NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Gaming Forum
User Name
Password

Old 12th April 2011, 22:17     #801
TB

Sliode just wanted to make sure the data didnt go anywhere is all so people (read Sliode) can get copies to use locally etc.
Old 13th April 2011, 08:17     #802
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Yeah the server's still there, just shut down at the moment (since pretty much everyone using it went to WMS)
it'll be out of date now as a multiplayer server, because of the mods on it.... yes?
Put it up on an FTP/HTTP server for us to tool around in SP.

As for WMS - seeing more and more people on it.... I mean, the other night there was me and 3 others!!!! WOAH!!!!!
Old 13th April 2011, 19:23     #803
mpx

I was chilling out making a pool out the front of my pad when suddenly I saw a wolf, roar! I tamed it, then I saw two more, I tamed them too! Now I have a wolf pack outside my pad. Big pimping.
Old 13th April 2011, 20:46     #804
mpx

9 wolves in my wolf pack
Old 13th April 2011, 21:42     #805
Lightspeed

I wonder what the max is...
Old 14th April 2011, 08:13     #806
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

1.5 next week
Old 14th April 2011, 10:53     #807
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I wonder what the max is...
Notch said no hard limit.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th April 2011, 11:28     #808
mpx

I've made a modest little courtyard for my pad now, with my nine wolves sitting pretty next to the pool. More people need to rejoin and play again!
Old 14th April 2011, 12:46     #809
crocos

This got a cheap laugh.

Old 14th April 2011, 13:27     #810
Skanks
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

I logged in to play last week. Then Rince lagged me off the server

I currrently have a tiny little stone cage around me which I built when I realised I was in the middle of nowhere and it was night fall.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:39     #811
Lightspeed

I jumped on the server, wandered around a bit (some epic constructs!) and then headed off into the distance to find a patch o' land to do my thing.

Noob question, but I'm just wondering, what's the deal with spawn points? Can this be changed? It'd kind kill it if I had to walk miles to my spot every time I die.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:58     #812
*seldom

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I jumped on the server, wandered around a bit (some epic constructs!) and then headed off into the distance to find a patch o' land to do my thing.

Noob question, but I'm just wondering, what's the deal with spawn points? Can this be changed? It'd kind kill it if I had to walk miles to my spot every time I die.
Your spawn point is the last bed you slept in. It's pretty rare that anyone dies though, I think.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:17     #813
TB

Bed spawns only last till the bed is destroyed, thankfuly
Old 15th April 2011, 10:46     #814
PsyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by *seldom
Your spawn point is the last bed you slept in. It's pretty rare that anyone dies though, I think.
You obviously don't go exploring enough .
Old 15th April 2011, 10:57     #815
*seldom

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyK
You obviously don't go exploring enough .
My 400 diamond says otherwise!

With a bucket of water and a diamond sword, one is fairly death-proof.
Old 15th April 2011, 22:32     #816
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

bah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by notch
You know how you can climb ladders with gaps? Yeah, not in 1.5.
Old 15th April 2011, 22:43     #817
mpx

Well, that's stupid
Old 18th April 2011, 23:25     #818
Menace

A quick render of our (Crankshaw, Farmer Joe and me), home spawn area

Rendered in Blender, level mesh exported using mcobj. Only block geom and basic textures.
Old 18th April 2011, 23:59     #819
Sam

Very cool
Old 19th April 2011, 02:08     #820
Sam

Just had a play around with mcobj and blender... how did you get the textures and pretty water? Mine aren't textured at all (bearing in mind here I know nothing at all about blender )
Old 19th April 2011, 12:37     #821
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

ooooh - does that mean we might get a new render soon?
Old 19th April 2011, 12:55     #822
IkeKrull

Minecraft renderings

I don't post on NZGames a lot (ok, i've probably posted once in the last ten years) but i've done some work on minecraft level conversion and rendering.

I was working on a level converter for Sauerbraten, which sort of turned into an OBJ exporter as well, and more recently I am working on a realtime renderer.

Unfortunately none of the released versions function due to the map format changes, but a new version should be forthcoming in the near future, So if you have a Mac (unfortunately it's mac only) you will be able to export your minecraft world with textures and 'extra' objects e.g. torches, stairs etc.

