NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 8th September 2008, 10:27     #5601
Yoda

Fire drills at 9:20 on a Monday morning. I don't care if it's a test to see if our responsibility system works, or it's a better test when we're not expecting it, it's Monday fucking morning.
Old 8th September 2008, 11:27     #5602
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays!
Old 8th September 2008, 11:30     #5603
Baal

Turning to Alcohol is the only solution.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:01     #5604
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
Turning to Alcohol is the only solution.
Alcohol: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:49     #5605
Spink

Whoever starts this scaremongering bullshit GMG

http://www.times-age.co.nz/localnews...toryid=3784058

Mum comes home from some social quilting group thing and says how she's sorry she was late but she had to drop one of the people home because of increased gang activity in masterton, "people said they're targetting women" and then quoted this story to me about how a woman went to a gas station and the attendant saw a man get into the back of his car, so the attendant called the police.

I said find me the news article that says it happened, but I bet you won't because this is just scaremongering bullshit. Today she sends me an email linking the above news article =x
Old 8th September 2008, 17:59     #5606
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Four were made on Thursday morning alone and one customer had even locked her car before she went to pay, Mrs Miller said.

"She said that she had heard the rumour and didn't want to leave her car unlocked.
She should lock her car anyway so that opportunist thieves don't snatch stuff from the car! JEEZ!
Old 8th September 2008, 21:28     #5607
Sauron

people with snapper cards who shove past people paying by cash or a ticket.
Are we that desperate to get a seat?
Old 8th September 2008, 22:18     #5608
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
She should lock her car anyway so that opportunist thieves don't snatch stuff from the car! JEEZ!
That's what I thought too.
Old 8th September 2008, 22:19     #5609
Haydos

What GMG: A yorker that hit my big toe right on the spot in indoor.. massive blood blister and cracked nail.
Old 9th September 2008, 02:31     #5610
MoP

Ruby on Rails grinds my gears. Even though it's bright and shiny, it's just a goddamn toy
Old 9th September 2008, 09:18     #5611
xor

Parking 600m away from work on a rainy day and realising I forgot my jacket
Old 9th September 2008, 14:07     #5612
Mickey

Reading a teaching CV today with the following sentence. "I really want to teach in Auckland becoz....."

CV Deleted.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:15     #5613
Baal

Pistachios that haven't cracked open. There's always a few in every bunch and I never know whether to throw them out or attempt to open them somehow.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:19     #5614
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Coughing, and feeling a pinch that *could* be stitches bursting but I can't be arsed maneuvering to look
Old 9th September 2008, 14:23     #5615
Havs

Asking 4 people who I am interviewing "Could you estimate how many weddings there are a year in New Zealand. There is no right answer, just walk me though your logic". Obviously, this helps me understand how they will cope in situations they might not have encountered before and how they go about solving a problem.

What GMG? Oh, I dont know ... how about not having one person answer in a way I would expect an adult too.

First person "errr i don't know ... 1000 ... yeah ... thats my guess" How did you arrive at that estimate? Let me know how you worked it out... "what? I guessed!?! How could i know exactly how many weddings there are, Ive only been to a few."

Second person "I used to work in a bar, we had 3 weddings a month ... there are heaps of bars in NZ ... 3 X 12 ... errr can I have a calculator? ... err that number times heaps ... i dont know , like times a 1000"

HEAD ASPLODES!
Old 9th September 2008, 14:28     #5616
Baal

Stupid question, stupid answer.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:30     #5617
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat
Coughing, and feeling a pinch that *could* be stitches bursting but I can't be arsed maneuvering to look

Use a mirror.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:32     #5618
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Pistachios that haven't cracked open. There's always a few in every bunch and I never know whether to throw them out or attempt to open them somehow.
Put them between your back teeth and crack those fuckers. MAN UP, GIRLY TEETH!
Old 9th September 2008, 14:33     #5619
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Use a mirror.
Only women carry mirrors everywhere with them
Old 9th September 2008, 14:34     #5620
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Use a mirror.
Which would involve moving around...

