MadMax
Stuff

our social club xmas do was a few weeks back
customer party is coming up
then we have a staff party
Old 6th December 2009, 01:16     #4483
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Just scored tickets to Dropkick Murphys / Sick of it All in Spain.
Sahweeeeeet
Old 6th December 2009, 09:54     #4484
p01s0n

woot mx5 goes up to the fabricators for a MSNZ-spec roll cage.
Old 6th December 2009, 13:38     #4485
Jonas Undrawing

did I say I got all A+'s this year at Uni? Anyway, fuck it I'm saying it again cos it still oils my gears.
Old 6th December 2009, 14:56     #4486
Thomas Meatball

Cheesy grin

Haha! Well done, swot!
Old 6th December 2009, 15:11     #4487
p01s0n

meatballs i gotta say, these fuckin foldout knives are major gear oilers. At first i was skeptical, they seemed pretty loller folding out this hideously sharp blade from an unsuspecting fluro orange handle. I put one on my keyring so I always have one around to show to people and in the last 24 hours i've used it like 7 or 8 times already for various cutting duties. I dont even cut that much stuff in my day to day life!
Old 6th December 2009, 15:19     #4488
herp

First week of work in new job and I knocked out a 28 minute 'making of' feature for this movie thats coming out next year. Loving the challenge so far.

I have to make a 90 second trailer for it this week plus repeat this process for 3-5 other films in only 4 weeks. Possibility of contract next year if all goes well.

Work is super intense right now, love it.

Last edited by herp : 6th December 2009 at 15:21.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:55     #4489
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
meatballs i gotta say, these fuckin foldout knives are major gear oilers. At first i was skeptical, they seemed pretty loller folding out this hideously sharp blade from an unsuspecting fluro orange handle. I put one on my keyring so I always have one around to show to people and in the last 24 hours i've used it like 7 or 8 times already for disciplining various bitches shirking their duties. I dont even cut that much stuff in my day to day life!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 6th December 2009, 18:28     #4490
Cyberbob

discovering the gradient filter in Lightroom.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:01     #4491
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
did I say I got all A+'s this year at Uni? Anyway, fuck it I'm saying it again cos it still oils my gears.
Congrats
Old 6th December 2009, 21:17     #4492
Hurtuso

Last 3 days: edited, converted, uploaded 103 videos. Figured out css solution to clients last minute request though i thought Joomla would have a fucking plugin for it. Never used it before. Got data entry on site perfect & dvd's for concurrent projects. Site fully functional for successful client meeting in Germany. New client looks promising. Kicked ass in training, getting fitter & faster. Awesome Xmas function. Flatmate's mother staying while flatmate away. She had a heart attack. Scary. She all good in hospital now. Given some fresh fish. Lillies sprouting. Making some likeable tunes & other projects. Refining business plan, caught up with old friend, having a beer.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:42     #4493
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
meatballs i gotta say, these fuckin foldout knives are major gear oilers. At first i was skeptical, they seemed pretty loller folding out this hideously sharp blade from an unsuspecting fluro orange handle. I put one on my keyring so I always have one around to show to people and in the last 24 hours i've used it like 7 or 8 times already for various cutting duties. I dont even cut that much stuff in my day to day life!
YEEEEUHHHHH! I knew that shit'd be good. I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for the saw as well.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:54     #4494
Lightspeed

Having someone that not only will fix your car for the fun of it, but is willing to give you the correct wheels from a car they just bought to match your model car is pretty sweet. It's good having a car that an enthusiast with mech skills is into.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:59     #4495
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtuso
Last 3 days: edited, converted, uploaded 103 videos. Figured out css solution to clients last minute request though i thought Joomla would have a fucking plugin for it. Never used it before. Got data entry on site perfect & dvd's for concurrent projects. Site fully functional for successful client meeting in Germany. New client looks promising. Kicked ass in training, getting fitter & faster. Awesome Xmas function. Flatmate's mother staying while flatmate away. She had a heart attack. Scary. She all good in hospital now. Given some fresh fish. Lillies sprouting. Making some likeable tunes & other projects. Refining business plan, caught up with old friend, having a beer.
Sorry, but the negative value of Joomla more than wipes out all those positives.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:03     #4496
Cyberbob

Just save all the "told you so"'s for when the site gets hacked.

