NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd February 2010, 11:24     #19641
Reformed_Quint

We now have to apply for training through the intranet. *le sigh*

More crap we have to try and do with a completely useless system. Way to boost productivity guys!
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:31     #19642
Thomas Meatball

Timbaland and his fucken auto-tune. Fuck, alright! ENOUGH!
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:47     #19643
Cynos

So get our last sprint interrupted 2 weeks in, in order to implement some critical features to make more money. That's fine. Then we get pressure to release before the end of the new sprint. Okay, that's fine. Then today I find that a) our server team haven't implemented a basic requirement of the story because they weren't aware of it and b) our account management and product development teams have two different ideas about how the new feature is supposed to work. Luckily, we can handle both, but fuck I would love some leadership every now and then.

And I wonder what the fuck the point of doing Scrum is if we keep interrupting sprints.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:49     #19644
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
So... if you take children away without authority to do so and in violation of the law, you call that... what? Child Taking?
Oh yay, semantics. I can do this too.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?clien...utf-8&oe=utf-8

When you've got evidence that they were seized and detained, I'll reconsider.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:00     #19645
Thomas Meatball

Ecch. Fella, you're the one who has a problem with calling them kidnappers. Don't give me this 'semantic' wah wah. What they did amounts to kidnapping. It doesn't matter that you frame it in a context of good intentions.

WTF are you all up ons defending them anyway?
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:33     #19646
Cynos

Quote:
Ecch. Fella, you're the one who has a problem with calling them kidnappers. Don't give me this 'semantic' wah wah. What they did amounts to kidnapping. It doesn't matter that you frame it in a context of good intentions.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/worl...=560&width=640

That woman claims that 5 of the kids are hers and that she gave them into their care to look after them. That's why I call BS at the "kidnapping" claim.

Quote:
WTF are you all up ons defending them anyway?
This whole Haitian OMG CHILD TRAFFICKING thing strikes me as exceedingly odd. Maybe the Haitian elite are worried that they won't get their usual cut of the profits on the children that get taken as sex slaves. Cynicism aside, it strikes me that these guys are going to be scapegoated and will be used to extort some kind of advantage out of the US.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:36     #19647
xor

tard
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:45     #19648
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/worl...=560&width=640

That woman claims that 5 of the kids are hers and that she gave them into their care to look after them. That's why I call BS at the "kidnapping" claim.
My browser isn't equipped to watch whatever fucking video you've got there but I assume it's some woman going "I give my kids to Baptists for better life in Ah-meer-ee-kuh!"
You know you can't just give your kids out to people, eh? And you can't adopt them out through your own adoption agency which you've just invented, especially when the government has halted all adoptions. So if these Baptists have taken these kids with no legal grounds to do so, what do you call that? Don't whine to me that it's a semantic argument; it's not. I'm calling it what it is. No semantic confusion for me. Maybe you'd like it to be known as Disadvantaged Child Repatriation?

Quote:
This whole Haitian OMG CHILD TRAFFICKING thing strikes me as exceedingly odd. Maybe the Haitian elite are worried that they won't get their usual cut of the profits on the children that get taken as sex slaves. Cynicism aside, it strikes me that these guys are going to be scapegoated and will be used to extort some kind of advantage out of the US.
Tell me all about this Haitian elite that traffic in child exportation to sex slave rings. You seem to be an expert on the subject.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:57     #19649
tilde

Quote:
So get our last sprint interrupted 2 weeks in, in order to implement some critical features to make more money. That's fine. Then we get pressure to release before the end of the new sprint. Okay, that's fine. Then today I find that a) our server team haven't implemented a basic requirement of the story because they weren't aware of it and b) our account management and product development teams have two different ideas about how the new feature is supposed to work. Luckily, we can handle both, but fuck I would love some leadership every now and then.

And I wonder what the fuck the point of doing Scrum is if we keep interrupting sprints.
i'm guessing that you are using Agile method for software dev? hows that working for you in practice, as opposed to the holy grail of faster delivery in theory?
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:28     #19650
Cynos

Quote:
You know you can't just give your kids out to people, eh?
All this talk about proper paperwork is nice and all, but you're missing two basic facts:

A) It's Haiti
B) It's Haiti after it got levelled by a giant earthquake.

When the giant earthquake levels New Zealand, I'd expect most parents would do anything to keep their children alive. Including asking other people to care for them without CYFS approving the deal.

Quote:
Tell me all about this Haitian elite that traffic in child exportation to sex slave rings. You seem to be an expert on the subject.
It was a tongue in cheek reference to the exploitative social structure of Haiti, how the Haitian elite replaced the French elite and continued to profit at the expense of the proles. But don't worry, I'm sure that they have the right forms from their brother in the Interior Ministry, so it's all legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilde
i'm guessing that you are using Agile method for software dev? hows that working for you in practice, as opposed to the holy grail of faster delivery in theory?
Mostly fine. When the business guys respect our sprints, we usually get stuff done on time with good quality. Our capacity to estimate work is usually spot on. When they jerk us around, stuff takes longer to get done, and quality can drop.

