SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
You're an animal - GRAAAH!
/austin powers
yeah baby YEAH!
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:39     #842
dead goon

Cuffs & Collar in Melbourne having 30 - 50% off everything in store.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:19     #843
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

Watching season 4 and 5 of entourage pretty much back to back. Brilliant show, many lol's had.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:32     #844
Hurtuso

got this rottie listening to met at last. Silly doofer. Previously she would go anything if given the chance. The owner didn't quite give me an indication of how trained she really was. After playing catch for awhile she would just flip out, drop the ball and rush any group that took her fancy. Very scary. After getting her more accustomed to 'other lifeforms', getting a better sense of intruders & giving her some more command training things are a lot more pleasant. Think I prefer cats though.
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:45     #845
chiQ
Frag-muff

Finding out that my car isn't sick and therefore off the road for satan only knows how long, but rather the spare key for it is not chipped for my immobiliser.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:08     #846
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Oil for tonight. Looking like a good husband to my wife by defrosting the freezer. It'd been bugging me, and it seemed the perfect chore to do in this heat.

Bonus: eating the frozen appelmoes I found inside, it's like fruit icecream.
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:36     #847
Bent

Home made hot pot with 5 kinds of mushrooms, pork balls, lotus root, chinese cabbage and dried bean curd. It's so good, even in the tropics.
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:41     #848
DRa1N

doing coke
Old 3rd January 2009, 10:21     #849
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Bonus: eating the frozen appelmoes I found inside, it's like fruit icecream.
Heh - making my own berry and fruit icecream (without icecream machine) oils my gears. So incredibly simply but so much tastier than the commercial brands (not quite the same consistency though).

Cheesy video of the recipe - can use any fruit or berries though - I've done strawberry and boysenberry. Just so simply and so yummy!

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...4-0b4f91b7a130

Pixie
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:05     #850
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

OMG: Terry Pratchett knighted
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:58     #851
A Corpse
talkative lurker

For services to Luggage and Magic?
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:25     #852
chiQ
Frag-muff

w00t! I totally endorse this knighthood

He's bringeded me so much happy ober the years.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:53     #853
Asriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Yeah, but your writing would probably look like this:
It wouldn't be much different from my regular writing

Ritalin: Many lols from my gf and I She wasn't too keen though.
Old 4th January 2009, 17:04     #854
chiQ
Frag-muff

Finally making a date to see eff tee, who I don't think I've seen since November. Sorry eff tee!
Old 4th January 2009, 17:07     #855
leadinjector

decided im going to learn salsa first class tomorrow!
Old 4th January 2009, 17:48     #856
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
decided im going to learn salsa first class tomorrow!
it's good fun, pretty easy too. girls will love you
Old 4th January 2009, 17:51     #857
flic
Dee Hast Mish

1,2,3 - 5,6,7

Nuthin to it !
Old 5th January 2009, 00:24     #858
tilde

be prepared for women:men ratio of at least 2:1, if not more.

bonus++ if you dance without ur shirt on lol.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:38     #859
CCS
Stunt Pants

Don't encourage him :/
Old 5th January 2009, 04:02     #860
Omegakai

"Research groups tell us a lot of interesting things, and Nielsen has begun the new year with some unexpected news from 2008. With other reports fussing over the three “next-gen” consoles, who would have thought that Sony’s PlayStation 2 would win the popularity contest? Based on data gathered between January and October 2008, Nielsen has determined that 31.7 percent of the American gamer pool was comprised of PS2 users. The Xbox 360 comes in second with 17.2 percent, followed by the Wii at 13.4 percent.

Furthermore, the research data showed the original Xbox hanging on at 9.7 percent, as the PlayStation 3 sits at 7.3 percent. Nintendo’s GameCube falls below that at 4.6 percent, leaving 16.2 percent in the “Other” category, which consists of “any other console found in the home.” This doesn’t include portable platforms on the DS or PSP. Even more impressive data from Nielsen is the fact that World of Warcraft (WoW) users average 671 minutes (over 11 hours) per week! In any given minute, “almost 1 percent (0.723 percent) of all PC gamers are playing WoW.”

