Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Technology & Troubleshooting
User Name
Password

Old 13th September 2012, 12:32     #11161
aR Que

Wait... apples now selling corollas?
Old 13th September 2012, 12:33     #11162
Baal

The new iPhone doesn't seem very exciting to me.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:39     #11163
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Doesn't seem exciting to me either. I don't want exciting, I want make my life easier.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:41     #11164
p01s0n

pretty sold on iPhone5, looks like it owns.
Dunno about letterboxing legacy apps though, seems kind of hackish/lazy way of going about it but 16:9 is fucking gay anyway so i guess iOS guys had to work with what they were given.

Other than that, looks great all round, thin, fast. $0 ip4 and $99 4s as expected.

I'll buy one to replace my ip4, but not before getting a retina mbp to replace my c2d macbook.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:49     #11165
p01s0n

also lol the wailing and complaining from nerds about the ip5's everything is the best breakfast i could wish for
Old 13th September 2012, 12:52     #11166
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Doesn't seem exciting to me either. I don't want exciting, I want make my life easier.
I'm going to get a Note II I think, it'll make my life easier and won't be boring.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:53     #11167
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Look, can we all just agree that the iPhone 5 is a huge disappointment?

Just like the iPhone 4S. Before it went on to become the biggest-selling electronics device in history, selling more than every previous iPhone iteration combined, I mean.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:54     #11168
xor

Where the fuck is pie?
Old 13th September 2012, 12:55     #11169
p01s0n

3 posts up?
Old 13th September 2012, 12:57     #11170
Spink

only people complaining about iphone5 are poors and androidailures so who cares about their opinions anyway
Old 13th September 2012, 13:01     #11171
Torka

if sales and ubiquity are the way to measure quality, does that mean McDonalds is fine dining
Old 13th September 2012, 13:03     #11172
xor

You know what you're getting when you order it?
Old 13th September 2012, 13:13     #11173
Torka

justin bieber, indisputably the greatest musician of the 21st century
Old 13th September 2012, 13:19     #11174
xor

Look at this phaggot, loves Justin Bieber.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:32     #11175
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Ain't broke, don't fix, etc.
Kinda hate that saying. It's like saying beige works, so let's stick with that.

Apple is the new beige.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:37     #11176
xor

tbh I'm very happy with what I've read about the iphone5. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:39     #11177
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
I'm going to get a Note II I think, it'll make my life easier and won't be boring.
Except for having to hire the sherpa to carry the behemoth around with you.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:40     #11178
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Kinda hate that saying. It's like saying beige works, so let's stick with that.

Apple is the new beige.
Lol u just mad cause you spent good money on a cheap plasticy toy and now everyone else is gonna have milled Aluminium perfection.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:41     #11179
Furry Crew

I was 1/2 expecting Hologram Stevie to present the new iPhone.....

on a more relevant note.....now that Sammy and HTC has unleashed the LTE patent lawyers....what's the odds of the iPhone 5 making it's release date without a US injunction.

Old 13th September 2012, 13:43     #11180
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
How about commenting on the presentation that actually got made, rather than the one that exists in your mind?
That could be a presentation about anything (heck there's even a ...I don't know what it is...a speedo?, WTH!?). What I'm saying is - it's a focus on power. Apple were about having a balance between form and function. In a consumer electronic device - purely function bores the HECK out of a lot of people.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:43     #11181
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Crew
what's the odds of the iPhone 5 making it's release date without a US injunction.
100%
Old 13th September 2012, 13:50     #11182
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Lol u just mad cause you spent good money on a cheap plasticy toy and now everyone else is gonna have milled Aluminium perfection.
I really don't give two shits. Can I text with my phone? Yes. Can I make a call? Yes.

Sorted.

Don't come in swinging your dick around because people don't have the latest Batman lunchbox at play time.

Your immaturity is just astounding.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:00     #11183
Spink

Quote:
I really don't give two shits. Can I text with my phone? Yes. Can I make a call? Yes.

