NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 1st February 2008, 17:59     #1761
ZengE

People who disregard water restrictions while the rest of the neighborhood dries up around them.
Old 1st February 2008, 18:15     #1762
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZengE
People who disregard water restrictions while the rest of the neighborhood dries up around them.
Sodium on their lawn?
Old 1st February 2008, 18:54     #1763
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
cyclists.
Sitting at a roundabout just then, indicator clearly on left, had turned it on 3secs before I got to the roundabout. Gap in traffic about to go left when this cyclist ducks past the left of me and goes into the roundabout turning right.....
Whats wrong with going on the right of me like any other normal person.
i saw a driver almost take out an entire family cycling on the footpath. family wanted to cycle straight through. vehicle wanted to turn. although they both swore and cursed at each other while holding up a busy intersection i don't think any of them knew who was in the wrong
Old 1st February 2008, 18:57     #1764
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
a T intersection here in palmy.

South << T >> North
at the bottom is east

It's all simple enough... hopefully i can describe it here:
  • If your travelling from north to south you have a stop sign.
  • South to north you travel straight through, just taking care to merge with those turning right (from east) into north.
  • From north to east you enter a two laned road where you can usually enter your own lane with those travelling from south to east entering (usually) their own lane.
    Free turn from east to south, just taking care that those behind the stop sign from north have actually seen you.

The final one is the fun one: turning right from east into north. You're at a give way sign so you only give way to those turning right from south into east. Those at the stop sign wait for you, obviously. The idea here is to wait for a gap in the traffic heading from south to east and then go, then merge into a single lane with the south to north traffic. That's fine, so long as vehicles indicate what they're doing, and that your view isn't blocked by banked up traffic turning left from east to south waiting at another intersection just meters up the road. Then of course you need to check that someone at the stop sign doesn't just take off in front of you.

hope that makes sense
a couple of months after posting this i see that our council is installing lights at this intersection. someone must have been listening
Old 1st February 2008, 19:27     #1765
MadMax
Stuff

is the intersection. the vehicle which looks like a van or a ford transit crossing the stop sign is what i was referring to as southbound.

you can see how if you're sitting at "B" to turn right the truck and cued traffic making a right hand turn into the side street at the bottom left blocks your view of incoming traffic such as vehicle "A" and makes it harder to make the decision to move forward as vehicle "C" has already done. "C" either waits there and forces vehicle "A" to slow defensively or plants boot to cut in front. Vehicles that sit at "C" usually confuse the "merging" traffic.

under the bottom left and off-image, south of the car yard is ucol. the bottom right is a 4 laned road. try getting from the top right, making a left hand turn, past the white car parked in the tree shade across the lanes to then turn right into ucol.

Last edited by MadMax : 1st February 2008 at 19:31.
Old 1st February 2008, 19:56     #1766
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZengE
FUCK YES

My tomatoes are withering up into raisins while Joe Fuckwad down the street has garden sprinklers running. KILL.
Old 1st February 2008, 20:11     #1767
cyc
Objection!

Ricky Ponting

Could someone tell this ignorant, "I have an accent that sounds like I came from the ghetto" idiot to just fuck up? Your stupid teammate just got caught out by a highly qualified, independent judge for starting a spat and making an unsubstantiated claim of racial abuse.

No, I am sorry, I am wrong. Your cricket board and the lawyer they hired agreed that your dumb fucking teammate named Andrew Symonds used the word "fuck" at a player of the opposite team (and told him that he had no friends amongst your teammates) when he had the temerity to congratulate a teammate of yours for bowling a decent over. And now that the truth is out and people are correctly pointing out what a jackass Symonds is for starting the spat and then making accusations that were unproven in the eyes of someone way more qualified than yourself at determining the truth, you call this "character assasination"?

Seriously, is Cricket Australia nuts? No professional body that is not completely mickey mouse would for one moment tolerate behaviour of that nature from its top player.
Old 1st February 2008, 20:17     #1768
cyc
Objection!

It gets better and better

This all comes from the decision of Justice Hansen on the Harbahjan case.

Quote:
Mr Symonds appears to be saying that he finds it unacceptable that an opponent makes a gesture that recognises the skill of one of his own team mates. In the transcript he stated:
“MR MANOHAR: You had any objection to that patting on the back?
MR SYMONDS: Did I have an objection to it – my objection was that a test match is no place to be friendly with an opposition player, is my objection.”

If that is his view I hope it is not one shared by all international cricketers. It would be a sad day for cricket if it is.
So much for CA and the jackasses from the player's union going on about what role models the Australian players are.

