Password

Old 8th March 2008, 01:03     #2201
xor

mmmmmm reading that just makes me think 'glock'
Old 8th March 2008, 11:30     #2202
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
I hold doors open and let ladies go first because it makes ME feel good. Buggered if I really care what it does for their feelings.
Fuck that, they want equal rights, then they can have equal amounts of pushing and shovin' too.
Old 8th March 2008, 11:50     #2203
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Surely "common" courtesy would dictate that the first person through the door holds it open for those who follow, regardless of gender?
Old 8th March 2008, 11:53     #2204
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'd hold it open long enough for them to grab it as they pass through. I'm not a friggin doorman.
Old 8th March 2008, 11:59     #2205
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Agreed - if its something like a cinema. But if its only a few people, I can't see the harm.
Old 8th March 2008, 12:24     #2206
CCS
Stunt Pants

Most people are just so unappreciative. Death to them.
Old 8th March 2008, 12:35     #2207
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
Surely "common" courtesy would dictate that the first person through the door holds it open for those who follow, regardless of gender?
Common courtesy has unfortunately gone much the same way as common sense these days.
Old 8th March 2008, 12:44     #2208
verve_rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'd hold it open long enough for them to grab it as they pass through. I'm not a friggin doorman.
It's all about the subtext.
Old 9th March 2008, 02:10     #2209
Helious

Very angry

People who leave too much of a gap when they quote!!~
Old 9th March 2008, 04:05     #2210
MoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
I hold doors open and let ladies go first because it makes ME feel good. Buggered if I really care what it does for their feelings.

Yeah, I do this.. i'm kinda old-fashioned sometimes.
oo see what I did there?
Old 9th March 2008, 04:07     #2211
dead goon

because it makes YOU feel good? Jesus thats selfish.

I always think about them, before me when opening the door. Hence why I do it in the first place.
Old 9th March 2008, 09:38     #2212
leadinjector

i was opening the door to my building the other day while holding my bike, which is a knida fiddly thing to do- as i was opening, obviously with a bit of difficulty, some asian girl comes up smiles at me says thanks and walks through the dor. fucking bitch thought i was opening it for her! every time ive been in that situation ive held the door for the person. shoulda wrapped my bicycle round her face
Old 9th March 2008, 09:42     #2213
Haydos

Getting the fucking flu a couple months out from a race, meaning I have to take it easy in training for two weeks to completely get over it - hate that.
Old 9th March 2008, 11:15     #2214
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
People who leave too much of a gap when they quote!!~

Don't get angry ginga guy
Old 9th March 2008, 11:25     #2215
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
because it makes YOU feel good? Jesus thats selfish.

I always think about them, before me when opening the door. Hence why I do it in the first place.
I'm on the door opening bandwagon too. It is just good manners, and some chicks appreciate it as well.
Old 9th March 2008, 11:56     #2216
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley

QFMFT
Old 9th March 2008, 12:31     #2217
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
Filthy commoners.
Old 9th March 2008, 13:09     #2218
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
a couple months out from a race
What event you running?
Old 9th March 2008, 13:57     #2219
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Fuck up Ashley, someone's already done that joke.
Old 9th March 2008, 13:58     #2220
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Fuck up Ashley, someone's already done that joke.
Because nobody ever uses the same joke twice on the internet.

Douche.
Old 9th March 2008, 14:01     #2221
CCS
Stunt Pants

Only when it's cumbuckets like you who use the same joke FOUR POSTS AFTER THE FIRST JOKE. Idiot.

What sort of a dumb excuse is that, anyway? "So what if I ran down that old lady on the pedestrian crossing. It's not like other people haven't done it."
Old 9th March 2008, 14:05     #2222
Juju
get to da choppa

What? It's not cool to do that anymore?

oh.
Old 9th March 2008, 14:20     #2223
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Only when it's cumbuckets like you who use the same joke FOUR POSTS AFTER THE FIRST JOKE. Idiot.

What sort of a dumb excuse is that, anyway? "So what if I ran down that old lady on the pedestrian crossing. It's not like other people haven't done it."
I'm not seeing the same joke 4 posts above mine? So what the fuck are you talking about? I see you have a new dose of anger, not able to beat off over Haydos any are you?
Old 9th March 2008, 14:21     #2224
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Angry talking

Students

Not only do they decide that 5 AM is an awesome time to crank their stereo so loud, it can be heard across George St through 2 closed windows down the other end of the house (IE: An entire building and a road away), but then bitch that "You should have thought of that before you moved into town" when approached extremely calmly about it. (My wife has that scary "I've worked in a call centre for 5+ years dealing with complaints from morons with loads more clout than you" calm about her).