Sorted.
So in essence if it aint broke don't fix it?
Old 13th September 2012, 14:01     #11184
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
That could be a presentation about anything (heck there's even a ...I don't know what it is...a speedo?, WTH!?). What I'm saying is - it's a focus on power. Apple were about having a balance between form and function. In a consumer electronic device - purely function bores the HECK out of a lot of people.
Exactly. Which is why Schiller didn't talk about gigahertz or calculations per second or processor architectures or any of that other shit that, in your imaginary world, he talked lots about. He said "this thing is fucking awesome, how awesome? It'll do these things twice as fast as our previous top of the line phone". He talked about how that speed will be experienced by people.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:02     #11185
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
the biggest-selling electronics device in history, selling more than every previous iPhone iteration combined
Yeah that's the killer feature I'm looking for in a smart phone, for real.

Next phone I buy, a 'must have' will be the promise that the company that makes the phone will make more money out of it than their competitors latest products.

Fuck yeah, I want some of that! Where can I buy one?!
Old 13th September 2012, 14:02     #11186
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 13th September 2012, 14:04     #11187
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Wait. What? Weren't you saying earlier in this thread it'd be liquid metal and bounce? I am disappoint.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:06     #11188
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
if sales and ubiquity are the way to measure quality, does that mean McDonalds is fine dining
Sales? No child, it's profits that you should measure. If you do this in future you'll not make another McDnald's mistake.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:08     #11189
Torka

that sure was a golden teapot post
Old 13th September 2012, 14:10     #11190
p01s0n

Quote:

Sorted.

Don't come in swinging your dick around because people don't have the latest Batman lunchbox at play time.

Your immaturity is just astounding.
shh no tears, only dreams now
Old 13th September 2012, 14:16     #11191
spigalau

Lightning = USB2.0

Quote:
This USB 2.0 cable connects your iPhone or iPod with Lightning connector to your computer's USB port for syncing and charging or to the Apple USB Power Adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:17     #11192
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Yeah that's the killer feature I'm looking for in a smart phone, for real.
Unless you're a young woman or earn more than $100k then you're not the core market for Apple. If Apple products do not appeal to you then that's because Apple does not care about you - they care about making great products for people who want such things.

And, that demographic I quote does represent the biggest segment for Apple in the Australian market. Clearly it's not everyone but it is a very big segment all the same.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:27     #11193
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Unless you're a young woman or earn more than $100k then you're not the core market for Apple. If Apple products do not appeal to you then that's because Apple does not care about you - they care about making great products for people who want such things.

And, that demographic I quote does represent the biggest segment for Apple in the Australian market. Clearly it's not everyone but it is a very big segment all the same.
The only thing that doesnt 'appeal' to me is its general lack of personalisation.

I'm sure there will be plenty of +100k salaried and young women that don't need that though and they will sell plenty of them.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:34     #11194
Torka

apple stuff is pretty nice and if I was in the market for a smartphone I'd most likely go with an iphone

it's just fun being smug about the bad posting that goes on in these threads

at the moment for example there's some really strange doublethink going on itt where people crow about the enormous popularity of apple's products while at the same time implying coolness stemming from exclusivity

either they're super stylish and desirable because only ubermensch buy them or everybody has one, it can't be both at the same time
Old 13th September 2012, 14:39     #11195
xor

Real life scenario

We use both Iphone and Android phones at the place I work. Unfortunately there are some senior management that have a preference to use Android over Iphones. I would say that 90% of the problems that come from smartphone users are from the Android flavour.

Most reputable IT janitors would recommend the Iphone over any other smartphone device.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:46     #11196
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

that could be elaborated on. problems being incompatibilities between android devices and the apple services your network hosts?
Old 13th September 2012, 14:50     #11197
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
The only thing that doesnt 'appeal' to me is its general lack of personalisation.
Discuss?
Old 13th September 2012, 14:52     #11198
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
that could be elaborated on. problems being incompatibilities between android devices and the apple services your network hosts?
I host Microsoft services on both, and yet it's the Android ones that have the problems. Never had a problem with the 80+ iOS devices we've pushed out, but I'm still getting almost daily issues with the remaining Androids.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:55     #11199
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Except for having to hire the sherpa to carry the behemoth around with you.
I don't wear skinny jeans so I'm not concerned there.

My usage currently is something like 10% calls/texts and everything else screen related, games, reading, browsing. Stuff that really needs a larger screen. I could get a Nexus 7 and have two devices to carry everywhere or I could get the Note 2 and be done with it.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:56     #11200
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Discuss?
Short discussion!