Quote:
Mr Tendulkar said there was offensive words in Mr
Singh’s native tongue and he also heard abusive language in English between the two. Mr Hayden says he heard the words “big monkey” but could not recall for the court any other words that were said by either party. I remind myself that an honest witness remains a witness who may be mistaken. In my view there remains the possibility of a misunderstanding in this heated situation. As well it is not without significance that the Australian players maintain other than Mr Symonds that they did not hear any other words spoken only the ones that are said to be of significance to this hearing. This is a little surprising in the context where there was a reasonably
prolonged heated exchange. Indeed Mr Clarke went so far as to say that he did not hear Mr Symonds say anything. Given Mr Symonds’ own acceptance that he initiated the exchange and was abusive towards Mr Singh, that is surprising. This failure to identify any other words could be because some of what they were hearing was not in English.
For the uninitiated, this means "Some of you have no credibility. You either grouped up to fix someone up or heard only what you wanted to hear!"
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:33     #1769
Delphinus

I hate people ordering you to do stuff without actually knowing anything about what their talking about.
New flat, 1 other person already here, power bill comes in and its higher than she expects. We previously organised to pay 50% each.
She decides that its because i'm running 4 computers in the garage as servers, so she jumps on the transpower website, finds some dodgy average "computer use" multiplies it by 4 and then by 24hours and 30 days and thinks I should be paying $40 on top of half the power bill... I say no I'd like to find out for sure how much they use because they are low power machines and headless... she gets all pissed off and says I should move out... wtf?
So I get a good ol' $30 power meter from trickie dickie, and turns out all 4 servers use a total of 150w, which works out to be $14.40 a month... No its not the $40 you said because I used ACTUAL readings and proper calculations...
Happy to discuss options, but I hate being told what to do when you don't know shit.
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:41     #1770
dead goon

good work, you pwnd her good.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:34     #1771
CCS
Stunt Pants

Headbutt her in the vag.
Old 2nd February 2008, 03:53     #1772
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
The fact that there's no pies in London!
you useless cunt.

"Awesome Pies, a new pie shop selling New Zealand style pies in our Broadway, is a welcome novelty. The shop is beautifully clean and bright and the staff very friendly."

ealing broadway. get there now. the pies are awesome.
Old 2nd February 2008, 04:05     #1773
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
you useless cunt.

"Awesome Pies, a new pie shop selling New Zealand style pies in our Broadway, is a welcome novelty. The shop is beautifully clean and bright and the staff very friendly."

noted
Old 2nd February 2008, 06:09     #1774
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
you useless cunt.

I was told about that place today. But fuck man, that is ages away. I wanna be able to go to the local and get a steak and cheese!
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:14     #1775
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I would walk over my own mothers grave to have a pie
thats what i figured but, i'm getting mixed signals here!
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:55     #1776
Jamiepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Just moved to Palmy about 3 weeks ago and I live about 4 blocks from this intersection and the first time I arrived at it (where the transit is) I was confused as fuck. It seems easy enough on the picture but in heavy trafic at 5pm it took me a wee while to figure the whole thing out.
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:05     #1777
Jamiepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I was told about that place today. But fuck man, that is ages away. I wanna be able to go to the local and get a steak and cheese!

Go there and buy a couple dozen pies
take them home and freeze them
pull one out and heat it when you feel like it
?
Profit
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:25     #1778
BF Jax

People who live in another country and then post on internet boards that they can't get pies, beer, sushimi, whatever as good as 'back home'.

Fuck off back home then.

(Not directly at Xor, but yeah, I've been living in NZ for 6 years now and never complain about how shit some things are here - especially the kebabs) oops.
Old 2nd February 2008, 14:39     #1779
xor

It's a grind my gears thread fucktard. And it grinds my gears that I can't get a pie.

nuff said
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:30     #1780
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiepo
Just moved to Palmy about 3 weeks ago and I live about 4 blocks from this intersection and the first time I arrived at it (where the transit is) I was confused as fuck. It seems easy enough on the picture but in heavy trafic at 5pm it took me a wee while to figure the whole thing out.
i go through it at least 4 times a day. usually it works well as people wisely avoid it. problems occur when people sitting at B don't know what to do as they hold everything up. every now and then i get someone at the give-way craning their neck waiting for me to move when i'm on the stop sign. then along comes some more traffic that puts them on the edge of deciding whether to go or not

Last edited by MadMax : 2nd February 2008 at 15:31.
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:32     #1781
Markh

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Jax
how shit some things are here - especially the kebabs
Fuck off back home then.
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:33     #1782
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
It's a grind my gears thread fucktard. And it grinds my gears that I can't get a pie.

nuff said
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I would walk over my own mothers grave to have a pie
apparently unless that grave is anywhere near, or on the way to, ealing broadway.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:24     #1783
caffiend

Technical consultants who bitch and moan about how their sales account managers provide them with too much work that hasn't been costed properly.... when they had every chance to provide the estimate!