Fuck you asswipe, we've been here a lot longer than you and have seen multiple tenants move in and out of your plague ridden apartment. You're the only ones inconsiderate and stupid enough to piss your neighbours off on a regular basis. (That fire escape?...that's not a balcony. Yes it may look like one, but legally you're not allowed out there. Esp not till 7AM drinking and singing shit songs at the top of your just broken voices. Dunedin Central is a Liquor Free Zone dickheads)

Let's see you worm your way out of that when you're getting evicted cos your landlord has had enough of dealing with the DCC and Noise Control.

Dickwads.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad had I not been awake most of the night anyway due to the fucking fresher flu the cunts have brought with them.
Old 9th March 2008, 15:49     #2225
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I'm not seeing the same joke 4 posts above mine?
That's because you are so very stupid. MoP.
Old 9th March 2008, 16:06     #2226
Helious

Quote:
I'm not seeing the same joke 4 posts above mine?
The confusion happened because CCS quoted the ginga part of the post.

MoP made a subtle joke by having a large gap following a quote, something you did 4 posts later.
Old 9th March 2008, 16:28     #2227
Haydos

Quote:
What event you running?
Huntly Half.
Old 9th March 2008, 17:39     #2228
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Yeah... well... why would I quote the empty space? We don't like that, right?

Besides, I would've thought Ashley would at least have the smarts to realise what I was getting at. Guess I overestimated him.
Old 9th March 2008, 17:40     #2229
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah... well... why would I quote the empty space? We don't like that, right?
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking

and mmm.. I thought he was smart enough to put it together aswell..
Old 9th March 2008, 17:51     #2230
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:

MoP made a subtle joke by having a large gap following a quote, something you did 4 posts later.
Yar I was looking for the ginga part, didn't give it much thought after that.

Its the internet ccs, get over yourself.
Old 9th March 2008, 18:21     #2231
Cereal Killar

Fucktards who think it's cool to tailgate. Coming home along Rosebank Rd on Friday night pushing just under 60 km/hr (not wanting to do any more as the Police love the road from what I've seen) and some tools in a red PFL S14 think they'll tailgate. I move over to the left a bit to let them past but they don't overtake (other side of the road was clear to get pass me on, but they could have used the median strip to be honest) and they fall back a little. Few seconds later they decide to do it again. At that point, feeling a tad enraged, I hit the anchors. Needless to say, they thought better of it at that point and kept a hell of a lot further back.
Old 9th March 2008, 19:01     #2232
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Its the internet ccs, get over yourself.
Fuck up, asshole.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:22     #2233
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat
Students

Not only do they decide that 5 AM is an awesome time to crank their stereo so loud, it can be heard across George St through 2 closed windows down the other end of the house (IE: An entire building and a road away), but then bitch that "You should have thought of that before you moved into town" when approached extremely calmly about it. (My wife has that scary "I've worked in a call centre for 5+ years dealing with complaints from morons with loads more clout than you" calm about her).

Fuck you asswipe, we've been here a lot longer than you and have seen multiple tenants move in and out of your plague ridden apartment. You're the only ones inconsiderate and stupid enough to piss your neighbours off on a regular basis. (That fire escape?...that's not a balcony. Yes it may look like one, but legally you're not allowed out there. Esp not till 7AM drinking and singing shit songs at the top of your just broken voices. Dunedin Central is a Liquor Free Zone dickheads)

Let's see you worm your way out of that when you're getting evicted cos your landlord has had enough of dealing with the DCC and Noise Control.

Dickwads.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad had I not been awake most of the night anyway due to the fucking fresher flu the cunts have brought with them.
Next time? Ring noise control. <shrug>

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th March 2008, 22:53     #2234
Torka

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...icle_id=528694

My gears are thoroughly ground
Old 9th March 2008, 23:22     #2235
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Next time? Ring noise control. <shrug>
"Let's see you worm your way out of that when you're getting evicted cos your landlord has had enough of dealing with the DCC and Noise Control."
Old 9th March 2008, 23:27     #2236
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
Cunts.
Old 10th March 2008, 00:02     #2237
dead goon

the 'i did not know that' thread
Old 10th March 2008, 04:44     #2238
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
Giving China the Olympics was such a fucked up thing to do. I was already pretty meh about the Olympics anyway, with all the drugs and cheating and shit. But now the spirit isn't even there.
Old 10th March 2008, 10:28     #2239
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat
"Let's see you worm your way out of that when you're getting evicted cos your landlord has had enough of dealing with the DCC and Noise Control."
have you ever tried to evict someone when there's a tenancy agreement? It's near unpossible
Old 10th March 2008, 10:30     #2240
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Cunts.
Who really gives a fucking shit about how cats are treated in China? Seriously, get the fuck over it, they're being rounded up and exterminated because they are strays - do you think this doesn't happen in New Zealand?

Get your head out of your god damn ass.

Something that grinds my gears - Animal activists who have no fucking clue about the reality of their own country when judging other countries.