NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd June 2012, 03:52     #9761
TnT

The photo I just took. What grinds my gears is having to download 700 odd meg of updates, so I can edit it
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:52     #9762
p01s0n

700mb of updates to get something done aye...
u running windows, bro?
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:45     #9763
Nich

on the flip side, I just installed osx snow leopard to new harddrive, used migration assistant to get all my data across. All is fine and peachy and exactly how i left it. Except Safari now crashes on webpage forms if i press space or backspace; skype doesnt work at all. I suspect I need to install the 1.3Gb OSX update, or run some uninstaller software to "really" get back to normal, but because I am on crappy expensive prepaid internet I don't really want to do that.
Old 2nd June 2012, 13:14     #9764
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
700mb of updates to get something done aye...
u running windows, bro?
Yes that was for windows, the mac it was only 450mb, oh yeah it was a Lightroom update, I kinda needed the 5D MKIII update

Old 2nd June 2012, 20:14     #9765
xor

Just made a steak and blue cheese pasty. Fucking win
Old 4th June 2012, 19:20     #9766
chiQ
Frag-muff

After a year of renting it will be great to have a home again. I just can't think of a rental as home any more, and this particular rental, while awesome for what it is, is TINY. I can't wait to run Heikki in my new apartment for the first time. He's going to go nuts.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:58     #9767
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
It's reaching a point where if Panic releases something, I buy it.
Coda 2 came out, and in accordance with the policy stated above, I bought it.

It's nowhere near Panic's usual standard. I asked for a refund
Old 9th June 2012, 18:02     #9768
chiQ
Frag-muff

Aaaaand, I'm home.

Awesome place. Nicer than I remember it being when I viewed it before buying. Happy. Tired. Sore as hell. Covered in bruises.

Even the fact that the bed company failed to ship the centre beam of my new bed frame with the rest of the parts doesn't cause the slightest grind, because I HAS PLACE!!!!! w00!

happy happy happy happy...

so happy
Old 9th June 2012, 19:17     #9769
crocos

Bunny vids?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th June 2012, 19:42     #9770
CCS
Stunt Pants

So chiq, when are you having me over? I can bring GI Joes.
Old 10th June 2012, 19:21     #9771
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Bunny vids?
No bunny vids. I have a photo of him sunbathing in his cage. He lives by the door out to the balcony, so during the morning half of his cage is in full sun. He loves it.

CCS: Any time you like.
Old 10th June 2012, 23:54     #9772
CCS
Stunt Pants

Do you think bunny will like to give rides to GI Joe?
Old 11th June 2012, 11:16     #9773
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Do you think bunny will like to give rides to GI Joe?
Old 13th June 2012, 17:38     #9774
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lolling. Got a little saddle? Joe don't like to go bareback.
Old 13th June 2012, 18:28     #9775
fixed_truth

Day off tomorrow. Beers. Origin game tonight gonna be mean. Go the Blues.

Old 14th June 2012, 11:13     #9776
chiQ
Frag-muff

Last night I slept in my bed, in my bedroom, for the first time since March last year. It was awesome. I've been living in a tiny little studio cottage, sleeping on a couch, and before that camping out with some friends in their spare room. Having a bedroom and a bed in my own home again is HEAVEN!
Old 15th June 2012, 10:37     #9777
aR Que

At work, everyone is on holiday, or some shit (guess i missed the memo), cranking ava adore.

I forgot how much the pumpkins rock my socks
Old 15th June 2012, 11:31     #9778
xor

Maybe you should write a review and create a thread about it.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:45     #9779
Baal

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I CANNOT UNSEE CAT NICHOLAS CAGE

Old 16th June 2012, 12:18     #9780
StN
I have detailed files

Finally they got a shipment of Gees Linctus in at the chemist. Now I can finally get rid of this lurgie with anit-bots, steroids and the cough mixture that grannies claim tastes like Gin and Whiskey (buy actually contains opium...)

There is light at the end of this tunnel.

/sipping it out of a Southern Comfort shot glass is probably going a bit far, but you know.
Old 16th June 2012, 12:19     #9781
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
(but actually contains opium...)