Last edited by Cynos : 3rd February 2010 at 15:30.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:40     #19651
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
All this talk about proper paperwork is nice and all, but you're missing two basic facts:

A) It's Haiti
B) It's Haiti after it got levelled by a giant earthquake.
Uh yeah... you don't seem to get that the situation still doesn't make it okay to take children. I'm repeating myself here but when the prime minister says "ALL ADOPTIONS ARE HALTED, YOU CAN'T TAKE CHILDREN" it doesn't matter fuck all that there is no paperwork available to complete.
Whether or not some desperate people wanted to give their children up to some well meaning strangers with an unqualified promise that they would take care of them is irrelevant. Those well meaning strangers still are not permitted to take the children. It's a pretty black and white issue here. The Baptist babysitters (since apparently they were only going to look after them for a little while, according to yourself) were not allowed to take the kids. Illegal taking of kids? No. Can't do it. Not permitted. No emotional argument changes that.

Quote:
It was a tongue in cheek reference to the exploitative social structure of Haiti, how the Haitian elite replaced the French elite and continued to profit at the expense of the proles. But don't worry, I'm sure that they have the right forms from their brother in the Interior Ministry, so it's all legit.
Oh. Right. So it's just some bullshit you came up with. Wow. That changes things!
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:47     #19652
Thomas Meatball

Speaking of retards...

Faggots with Audis and personalised euro plates. What fags. A4QTRO! That dude must've ejaculated prematurely when he pulled his new plates out of the wrapping paper.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:52     #19653
Nich

see now, i dont get how it can be premature when you're by yourself. Isnt it right on time?
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:55     #19654
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
see now, i dont get how it can be premature when you're by yourself. Isnt it right on time?
hehehehe.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:24     #19655
p01s0n

Quote:
Faggots with Audis and personalised euro plates. What fags. A4QTRO! That dude must've ejaculated prematurely when he pulled his new plates out of the wrapping paper.
is this u?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyH8...re=fvw#t=1m00s
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:36     #19656
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
That's a reasonable question. I would say that if you still have your pants on then it's definately premature. Unless you're some kind of pervert, which may be the case for A4QTRO. He's probably the sort of person who stands on the bus, rubs up against a fat woman and then cums in his pants with a sick smile on his face.
On the other hand, supposing he already had his pants around his ankles as he was opening the package, feverish in his anticipation. I suppose then it could be said that it is not premature ejeculation. However - I will always argue that it's not the destination it's the journey. Well... it's both really. But you can't just appear at the destination. That's lame. And then you're all like "Oh. Well I've done that then. Is there anywhere here I can buy a t-shirt? No? Oh"
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:37     #19657
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Why the fuck do you have PIE on your number plate anyway?
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:39     #19658
Cynos

Quote:
Uh yeah... you don't seem to get that the situation still doesn't make it okay to take children. I'm repeating myself here but when the prime minister says "ALL ADOPTIONS ARE HALTED, YOU CAN'T TAKE CHILDREN" it doesn't matter fuck all that there is no paperwork available to complete.
Whether or not some desperate people wanted to give their children up to some well meaning strangers with an unqualified promise that they would take care of them is irrelevant.
They weren't adopting them. I see your point of view, but you're not seeing mine. I'd wager it's because you don't have children, so we're approaching it differently. If it were me, and I had a chance of getting my kids out of a giant disaster zone, and into some healthcare and food providin' place, I'd be all over it like flies on a Haitian earthquake victim.

PS, I just noticed something - I think your abrogation of the parental capacity of Haitians is a bit shit. Obviously the white people took the children, they certainly weren't given them! Because that would involve the parents of the children making a rational decision.

Quote:
Oh. Right. So it's just some bullshit you came up with. Wow. That changes things!
My puzzlement as to the Haitian government's priorities was an aside. It still exists. Why is their main concern child trafficking and not, for example, how useless at everything that they were.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:46     #19659
Reformed_Quint

Out of credit. Went to ring someone to say 'yo, get me some credit.' But yea, no credit.

Trials of our lives.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:58     #19660
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
They weren't adopting them. I see your point of view, but you're not seeing mine. I'd wager it's because you don't have children, so we're approaching it differently. If it were me, and I had a chance of getting my kids out of a giant disaster zone, and into some healthcare and food providin' place, I'd be all over it like flies on a Haitian earthquake victim.
You have this idea that the Baptists were actually providing that very thing. How do you know that's what they were capable of?