Source: Cnet, Afterdawn

this infomation makes me lawl inside.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:02     #861
Gentl e

And just to compliment that for the NZ market:

Code:
Brand Of Games Machine by Nothing Total % [Base] Games Mac In HHd/Not Spec 1,605,000 Nintendo 64 61,000 4% Nintendo DS 134,000 8% Nintendo Wii 44,000 3% Nintendo Gameboy 126,000 8% Nintendo Other 22,000 1% PSP Portable 155,000 10% Sony Playstation/PS One 259,000 16% Playstation 2 915,000 57% PS3 (Playstation 3) 81,000 5% Xbox 278,000 17% Xbox 360 140,000 9% Other 48,000 3% Not Specified 35,000 2%
Source: Nielsen Media Research Q4 2007 - Q3 2008 All People

Last edited by Gentl e : 5th January 2009 at 10:04.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:30     #862
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegakai
Based on data gathered between January and October 2008, Nielsen has determined that 31.7 percent of the American gamer pool was comprised of PS2 users. The Xbox 360 comes in second with 17.2 percent, followed by the Wii at 13.4 percent.
Gamer pool - sure, but in sales the Xbox 360 has sold plenty. It is just that most of them have broken so the gamers can't use them.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:51     #863
doppelgänger of someone

Source: http://www.nielsen.com/media/toptens_games.html

It just clicked. The PS2 figure isn't that surprising, because PS2s are still selling healthy (occasionally outselling PS3, hohoho), and a lot of new games still come in PS2 flavour, so you expect them to be played still. But the other figures are so out of wack it is not funny. Wii has been outselling 360 like forever, but the play time is below 360? wtf? And gamecube still got 4.4 percent? wtf? Are people playing Mario, Zelda and RE over and over again on Gamecube?
Old 5th January 2009, 12:55     #864
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Gamer pool - sure, but in sales the Xbox 360 has sold plenty. It is just that most of them have broken so the gamers can't use them.
Actually, they're measuring usage minutes, so people with broken consoles wouldn't be counted :P
Old 5th January 2009, 12:57     #865
StN
I have detailed files

Yeah - PS2 is a throw away item now - I got the girl one for her bedroom just to try and keep singstar out of the lounge.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:06     #866
Gentl e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
I've got usage figures per week by each console for NZ if you're interested.
Old 5th January 2009, 22:31     #867
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentl e
I've got usage figures per week by each console for NZ if you're interested.
I am...
It's always interesting to see how badly the ps3 is doing against.. everything.

(haha take that sony.. teach you to come in and take over the industry with your flashy advertising campaigns when everyone knows sega and nintendo is better.

...sometimes, I miss the mid 90's :/)
Old 6th January 2009, 10:15     #868
Gentl e

I've just done xbox360 v PS3 age range and time spent playing per week - I'll put up some attitudinal statements as well shortly.

Old 6th January 2009, 10:23     #869
Gentl e

Some interesting differences there:

Code:
Attitudinal Statements (Agree) by Brand Of Games Machine PS3 Xbox 360 Law Should Be Toughr On Law Breakers 79% 72% Success Is Very Important To Me 77% 75% Exercise Regularly To Keep Fit 61% 56% Marijuana Should Be Legal 16% 20% I Get Raw Deal From Life 12% 9% Woman Should Have Career 56% 56% Find It Hard To Make Ends Meet 29% 28% As A Family Spend Time Together 71% 69% Avoid Foods That Are Unhealthy 49% 44% Mostly Buy Well Known Brands 42% 43% Attracted To New Ideas 67% 68% Racial Probs In NZ Getting Worse 53% 46% Easy To Deal With Money Matters 57% 54% Often Feel Quite Lonely 12% 9% Like To Try New Household Prodts 40% 41% Buy H/Hold Procts Won't Pollute 44% 47% Women Get Fair Go In NZ 60% 65% Everything In NZ Changng Too Fst 34% 25% People Tke My Opinions Seriously 53% 55% Shop A Lot For Specials & Bargin 63% 56% NZ Should Keep Its Maori Culture 70% 68% Don't Know Who To Trust These Dys 38% 37%
Xbox 360 owners are 32% more likely to agree that Marijuana should be legal than the general population.

