NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st June 2012, 17:01     #561
Nothing

A lot of leading questions in there, almost certainly would have affected his response rates and distorted the results of the survey. Unless of course the stuff on camera was just done that way for show and the actual survey was much more professional.
Old 21st June 2012, 17:36     #562
CCS
Stunt Pants

Is that right?
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:36     #563
xor

But Indians have the caste system and are also racist?
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:37     #564
CCS
Stunt Pants

I would like more keen analysis from Nothing.
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:49     #565
xor

Who doesn't like racist jokes?
Old 31st August 2012, 14:23     #566
xor

Quote:
A job advert for one of Australia’s largest supermarket chains specifying “no Indians or Asians… please” that hit the headlines this week did nothing to dispel preconceptions.
http://blogs.wsj.com/dealjournalaust...racism-debate/
Old 31st August 2012, 14:37     #567
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I was having a marketing-campaign brainstorm with the management team of a client company in the financial services industry. Respected company, been around for a while, well-known in South Australia. The topic of the discussion was basically "how do we get people thinking about money management". Out of the blue, perfectly normal friendly white 40s manager goes "do you know that boat people get more assistance from the government than retirees? Isn't that just WRONG? We should use that."

Me: "Umm.... I don't think so."
Old 31st August 2012, 14:43     #568
Fx.

tried to watch the racist eps:

video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.

thank god for dozens of mirrors THIS AUTTA BE GOOD

Last edited by Fx. : 31st August 2012 at 14:44.
Old 31st August 2012, 16:01     #569
Fx.

gold
Old 31st August 2012, 17:43     #570
Fx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VGcHE8knQ

so amazing (part5, takes the traditional indians to a lesbo family hahaha)
Old 31st August 2012, 18:31     #571
Fx.

one of them actually said "i hear australaians say i'm not racist but *and then go on to say something very racist*"

Old 1st September 2012, 18:13     #572
Foggerty

I put a link to the first episode on my Facebastard stream and got smacked down by a couple of kiwis living in Oz. One just made the "New Zealand has racism too" comment (well duh) but the other said that the guys is basically a gutter journalist, who deliberately sought out the most racist, dumb fuckers he could find. he then went on to say that he's never heard of shit like that, or seen it when out with his asian mates. At that point I felt bad for breaking my usual rule of totally ignoring reality TV - after all, these bastards create fake situations to get genuine, shocking reactions.

But..... My GF's Filipino and has mates in Oz who've had problems with racism (don't know the specifics). My old boss who's a black (well, dark brown) South African (with a white wife) once told me that he keeps forgetting how bad Oz is compared to NZ until he goes back there. My own experience was with a seemingly nice couple who seemed nice right up to the point where she mentioned that "the abos are like mice, they get in everywhere." and that "they're terrible. Well, ok, not ALL of them, but most of them".

Was wondering what your experience has been like, AB, being less that pure Aryan in complexion

Last edited by Foggerty : 1st September 2012 at 18:15.
Old 1st September 2012, 18:25     #573
_Incubus_

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I was having a marketing-campaign brainstorm with the management team of a client company in the financial services industry. Respected company, been around for a while, well-known in South Australia. The topic of the discussion was basically "how do we get people thinking about money management". Out of the blue, perfectly normal friendly white 40s manager goes "do you know that boat people get more assistance from the government than retirees? Isn't that just WRONG? We should use that."

Me: "Umm.... I don't think so."
We had an guy with an Indian background (sounds as skippy as your average Sydneysider) visit our offices in SA a few weeks ago...during lunch one of the staff started asking "how did your parents arrive here" and "your english is pretty good".....internally I was projecting a throat choke at her.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:32     #574
cyc
Objection!

facepalm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...ir-with-speech

Quote:
Former Australian test batsman Greg Ritchie has caused a racism drama with a Gabba lunch speech that's earned the wrath of old teammate Kepler Wessels and Cricket Australia.

Ritchie has been accused of making "unacceptable" comments by using the derogatory term "kaffir" in an anecdote involving former South African Wessels when they played together for Queensland against the menacing West Indies in 1980.

Ritchie, who has previously been in hot water for comedy sketches portraying an Indian called "Mahatma Cote", also made offensive remarks in jokes about Islam and Pakistan in his address.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:59     #575
fobski

Old 12th November 2012, 12:50     #576
chiQ
Frag-muff

Derp
Old 12th November 2012, 21:20     #577
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I'm at an Australian based seminar today and many of the presenters had a moment of overt sexism in their presentations despite the audience being 30% women. You don't get this in NZ.
Old 12th November 2012, 21:24     #578
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
I'm at an Australian based seminar today and many of the presenters had a moment of overt sexism in their presentations despite the audience being 30% women. You don't get this in NZ.
it's pretty good hey
Old 12th November 2012, 22:09     #579
doppelgänger of someone

Sexism in Australia #345667

A few years ago I went to a series of workshop for young professionals of mostly men in Melbourne. At the end of each session, the organiser would invite written and anonymous feedbacks. (Ah anonymity, you beauty!)

Two sessions were delivered by a smartly dressed woman. After her first session, one of the feedbacks about her attire she got was so sexist, the organiser came out and said this kind of behaviour was completely unacceptable.

Right after the reprimand, she had to continue that workshop. In the same attire. Good on her.
Old 12th November 2012, 22:15     #580
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fuck, I wish I could be sexist and racist in the workplace. Australia is looking more like a better proposition all the time.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:08     #581
_Incubus_

Rolling eyes

We had a visit over the weekend by some kiwis that were family friends of my parents from back in NZ. It was like Crocodile Dundee visiting NY for the first time.