The minecraft forum thread is here (its long and contains various pretty pictures):

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=42602

and heres some recent work on the realtime renderer (its running slow due to the fact i havent even tried to optimise it yet)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sp4rklem.../0/dQiZ9mZn90c

In other interesting trivia, it seems Wellington is minecraft-renderer/exporter central as both myself and quag (mcobj author) live here.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:21     #823
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Just had a play around with mcobj and blender... how did you get the textures and pretty water? Mine aren't textured at all (bearing in mind here I know nothing at all about blender )
I just created some quick procedural materials in Blender. It's a bit fiddly if you haven't used Blender before, but I could post the .blend file if you like.

Nice work IkeKrull, but I'm on pc

Hopefully quag adds some extra object support.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:23     #824
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeKrull
I don't post on NZGames a lot (ok, i've probably posted once in the last ten years) but i've done some work on minecraft level conversion and rendering.

I was working on a level converter for Sauerbraten, which sort of turned into an OBJ exporter as well, and more recently I am working on a realtime renderer.

Unfortunately none of the released versions function due to the map format changes, but a new version should be forthcoming in the near future, So if you have a Mac (unfortunately it's mac only) you will be able to export your minecraft world with textures and 'extra' objects e.g. torches, stairs etc.

The minecraft forum thread is here (its long and contains various pretty pictures):

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=42602

and heres some recent work on the realtime renderer (its running slow due to the fact i havent even tried to optimise it yet)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sp4rklem.../0/dQiZ9mZn90c

In other interesting trivia, it seems Wellington is minecraft-renderer/exporter central as both myself and quag (mcobj author) live here.
good lord - it's the less spotted IkeKrull!!!
Old 19th April 2011, 18:02     #825
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
I just created some quick procedural materials in Blender. It's a bit fiddly if you haven't used Blender before, but I could post the .blend file if you like.

Nice work IkeKrull, but I'm on pc

Hopefully quag adds some extra object support.
If you could that'd be awesome - would I load that, then import my obj file in and everything would come up textured?
Old 19th April 2011, 22:23     #826
IkeKrull

Rince> good lord - it's the less spotted IkeKrull!!!

Yeah, I stlll frequent the seedier districts of wellington from time to time. Actually, i'm kind of surprised I haven't seen you there...
Old 19th April 2011, 22:35     #827
Scumbag
Crouching Styles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeKrull
Rince> good lord - it's the less spotted IkeKrull!!!

Yeah, I stlll frequent the seedier districts of wellington from time to time. Actually, i'm kind of surprised I haven't seen you there...
Would you believe Rince is a changed man?

Neither do I.
Old 19th April 2011, 23:50     #828
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
If you could that'd be awesome - would I load that, then import my obj file in and everything would come up textured?
Hmm, I can't seem to get Blender to import an .obj and using pre-existing materials.

I can link you the file, but you'll have to re-map the materials :\
Old 20th April 2011, 07:37     #829
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbag
Would you believe Rince is a changed man?

Neither do I.
bah!
married with children, I tells ya!!
Old 20th April 2011, 08:45     #830
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4746701...s-on-this-blog
1.5 is out. Server needs an update too.
* Weather (rain, snow, thunder)
* Statistics
* Achievements
* Detector rail
* Booster rail
* Performance improvements
Old 21st April 2011, 02:32     #831
Sam

Server updated (sorry about the delay, Portal 2 came out )
Old 21st April 2011, 09:58     #832
crocos

1.501 is due with some major fixes apparently.

Old 21st April 2011, 10:12     #833
*seldom

Exclamation

There is also a server-only 1.5_02 patch.

Good to see there are some more players on the WMS server; I know because they're stealing from my store-room.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:43     #834
Sam

Yeah the server is already running 1.5_02
Old 21st April 2011, 15:54     #835
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by *seldom
There is also a server-only 1.5_02 patch.

Good to see there are some more players on the WMS server; I know because they're stealing from my store-room.
Put obsidian on top of the chests in the store room and if they're really newbies they won't be able to take shit!
Old 21st April 2011, 18:49     #836
TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Put obsidian on top of the chests in the store room and if they're really newbies they won't be able to take shit!
Real pros hide their storage.
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:24     #837
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

fuck - achievements are local
(playing from laptop at work, done a bunch of achievements while on WMS, and now log on at home on my PC to WMS - achievements are reset )
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:02     #838
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

emphasis, mine... but... sweet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notch
Easter weekend start! I worked on a map item for minecraft today. Fog of war, automapping, all that
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:46     #839
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

good to see traps are cranking it again.....
6 stacks of arrows, 3 stacks of gunpowder and more bones and string and feathers than I know what to do with, in about 30 minutes.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:12     #840
Skanks
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Remember folks, don't quit while down in a dungeon. Reloaded to respawn screen

By the time I remembered where my body was everything that I'd dropped was gone.