Quote:
PS, I just noticed something - I think your abrogation of the parental capacity of Haitians is a bit shit. Obviously the white people took the children, they certainly weren't given them! Because that would involve the parents of the children making a rational decision.
There is no abrogation of the parental capacity of children - that's some shit you just made up and decided must be my point of view.
You've eventually changed your mind and decided that the Baptists aren't actually adopting them. Cool. You've come this far. Here's the thing: the Baptists still had no actual right to take the children. Saying that you're just borrowing and not stealing does not change that. What you call it does not change that. No emotional argument changes that. What the parents thought they were doing for their children (based on some promises from strangers) still does not make it okay. It's still illegal. Hence the Baptists have been charged. I'm not reaching a foregone conclusion here that they will be convicted of kidnapping. But what they're doing is far closer to kidnapping than it is to 'giving aid'.

Quote:
My puzzlement as to the Haitian government's priorities was an aside. It still exists. Why is their main concern child trafficking and not, for example, how useless at everything that they were.
That's another conspiracy theory altogether.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:01     #19661
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Out of credit. Went to ring someone to say 'yo, get me some credit.' But yea, no credit.
You have to get someone to put credit on your phone?
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:02     #19662
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I feel old fashioned for having a mobile on an account.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:04     #19663
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
You have to get someone to put credit on your phone?
Nah, but its easier this way.

Still no credit.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:10     #19664
p01s0n

Quote:
Why the fuck do you have PIE on your number plate anyway?
A lot of people believe its because my nickname is pie.

In actual fact, its because the rims are dished like the kind you might cook a pie in.

I'm kidding
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:25     #19665
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
A lot of people believe its because my nickname is pie.
BUT WHY IS YOUR NICKNAME PIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Nah, but its easier this way.
Easier than what? Jumping naked off your bed onto a dildo nailed to the floor? Does your mum put credit on your phone?
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:27     #19666
p01s0n

Quote:
'caus poison pie.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:30     #19667
Thomas Meatball

wat?
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:30     #19668
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
I had/have a mate called Pie. *shrug*
Quote:
Easier than what? Jumping naked off your bed onto a dildo nailed to the floor?
Well, yes, even getting that set up ready is more difficult.
Quote:
Does your mum put credit on your phone?
Nah, be cool if she did though, may have to investigate that avenue.

Yea, i can multi-quote too.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:32     #19669
xor

I think Cynos and fixed truth are one and the same.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:46     #19670
Cynos

Quote:
You have this idea that the Baptists were actually providing that very thing. How do you know that's what they were capable of?
Because they bought a hotel on very short notice. Reasonable assumption is that they've got cash monies, which further infers the capacity to provide health services and education.

Quote:
There is no abrogation of the parental capacity of children
My bad, from your wording I inferred that you thought that the Haitian parents were passive in all of this. Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Quote:
that's some shit you just made up and decided must be my point of view.
Irony in 3... 2.. 1...

Quote:
You've eventually changed your mind and decided that the Baptists aren't actually adopting them.
When did I ever say the Baptists were adopting them? That's some shit you just made up and decided must be my point of view.

Quote:
the Baptists still had no actual right to take the children... ...It's still illegal. Hence the Baptists have been charged.
I agree. Have from the start. Remember that bit where I said that they were naive to do what they did?

Quote:
I'm not reaching a foregone conclusion here that they will be convicted of kidnapping. But what they're doing is far closer to kidnapping than it is to 'giving aid'.
You talk of avoiding emotive language and arguments but you don't see why I disagree with the usage of an emotionally loaded word like "kidnapper"? Kidnapper infers evil men in vans with no windows demanding ransoms, not well-intentioned but hilariously misguided corn-fed white bread missionaries.

The prime minister of Haiti continually uses that word for precisely that reason.

Last edited by Cynos : 3rd February 2010 at 17:47.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:47     #19671
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I think your Mum.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:13     #19672
p01s0n

Quote:
wat?
o g's know what it is
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:19     #19673
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
I feel old fashioned for having a mobile on an account.
Old farts unite!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:30     #19674
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Well you also think that Jesus Christ will return. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you now?

Kids, stay in school.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:59     #19675
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
o g's know what it is
I don't give a fuck what the cool kids know! FUCKEN TELL ME! Is it 'cos you eat lots of pies like a fatty?
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:26     #19676
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Well you also think that Jesus Christ will return.
Right now!
OK, we were wrong that time, we meant... now!
Oops, no, seriously this time, it's... now!

Life as a Seventh Day Adventist must be like being an All Blacks fan during a World Cup, just all the time.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:39     #19677
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Well you also think that Jesus Christ will return. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you now?

Kids, stay in school.
Ah the Jesus card. It's a good one. At least I don't try to convince other people of this. You on the other hand
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:52     #19678
SickBo@Work

Quote:
..... and education.
Indoctrination is what it's normally called.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:00     #19679
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBo@Work
Indoctrination is what it's normally called.
Yes, that's it, people who are religious are incapable of providing actual educations. That's why all the top schools in New Zealand are secular.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:19     #19680
xor

What about the secular schools like Aorere College? Mangere College? Coz, being secular automagically means you're of higher intelligence right?