Some highlights included being out in public laughing at 2 gay dudes walking past holding hands, so much so the owner of the restaurant came over and told them off. Being scared to walk through a turnstile at a train station in case it closed on them, similar problem getting onto trams.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:23     #582
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
We had a visit over the weekend by some kiwis that were family friends of my parents from back in NZ. It was like Crocodile Dundee visiting NY for the first time.
I must say that kiwi racism / sexism and homophobia do always amuse me. Especially as the people expressing it are often the same ones saying Australians are racist.

Not claiming Australians aren't those things as well but the self delusion does make me giggle.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:22     #583
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:

Some highlights included being out in public laughing at 2 gay dudes walking past holding hands, so much so the owner of the restaurant came over and told them off. Being scared to walk through a turnstile at a train station in case it closed on them, similar problem getting onto trams.
Did they wear onions on their belts?

My parents are similar - just some casual racism and prejudice every now and then. They're a lot better than they used to be but still, can be cringeworthy. Common amongst the age-group I would say.
Old 13th November 2012, 12:39     #584
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
You Aussies, so sophisticated!
Old 13th November 2012, 14:24     #585
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon1

My parents are similar - just some casual racism and prejudice every now and then. They're a lot better than they used to be but still, can be cringeworthy. Common amongst the age-group I would say.
I love it when my father makes racist comments while in my back yard. Did I mention my neighbours are Tongan? Yeah, pretty clever shit from there.
Old 13th November 2012, 14:26     #586
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
A few years ago I went to a series of workshop for young professionals of mostly men in Melbourne. At the end of each session, the organiser would invite written and anonymous feedbacks. (Ah anonymity, you beauty!)

Two sessions were delivered by a smartly dressed woman. After her first session, one of the feedbacks about her attire she got was so sexist, the organiser came out and said this kind of behaviour was completely unacceptable.

Right after the reprimand, she had to continue that workshop. In the same attire. Good on her.
..Without describing what she was wearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon1

Casual racism is the best kind. Entire countries were founded on it.

"All Men are created equal.. now where did I put my slave."

Last edited by Cyberbob : 13th November 2012 at 14:30.
Old 13th November 2012, 14:32     #587
Lightspeed

I translate "smartly dressed" as not dressed like a ho, but not necessarily like a prude either. So pant suit or well fitted skirt with dress shirt, jacket?
Old 13th November 2012, 14:45     #588
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You Aussies, so sophisticated!
The thought that someone could consider Adelaide "the big city" amuses me.
Old 13th November 2012, 14:46     #589
pxpx

What the hell Lightspeed, who cares how you translate it?
Old 13th November 2012, 14:47     #590
Lightspeed

o_O

Excuse me?
Old 13th November 2012, 15:00     #591
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Defence has reprimanded two military personnel and counselled 13 others over violent and racist comments posted on Facebook in the wake of last month's Islamic protests in Sydney.

The action, which has been welcomed by the Islamic Council of NSW, comes a month after a group of Australian soldiers from Townsville-based 3rd Brigade were caught joking on Facebook about using sniper rifles and machine guns on Muslim men who protested in Sydney on September 15.

''Mate, what I would given to drop the legs on a MAG 58, slap on a 500 round belt, adopt a stable firing position in the middle of the street and lay waste to every single one of those cancerous f---s,'' one wrote.

''Cronulla round two,'' wrote another.
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...029-28ezf.html

Note: TOTALLY NOT RACISTS, BUT
Old 13th November 2012, 15:07     #592
chiQ
Frag-muff

My dad's a bit blush-making, though he's not so much racist as really aware of ethnic and cultural differences, and remarks them more than is really considered acceptable, in a clear and carrying voice. D'OH!

His mother was shockingly racist. She mortified us all, often. He's turned out pretty well, considering, and I think his consciousness of race comes from being raised by a mother who would have made sure he didn't make friends with the 'brown boys' at school, rather than any real bigotry.

My mother has spent way too much time with a vast range of ethnic groups to notice or care either way.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:18     #593
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Townsville
lol, redneck central.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:24     #594
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Townsville
Powerpuff girls should have fucked them up.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:25     #595
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Maybe they were just talking about protesters in general. They are usually cancerous f---s
Old 13th November 2012, 16:41     #596
leadinjector

meh theyre fucking soldiers, you train them to kill people and then get shitty when they talk about it? of course they think muslims are subhuman, i dont know if i could shoot at someone unless i thought that. soldiers have always been trained to hate who they are fighting, and at the mo, that happens to be mostly muslim people.

then again, maybe they shouldnt be dumb enough to post non PC stuff on their bookfaces. slap on the wrist time.
Old 13th November 2012, 16:58     #597
Cyberbob

They should be studied. It takes true psychic powers to be able to tell a persons religion just by looking at them.
Old 13th November 2012, 17:01     #598
aR Que

Not if they're wearing, you know, one of the countless religious symbols. But, good quip otherwise.
Old 13th November 2012, 17:23     #599
Cyberbob

Excuse me sir, can I please see yo-*BANG*
Old 13th November 2012, 17:59     #600
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

I had my annual "discussion" with a family member who blames all of NZs woes on the "bloody Maoris". This year I tried a different tack, I said "look how about we do this, instead of talking about the Maoris let me tell you about a group of people you really can blame for everything".

I then went on to talk at length about the finance industry, the GFC and generally the countless reasons why we should be rounding these fucking bankers up and whipping them through the streets. Solid 15 minutes of "shit seriously?" "is that right?" "pack of bastards" and nodding. Then when I was done I said "right, so as you can see even if you were right about the Maori you have a bigger enemy to direct your hatred towards".

"Yeah that's pretty bad... but... the Maori want to claim the airwaves and seas!"

FFUUUUUU, now I'm convinced it's not a political stance, it's a fucking neurological problem.