As soon as someone even sees that it's a Joomla based site, it won't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyone that knows what they're on about whenever someone suggests to use Joomla
Joomla's a one-stop ticket to getting your new website owned.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 7th December 2009 at 20:06.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:18     #4497
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Having someone that not only will fix your car for the fun of it, but is willing to give you the correct wheels from a car they just bought to match your model car is pretty sweet. It's good having a car that an enthusiast with mech skills is into.
What car is it? Will he work on my car for the fun of it and because I'm awesome?
Old 7th December 2009, 20:23     #4498
Lightspeed

It's a Mitsubishi Galant with a MIVEC engine. It's really nothing flash, it's just a fun drive that don't cost anything like real sporty cars do. They have quite a following in NZ. Kinda like Freeze Tag.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:33     #4499
Thomas Meatball

I need my brake pads changed.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:48     #4500
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
do it yourself, really satisfying.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:50     #4501
Thomas Meatball

Don't want to :/ I'll probably fuck it up and the brakes will fall off while I'm driving down a steep hill.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:06     #4502
Helious

fair enough man, i had my old man do mine for the first 6 years of my driving.. pads are the easiest things to do on a car, it's no harder than changing a battery over, it really isn't. you're lucky you're not dealing with drums ;p although, once you know what you're doing drums are just as fuckin' easy as pads.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:06     #4503
Lightspeed

Quote:
Don't want to :/ I'll probably fuck it up and the brakes will fall off while I'm driving down a steep hill.
Yeah, that'll be why your brakes unexpectedly fail...
Old 7th December 2009, 21:16     #4504
p01s0n

Quote:
i did the ones in the BMW the other week and it was a peice of piss.

old vs new:

Rotors, yes that is a 1mm depth worn into the surface:

It was pretty much after about 2 months of scraping noises i was like "hrm i should probably replace the brake pads. Bought some pads, pulled the wheel of and was like "welp, gonna need rotors too".
Old 7th December 2009, 21:23     #4505
Thomas Meatball

Why did you bother replacing those pads? They look fucken foine! Just glue a couple of old pads together, she'll be roight.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:25     #4506
Helious

hahaha, I didn't even need to change my pads. The scraping sound I was hearing for about 8 weeks was actually the Caliper, the left Caliper had become a bit stuck on one side and wasn't disengaging fully after braking. Fixed that up good, on the fly. Felt soooo good getting my hands dirty.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:30     #4507
Helious

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
did I say I got all A+'s this year at Uni?
Well done man, that's really impressive.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:38     #4508
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious
hahaha, I didn't even need to change my pads. The scraping sound I was hearing for about 8 weeks was actually the Caliper, the left Caliper had become a bit stuck on one side and wasn't disengaging fully after braking. Fixed that up good, on the fly. Felt soooo good getting my hands dirty.
with your new found riches you fully need to do a st215 3sgte awd swap into a ae82 fx. fucking do it.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:40     #4509
Helious

It's crazy how much mad love I have for the ae82, it's something that cannot be measured eh. they're so practical, heaps of storage and secret compartments ;p my stepfather bought me my first bluetop 4age when i was 17. crashed it within the first 4 days with xor in the car, in the wet. so shamed.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:06     #4510
Hurtuso

re: Joomla, gotcha. I'd like to have used Silverstripe, local devs would be awesome - perhaps later, when I get smarter like.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:10     #4511
p01s0n

look at drupal, its a bit tighter than joomla and doesnt need security patches every half hour like joomla.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:17     #4512
chiQ
Frag-muff

Drupal; that's the one

I was going to post as you did and for some reason the name just eluded me completely. I have a mental block about it. I am also blonde.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:22     #4513
p01s0n

the mere idea that in 5 minutes ill have 7 delicious strips of bacons oils my gears.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:23     #4514
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Quote:
i did the ones in the BMW the other week and it was a peice of piss.
You appear to have conveniently forgotten when we hopped in the car to go to the shops and the brakes tried to fall off :/
Old 7th December 2009, 22:27     #4515
p01s0n

Quote:
the mere idea that in 5 minutes ill have 7 delicious strips of bacons oils my gears.
oh my, christmas came early
Old 7th December 2009, 23:18     #4516
Hurtuso

Drupal yeah, ok I'll give it a decent look after I finish this current stuff. Cheers!
Old 7th December 2009, 23:22     #4517
Yoda

Two year old daughter getting through a GA and biopsy OK. And the anesthetist who was not just understanding, but realistic too, even though I was obviously distressed and ready to be a pain in the ass.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:33     #4518
Hurtuso

gee, good to hear getting through that ok mate
Old 8th December 2009, 16:32     #4519
Cyberbob

Zombieland. Movie of the fricking year.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:01     #4520
[Malks] Pixie

Haven't posted in here in a while so I'll cover a few "oils" at the same time...

Getting an A- and a B- for the two course's I passed - not bad for an oldish geezer.

Tui's - there's a whole bundle of them round our house (spotted four in the tree yesterday). Awesome bird song in the morning and evening - very relaxing.

My partner who's being incredibly understanding with my horrible slog trying to find work (may end up busking to bring in at least some daily cash).

Scoring an old 12 string acoustic off a mate - expected in to be a piece of crap (we both did) but after a bit of care and cleaning it'll shape up great!

My beard - apparently I really suit it and it's much cheaper than shaving!

Family - particularly those who are understandning about us being on a bit of a tight budget at the moment and not being fussed about christmas presents.

Pixie