never sing in front of another human if I thought I'd see them ever again or if I thought they could actually hear me. Seriously though, a good guitar solo MUST be blasted, and you may as well blast everything else while you're at it, especially on a bad commute.

I generally telecommute, so music saved my sanity today.
Old 24th April 2009, 22:08     #2339
MoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage
What version are you using the newest one I could find was 3.0.1.5, and can only find map and satellite view.
Yeah, very latest as of a week or two ago
Old 25th April 2009, 00:14     #2340
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Sitting in stop-start traffic for several kilometres listening to really loud music and singing at the top of your lungs, and not giving a fuck that everyone you pull up beside is staring at you, while every weld in your car hums from the cranked up sub, which is really far too big for the car.
i see the odd person doing this. gives me fuzzies.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:32     #2341
chiQ
Frag-muff

A Corpse: That's brilliant, congratulations

MadMax: The Friday drive north out of Wellington is always a nightmare and I figured it would be no exception last night. The queue ran from Soong's corner (or whatever it's called) north of Paekakariki, south almost to the weigh station at Plimmerton (that's a pretty long queue, in case you're not familiar), and for a decent length of that at the south end it's dual carriageway and was close to stationary, so I could see passengers turning to stare from the right lane as they ended up parked beside me. It just made me giggle like a girl at how stupid I must look. What didn't help me keep a straight face was the fact that I was singing about cannibalism, a serial killer, necrophilia, war, kink, casual sex, political evils, and many more antisocial themes in German, and badly.

I was also flipping birdies and yelling abuse happily at the arseholes exploiting the local cemetary on and off-ramps to queue jump and waving at anyone who stared too long.

An absolutely blonde commute. I recommend it
Old 25th April 2009, 09:52     #2342
Cyberbob

Waking up at 5:20, throwing walking shoes into a bag, rollerblading my way down to the cenotaph at the north end of lampton quay via the empty roads (in record time), to be presented with a crowd of a few thousand. Throwing rollerblades into bag, chucking on normal shoes, and sneaking up with my camera to be directly alongside the cenotaph podium for the dawn service

bonus: seeing phants and rince there too
Old 25th April 2009, 10:44     #2343
leadinjector

sleeping in until 930

mmmmmm
Old 25th April 2009, 11:48     #2344
Nine_of_Hearts

9:30... Poor bastard.

Being a student with no morning lectures rules.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:08     #2345
ZoSo

Pretty sure I see bob lurking around in the bg on tv1 atm going hardout with the camera (that or his twin).
(not an omg, just an observation)
Old 25th April 2009, 12:32     #2346
Reformed_Quint

Waking up at 4:30, strapping medals on and respecting my forefathers.

Nothing makes you feel better.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:14     #2347
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Nothing makes you feel better.
Getting the dick sucked? You're weird.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:28     #2348
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Pretty sure I see bob lurking around in the bg on tv1 atm going hardout with the camera (that or his twin).
(not an omg, just an observation)
haha, yeap.. I got a call from Devilmonkey telling me to feck off out of the shot.

I thought i'd waited until the cameras were off the military men, but obviously not!
Old 25th April 2009, 13:34     #2349
Cyberbob

Oils: Expecting the government/parliament officials to be down at the cenotaph, and only have the military ones at the war memorial, but ended up getting pretty much everyone at the memorial.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:38     #2350
ZoSo

You had pretty good coverage man I reckon even a few of the D's were eyeing you up at times haha (most notable when you sat up on that wall)
Old 25th April 2009, 14:25     #2351
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

My job. Its awesome.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:26     #2352
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
My oil for the foreseeable future: My wife and I are expecting our second child in December. We had the dating scan this morning. Makes it so much more real.

Congrats mate, gotta get some extra use out of all those baby clothes in the cupboard, right?
Old 25th April 2009, 15:43     #2353
CCS
Stunt Pants

Upside down

Found a cadbury creme egg that I'd forgotten I had. Mmm, dark chocolate, peppermint creme.

Damn, I feel like a fat guy finding a ham sandwich in his coat pocket that he'd forgotten about.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:18     #2354
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Congrats mate, gotta get some extra use out of all those baby clothes in the cupboard, right?
Yep. This time around we will find out the sex beforehand (if the little one cooperates) so that we know whether to keep or sell all the pink stuff we still have that our first has grown out of.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:32     #2355
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

ubuntus one-click upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04 oils my gears~
Old 25th April 2009, 18:30     #2356
LordP

Installed 9.04 yesterday (from scratch admittedly), was pretty nice. The login screen looks quite badass too.

[edit] click

Last edited by LordP : 25th April 2009 at 18:31.
Old 25th April 2009, 18:57     #2357
Hurtuso

yeah tv today has been awesome

also Zarbo's Onion Jam = very win!
Old 25th April 2009, 20:42     #2358
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

WOMG? I played the piano all afternoon. It felt beyond good. I'm sure my mum is thrilled that 10+ years and $1,000s of dollars in piano lessons hasn't been wasted.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:09     #2359
MoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
ubuntus one-click upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04 oils my gears~
Agreed. That was one super smooth upgrade.

Also, at the bottom of this page is instructions for getting it to keep your custom apt sources.

Which is good, cause the traffic to the iinet ones are free for me, and around 1MB/sec
Old 26th April 2009, 11:27     #2360
Helious

TeamViewer

oh how you've made life _very_ simple