Quote:
There is light at the end of this tunnel.

hmmm.... might want to cut back the dosage
Old 18th June 2012, 17:39     #9782
xor

Man, reading those mad comments about IT support makes me grateful I have a choice as job as an IT janitor. Especially since they gave me free ipad2/iphone combro's and are now sending me to audlhouse to level up on some MS, Citrix, ITIL and Cisco certs. The users are all very cool nice to deal with too I R happy baboon
Old 19th June 2012, 22:14     #9783
[Malks] Pixie

Grant Morrison (author of The Invisibles and Doom Patrol amongst others) just got given a MBE! I'm guessing the Queen has never actually read The Invisibles though :-)

Irony ++ in that good sorta way!

Pixie
Old 20th June 2012, 00:17     #9784
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Grant Morrison (author of The Invisibles and Doom Patrol amongst others) just got given a MBE! I'm guessing the Queen has never actually read The Invisibles though :-)

Irony ++ in that good sorta way!

Pixie
Haha! Was he honored for Services to Taking a fuckload of Drugs, Wigging the fuck out and managing to Write it all down for a comic script?

Also, what about Warren Ellis :/. (Alan Moore would just say no. Loudly, with lots of swearing).
Old 20th June 2012, 09:40     #9785
leadinjector

my gf talks in her sleep a lot. last night she was talking about zerglings and how you cant wall them off.

not sure why but that oils my gears
Old 20th June 2012, 10:33     #9786
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
my gf talks in her sleep a lot. last night she was talking about zerglings and how you cant wall them off.

not sure why but that oils my gears
Of course you're sure why. It means she's one of us, which is cool...ish. Maybe.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:35     #9787
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
which is cool.
till she beats you.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:39     #9788
chiQ
Frag-muff

Nah, that's even cooler.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:48     #9789
leadinjector

na i fuck her shit up at sc2. she cant touch this
Old 20th June 2012, 11:23     #9790
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Haha! Was he honored for Services to Taking a fuckload of Drugs, Wigging the fuck out and managing to Write it all down for a comic script?

Also, what about Warren Ellis :/. (Alan Moore would just say no. Loudly, with lots of swearing).
I used to think that about The Invisibles until I started actually looking into some of the stuff he talks about surround reality, identity and ideology and realised that if he managed to get it all out whilst smashed on drugs it would be amazing to see what he could do without them :-)

Moore wouldn't say anything at all, he'd just hide his face under his hat and pretend that he didn't exist (which isn't a bad approach in of itself).

Pixie
Old 20th June 2012, 13:08     #9791
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

As has been previously noted, I dig talking about space and shit with the boy (and now the girl too).

Up nice and early this morning, clear country skies with fuckall light pollution and Jupiter and Venus were blazing over the eastern skyline as it started lighting up for dawn.

Thought to myself "hey this'll trip him out" since we've been doing a bit of a solar-system thing lately.

"Hey Marshall, come and check this out!"

"What?"

"Here, look out the window. What do you think that is? (Bahahaha he's gonna say 'some stars' and I'll say 'no they're planets and guess which ones' and then I can follow up with some solar system shit and trip him the fuck out)"

"That's... Jupiter and Venus."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich 2 years ago
man, you got all Neil Degrasse Tyson on your boy
The worm turns.
Old 20th June 2012, 13:25     #9792
LordP

Awesome
Old 20th June 2012, 14:14     #9793
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

The kids were arguing over the location of Orion the other night - so pulled out the smartphone and fired up Google Sky map... Orion was just below our horizon at the time... but then I noticed a crocos^H^H^H^H^Hdad joke opportunity...

phone was pointing downwards and in the middle of the screen was another notable gas giant (other than Jupiter), and what did I say? "Oh look - down there is Uranus"
Old 20th June 2012, 14:34     #9794
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'd be very impressed if you had naked-eye visibility of Uranus from anywhere near a populated area!
Old 20th June 2012, 15:08     #9795
A Corpse
talkative lurker

That'll get you arrested.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:46     #9796
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Freaked out about getting a new job - working full time, new systems, potentially out of my depth, etc... it's awesome! Have ended up working with touch screen Linux kiosks, for a business which has a heavy dependence on statistics :> What are the chances?

Blocking the NZGames banner at the top of the page has oiled my gears :P
Old 20th June 2012, 17:52     #9797
p01s0n

lol if you work anywhere where people care about what you look at on the internet to the point that you have to shamefully hide it
Old 20th June 2012, 18:02     #9798
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Better to be safe than p01s0n
Old 20th June 2012, 19:40     #9799
[WanG] Wandarah

Welly on a Plate - Burger competition starting up again.

Great and endless doom! Gears quite literally oiled.
Old 21st June 2012, 11:31     #9800
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

After weeks of trying, finally came first in our local pub quiz...