When you do the estimates, don't just look at the existing pool of sainted martyrs you have - TELL ME HOW MANY ADDITIONAL RESOURCES WE NEED AND I'LL FUCKING PRICE THEM INTO THE PROPOSAL!!

Jesus. It's not hard.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:25     #1784
Torka

Spectator sports.

I understand why people play sport. It's fun, it's social, it satisfies the urge for competition, it's excellent for physical fitness. Plenty of good reasons to play sport.

But for the life of me, I'll never understand the desire to watch other people playing sports on television. Zzz.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:44     #1785
MadMax
Stuff

because i like to see nz win stuff :P
Old 4th February 2008, 18:46     #1786
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Technical consultants who bitch and moan about how their sales account managers provide them with too much work that hasn't been costed properly.... when they had every chance to provide the estimate!

When you do the estimates, don't just look at the existing pool of sainted martyrs you have - TELL ME HOW MANY ADDITIONAL RESOURCES WE NEED AND I'LL FUCKING PRICE THEM INTO THE PROPOSAL!!

Jesus. It's not hard.
UNLESS the surveyor gives you the wrong fucking topo so you end up designing something using 1m of fill rather than 1.2m and then when it comes time to build the road thats 10km long, its going to cost more than you thought because it all fucking adds up.

YOU POINT A TELESCOPE AT A FUCKING MIRROR, its not hard, fuckers.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:56     #1787
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
But for the life of me, I'll never understand the desire to watch other people playing sports on television. Zzz.
Cricket... I'd rather watch paint dry. Sure the highlights are ok but the whole thing? Yeah right....

Although I'd happily watch some pro's play some good computer games.
Old 5th February 2008, 03:30     #1788
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That "some animal has crawled into the ceiling space above your kitchen and died and is now slowly undergoing a process of mummification in the South Australian heat" smell.
Old 5th February 2008, 03:58     #1789
TnT

^^
I totally sympathise man, that is terrible, and it takes forever for it to dissipate of it's own accord.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:46     #1790
StN
I have detailed files

Bloody MS fanboy staff that sign up for MS road shows and pay for it out of their own pocket - I have bloody training money budgeted for stuff like that! Now I have to work out how to reimburse him...
Old 5th February 2008, 09:54     #1791
ZoSo

Quote:
What's to understand. People like to entertain themselves with their interests. I take it you don't go to concerts, as you're a musician. And you don't go to movies, cause you're an actor.

Bizarre.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:56     #1792
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Bread and Circuses!
Old 5th February 2008, 09:57     #1793
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Bloody MS fanboy staff that sign up for MS road shows and pay for it out of their own pocket - I have bloody training money budgeted for stuff like that! Now I have to work out how to reimburse him...
noobs - why would you fork out your own cash on a microsoft road show.

PWND.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:09     #1794
Juju
get to da choppa

People that tailgate the last person in a line of slow traffic. I mean seriously, wtf is the point?
Old 5th February 2008, 10:17     #1795
hsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That "some animal has crawled into the ceiling space above your kitchen and died and is now slowly undergoing a process of mummification in the South Australian heat" smell.
Indeed. A rat which took the bait I laid in my ceiling got even by dying in the wall space between the kitchen and the lounge. I took an axe to the wall.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:56     #1796
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
What's to understand. People like to entertain themselves with their interests. I take it you don't go to concerts, as you're a musician. And you don't go to movies, cause you're an actor.

Bizarre.
Concerts and movies are crafted and performed with the specific goal of entertaining an audience. Sports (at least, the ones that inspired my post) are different.

Last edited by Torka : 5th February 2008 at 10:58.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:28     #1797
Delphinus

When emailing me a JPG image you do NOT need to put it in a word doc file...
Old 5th February 2008, 12:00     #1798
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
When emailing me a JPG image you do NOT need to put it in a word doc file...
lol! did that seriously happen?!

BWAHAHAHAHA!
Old 5th February 2008, 12:20     #1799
Baal

It happens all the time. There's a whole generation of people that only really know word and think that it's a great idea to send images this way.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:40     #1800
LordP

Yeah, if you've ever worked in helpdesk-like environments, you get that shit all the time.

In my current job, I've seen people upload images of their products embedded in a word doc too.

Last edited by LordP : 5th February 2008 at 12:41.