NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th July 2008, 20:54     #4441
fidgit
Always itchy

It doesn't GMG that the Herald is turning into a sensationalistic opinionated propaganda piece (after all, something needs to balance out the DomPost's ooobvious Labour bias!).

What GMG's is that they continue to put themselves forward as an objective news source. They clearly aren't, or at least almost aren't - the editorial bias is frequently apparent. Which is fine! Just stop pretending you don't have an agenda and embrace your partisanship. partisianess. ...one-sidedness.

Objectivity is a wonderful thing - but it's never going to go hand and hand with selling large numbers of papers/generating large numbers of clicks.
Old 17th July 2008, 21:02     #4442
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
I don't get it, why don't people just put the "ignore" function to good use?
because its not sufficient. all it does is replace his text with a message saying hes being ignored. sure, we could demand that simon rewrite the vbulletin ignore code to actually remove the posts from the thread completely, but then the thread wont make sense, and anyway, doesnt get around people quoting the offender.

its easier and usually better to just not ignore anyone, thats how ive found it anyway.
Old 17th July 2008, 21:14     #4443
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
Do eeet :>
Performance review tomorrow :/

I suppose it's a good thing there'll be a third party there...
Old 17th July 2008, 21:47     #4444
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
my boss is standing 4 metres away and doesn't realise I'm moaning about him *giggle*
you do realise its entirely possible for your boss to record everything you do on the work computer, dont you?

...he's also got a hidden cam on the toilet, just so he can watch you masturbate.

i saw you on the net.
Old 17th July 2008, 21:49     #4445
crocos

EDIT: never mind - post was too geeky - even for me.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 17th July 2008 at 21:50.
Old 17th July 2008, 21:57     #4446
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
you do realise its entirely possible for your boss to record everything you do on the work computer, dont you?
OH NOES!

He could... but why would he go to those lengths?
Old 17th July 2008, 22:04     #4447
xor

*Puts on Denny Crane hate*I eat lots of meat. Light fires to keep my place warm. Buy the plastic bags from pak n' save.

Why don't you fuckers sort something out like the amazon being clearfelled or ban disposable nappies rather than how I should reduce the amount of meat I eat to reduce my carbon footprint.

p.s I hate hippies
Old 17th July 2008, 23:01     #4448
Nightcrawler

What grinds my gears is that Clearasil Deep Pore Wash shit they advertise on TV

Used it for 2 days now (once in morning, once in evening), and my face is in fucking agony.
The cheek bones under my eyes are blood red, my face is literally falling to pieces (dead/dry skin all over), and it fucking hurts like shit when I make any form of facial expression

All I wanted was to clean my face, FUCK

Last edited by Nightcrawler : 17th July 2008 at 23:03.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:22     #4449
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
What grinds my gears is that Clearasil Deep Pore Wash shit they advertise on TV

Used it for 2 days now (once in morning, once in evening), and my face is in fucking agony.
The cheek bones under my eyes are blood red, my face is literally falling to pieces (dead/dry skin all over), and it fucking hurts like shit when I make any form of facial expression

All I wanted was to clean my face, FUCK
That suff is really really dehydrating, try a mild moisturiser to ease the pain, aloe vera based would be good.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:28     #4450
Nightcrawler

Will grab some tomorrow (with aloe vera), thanks. Uni starts on Monday and I really don't want to have a fucked face
Old 18th July 2008, 00:03     #4451
Ritalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Will grab some tomorrow (with aloe vera), thanks. Uni starts on Monday and I really don't want to have a fucked face
Also, it goes without saying, but stop using the clearasil shit. It won't get better if you just persevere, as it sounds like you've had a sensitivity reaction to it. It's really drying and many people have a reaction to it. You might want to try the clearasil sensitive skin range?
FWIW - Aveeno is a really fantastic moisturiser. It's available from the supermarket, and is hypoallergenic while being very effective.

2c.
Old 18th July 2008, 00:06     #4452
lektronimo

I've just unground a gear - embedded flash was killing my computer, turns out FF3 and Adblock Plus block the embedded content as well as other shit. Simple button press fixed the whole two week old saga...

Edit: spoke too soon... back to fucked yet again.

Last edited by lektronimo : 18th July 2008 at 00:08.
Old 18th July 2008, 00:54     #4453
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin
Also, it goes without saying, but stop using the clearasil shit. It won't get better if you just persevere, as it sounds like you've had a sensitivity reaction to it. It's really drying and many people have a reaction to it. You might want to try the clearasil sensitive skin range?
FWIW - Aveeno is a really fantastic moisturiser. It's available from the supermarket, and is hypoallergenic while being very effective.

2c.
Definitely won't be touching it again! Aveeno sounds familiar, will check it out tomorrow - thanks
Old 18th July 2008, 10:06     #4454
Reformed_Quint

HAHAHAHAHA Sensitive skin! HAHAHAHAHA.

ooooooo hahahaha. Fuck thats funny.

I use 400 wet and dry as my face cleaner, it works mean.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:23     #4455
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

If you want a good cleanser and are willing to pay slightly more than supermarket prices, I recommend Lush. They have fresh cleansers that only last a few weeks (flag that) but they have some bars to suit all types of skin, some especially for men. Plus you can try before you buy (they have a basin in store).
Old 18th July 2008, 10:53     #4456
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
If you want a good cleanser and are willing to pay slightly more than supermarket prices, I recommend Lush. They have fresh cleansers that only last a few weeks (flag that) but they have some bars to suit all types of skin, some especially for men. Plus you can try before you buy (they have a basin in store).