12% of PS3 owners often feel quite lonely... they're 29% more likely to agree to this statment than the general population.

So, xbox360 owners are stoners, and PS3 owners are loners

Source: Nielsen Media Research
Old 6th January 2009, 11:05     #870
MadMax
Stuff

i can remember the end of the sega msII age - games that once cost $100 or more (i think populous was $120?) suddenly being sold for $5 at the warehouse.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:08     #871
QWERTY?

what kind of margin of error is there, because most of those numbers a very close (within 1-5%)

I would imagine you'd get almost similar results from the general non-consoled population.

dumb survey imo.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:13     #872
leadinjector

what oils my gears? the other day i was chatting to a girl, and she was going on about the 1-10 scale and asking me to judge girls who walk past. i told her i didnt use that, i used the 1-2-3 scale. when she asked me about it i said

"its quite simple. 1 means no. 2 means if i was drunk, 3 means yes. you can occasionally add in a 4 for a HELL yes. like that brazilian girl there"

i dont know why women get surprised by guys saying that kind of thing, if she hadnt figured that out after being on this planet for 20 years theres not much hope for her
Old 6th January 2009, 11:17     #873
Gentl e

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
what kind of margin of error is there, because most of those numbers a very close (within 1-5%)

I would imagine you'd get almost similar results from the general non-consoled population.

dumb survey imo.
Yeah a couple of the sample sizes for some the variables (about 4 of them) are very low (20ish). The rest have a sample size larger than 100 so the margin of error at that level is 4.3% and they vary upwards to about 300 which about 2.5%.

No you wouldn't depending on the age range / lifestage etc of the demographic you're profiling.

The survey itself is about the best indicator you can get in NZ apart from the census, and they don't have any gaming information in that so, yeah. Total sample size is about 11,000 New Zealanders on a 1 year rolling survey.

Last edited by Gentl e : 6th January 2009 at 11:18.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:18     #874
MadMax
Stuff

and what's with the age range graph - in 80+years you have zero and it's graphed as zero, but then you have a zero in the 75-79 range for the xbox which is graphed as a 1, then further along you have a graphed 1 being twice the height of others yet half a 2... and other anomalies. looks like both the graph and the numbers have been rounded off in a different manner.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:20     #875
Gentl e

The survey has been weighted to the NZ census so that's why it's never absolutely bang on - but then it's a survey, not a census.
Old 6th January 2009, 19:52     #876
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentl e
Woman Should Have Career 56% 56%
Break that down for me. Slightly less than half of all gamers think women should stay in the kitchen
Old 6th January 2009, 20:41     #877
Sp0nge

Quote:
"its quite simple. 1 means no. 2 means if i was drunk, 3 means yes. you can occasionally add in a 4 for a HELL yes. like that brazilian girl there"
tell the truth:
if you were drunk, theyre all a 3.
Old 7th January 2009, 00:10     #878
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Break that down for me. Slightly less than half of all gamers think women should stay in the kitchen
that does seem quite odd... i dont get why anyone would want a woman who doesnt earn any fucking money
Old 7th January 2009, 01:14     #879
eff tee

Quote:
that does seem quite odd... i dont get why anyone would want a woman who doesnt earn any fucking money
Nice
Old 7th January 2009, 03:04     #880
Hurtuso

Clint Eastwood FTW! he's got another couple of movies out, yay. One called 'Gran Torino' which looks very cool. Probably not worth watching the trailers as it looks like a rather simple story. He's consistently awesome.