I'll check next time I go to the bathroom...
Old 9th September 2008, 14:38     #5621
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yes, please let us know if your ballsack has burst and is seeping pus. Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:39     #5622
StN
I have detailed files

Stitches? He just cellotaped mine
Old 9th September 2008, 14:41     #5623
Mickey

I didnt actually think Youd be home alone Hazmat, i figured someone could have got you a mirror.

Ignore CCS, we don't really want pics.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:05     #5624
CCS
Stunt Pants

'BRING ME A MIRROR, I WANT TO INSPECT MY BALLS!'

I'm pretty sure StN provided pics when he had the snip :/
Old 9th September 2008, 15:05     #5625
Havs

Quote:
How on earth is that a stupid question.

Exercises like that are some of the best ways to understand a potential employee.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:05     #5626
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
I didnt actually think Youd be home alone Hazmat, i figured someone could have got you a mirror.

Ignore CCS, we don't really want pics.
Wife is home with me, but we don't really have any portable mirrors.
They're all good. The size of a tennis ball, but all good.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:07     #5627
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cheesy grin

'WIFEY, INSPECT MY BALLS! I THINK THEY MAY HAVE BURST AND I DON'T HAVE MY MAKE-UP MIRROR HANDY!'
Old 9th September 2008, 15:14     #5628
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
'WIFEY, INSPECT MY BALLS! I THINK THEY MAY HAVE BURST AND I DON'T HAVE MY MAKE-UP MIRROR HANDY!'
"And while you're down there......."
Old 9th September 2008, 15:15     #5629
StN
I have detailed files

Not work safe LV16

Balls - no, not mine.

Last edited by StN : 9th September 2008 at 15:17.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:18     #5630
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havs
How on earth is that a stupid question.

Exercises like that are some of the best ways to understand a potential employee.
Well if I got asked a question like that in a job interview.

1. I'd tell you that any answer was pointless without at least some statistical snippets to work off.

2. I would cease wanting to work for you at that point because you've already wasted my time and yours for no good reason.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:18     #5631
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'm pretty sure StN provided pics when he had the snip :/
Oh, he did.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:20     #5632
Baal

Pics of melon sized testicles or it didn't happen.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:22     #5633
StN
I have detailed files

Aww - you rememebred - Ha! Made you look at my nutsack again!

'd
Old 9th September 2008, 15:24     #5634
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Pics of melon sized testicles or it didn't happen.
Oh the nadgers are fine...it's the scrote filled with blood that's enormous.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:25     #5635
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Is it? I'd say that I'd seen the wedding/engagement announcement pages in the Herald on a Saturday, and there were roughly X number each week, subtracting a few for those that don't follow through, and given that AKL has just over 1/4 of the country's population, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to extrapolate those numbers out for a whole year across 4 Million people.

Unless the job interview was for a goat shaver, and not someone who might need to work something out for themselves based on readiliy available information sources.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:32     #5636
Havs

Quote:
Well if I got asked a question like that in a job interview.

1. I'd tell you that any answer was pointless without at least some statistical snippets to work off.

2. I would cease wanting to work for you at that point because you've already wasted my time and yours for no good reason.
Haha wtf. I guess that's your answer then. It also gives a pretty clear indication to your personality, something which an interview is all about.

How is it any different from someone giving you a programming problem to solve, in order to access your coding skills? It's all about understanding how you think and how you will work in the given organisation.

The question clearly states, there is no RIGHT answer. It's all about working through a problem and making intelligent, rational decisions. Jesus, you could say 4million weddings a year and still pass with flying colours, as long as your method made sense.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:32     #5637
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

No, it's a fucking stupid question. Anyone that asks it should probably just pull their head out of their arse and ask something sensible.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:33     #5638
Baal

it's a dumbfuck question. We have stats.govt.nz for a reason.

http://www.stats.govt.nz/products-an...o-releases.htm
Old 9th September 2008, 15:35     #5639
Havs

You have to be taking the piss...
Old 9th September 2008, 15:36     #5640
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havs
Haha wtf. I guess that's your answer then. It also gives a pretty clear indication to your personality, something which an interview is all about.
Yes, I'm there to do a job, not answer stupid time wasting questions.