That place smells like Two Dollar Shop aftershaves. Most repulsive shop to walk past only due to the strong smells. Actually, that is a GG. Walking past Lush on Queen Street.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:00     #4457
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

As a whole the shop reeks, but not all their stuff smells like a cheap hooker.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:12     #4458
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

GMG: i pull up to an T intersection, turning right. suv approaches around the corner ahead of me, so i wait. and wait. hes going 35. by this time i could have safely turned, but not now, so i continue to wait. i say to myself, "you better put on your indicator if youre intending to turn". i wait. he starts turning without even attempting to give way. i swear loudly.

thank you very much mr "c 186" aka cockbag extreme.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:47     #4459
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

^^ people at UNCONTROLLED T-intersections that fail to give way to right turning traffic on their right, that are also turning right... GMG au!
Old 18th July 2008, 15:07     #4460
CCS
Stunt Pants

This old cunt grinds my gears. I can't believe how lightly he seems to be taking the whole thing and that he actually wants to keep driving! Stupid old bastard didn't manage to turn anyone into a corpse, but he easily could've. I hope he doesn't get his license back - he's dangerous.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:13     #4461
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I posted the original story about that in this thread and was just about to update it with what you've posted.

What REALLY GMG this time is the "I've been driving for 80 years and this is my first accident"

and Not knowing that there such a thing as WINDSCREEN WIPERS to get excess water off when a truck sprays water onto your car.

Jesus Christ on a stick. Just stop the car and sort yourself out, don't follow what you think is the right way by looking for a white line on the road.

It's only luck he didn't kill anyone
Old 18th July 2008, 16:07     #4462
Mickey

Having to go back to work on Monday GMG, school holidays should be longer.
Old 18th July 2008, 16:10     #4463
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
I study extra-murally, and frankly, school holidays suck, 2 weeks break to recover? Bullshit, give me 20 mins.

man, students need to toughen the fuck up.
Old 18th July 2008, 16:40     #4464
Asriel

Whether needed or not, holidays are awesome
Old 18th July 2008, 16:44     #4465
eff tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
No they bloody shouldn't! Counting down....
Old 18th July 2008, 16:47     #4466
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Performance review tomorrow :/
Well that's done and I managed not to yell or call anyone a cunt o_0

Still, only time will tell the outcome of this meeting...
Old 18th July 2008, 17:11     #4467
BadNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Well that's done and I managed not to yell or call anyone a cunt o_0
that's worth a raise surely
Old 18th July 2008, 17:22     #4468
CCS
Stunt Pants

You would think so.

Fucken pay review is still to come Apparently it just gets decided on by management, we don't actually get to discuss it. So I guess they say what I'll get (if anything) and I like it or lump it. Gee, I hope it's at least more than inflation.
Old 18th July 2008, 17:28     #4469
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel
Whether needed or not, holidays are awesome
I'd rather the extra class time, damn slackers!

Quote:
You would think so.

Fucken pay review is still to come Apparently it just gets decided on by management, we don't actually get to discuss it. So I guess they say what I'll get (if anything) and I like it or lump it. Gee, I hope it's at least more than inflation.
Man, that sucks! We don't get to discuss ours, so when we had our last review I denied the payrise i was offered (was fuck all) and pissed and moaned untill they agreed to how much I wanted!

Doing it again end of this years, Daddy needs new shoes.
Old 18th July 2008, 19:10     #4470
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You would think so.

i thought pay negotiations, etc, were supposed to be done "in good faith"

Old 19th July 2008, 10:23     #4471
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs down

Fuuuuuuuuuck....

Sensing Murder: Sleuths or scammers?

They're scammers. Don't put out a fence-sitting headline like that. Grr.
Old 19th July 2008, 10:27     #4472
?>Superman

I fucking hate that show and fuckwits at the workplace who say shit like "makes you wonder..." like all deep mysterious voiced n shit.

Major facepalm
Old 19th July 2008, 10:30     #4473
Mickey

I can't believe that show got given a second season. They didn't solve anything in the first one, didn't even come close. Makes me laugh at people at work are obsessed with it.
Old 19th July 2008, 13:19     #4474
xor

People that you meet that are so incredibly fake with plastic smiles
Old 19th July 2008, 13:47     #4475
JAYJAY

People who don't keep left on the footpath. Walking to work yesterday on an otherwise empty sidewalk and the two bitches push past me as I'm keeping to the left. Fuck, if it's a good enough rule for the road, it's good enough for the footpath.
Old 19th July 2008, 13:52     #4476
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Major facepalm
Your only realistic option is to go all Patrick Sherrill on those motherfuckers.
Old 19th July 2008, 14:45     #4477
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYJAY
People who don't keep left on the footpath. Walking to work yesterday on an otherwise empty sidewalk and the two bitches push past me as I'm keeping to the left. Fuck, if it's a good enough rule for the road, it's good enough for the footpath.
Arrr.... trying to get used to walking, biking, swimming and driving on the right as I've just moved to NYC. So confusing!
Old 20th July 2008, 17:53     #4478
Biff

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10522525

Bloody hell, what a bunch a fuckin sheep.
Old 21st July 2008, 09:49     #4479
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Joe
Arrr.... trying to get used to walking, biking, swimming and driving on the right as I've just moved to NYC. So confusing!
Takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get used to it. But there is never enough time to get use to NYC drivers.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:20     #4480
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10522525

Bloody hell, what a bunch a fuckin sheep.
Who gives a fuck? They're happy in their beliefs and they're not hurting you any.