Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Isaiah Mustafa, how could you?

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/m...020-16the.html

Oh well, guess a guy's gotta eat.
Damn I was all preped with a post along the lines of:

"Look at his logo. Now back to me. Now back to his logo. Now back to me."

The man knows how to shill, that's for sure.
Old 21st October 2010, 09:39     #4042
Danjah

*chuckle*

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/10/2... droidGuys%29
Old 21st October 2010, 09:58     #4043
PhX

Just had a play on the HTC Trophy wp7 device and really enjoyed its fresh approach to using a phone. I threw 3 years of iphone soft keyboard use at it when typing and it kept up without a hitch, i almost felt faster! Tried a few of the standard apps which as one would expect are well polished and the HTC hardware is well like all HTC hardware. Snapping pics and reviewing them is particularly smooth, love how the browser is FREGGEN FULL SCREEN when in landscape mode (why ios doesn't do this is beyond me). No email client was setup so that was a bit of a bummer since 50% of what i do on my phone is emailing. The zune area looks ok as well and will stand up to a switch from 'ipod' (another grip of mine, call it itunes or something ffs).

End of the story I'm pretty interested here and i havent been that interested in a phone os's for a while. I almost never game on my phone but i do multi task between a number of core apps so kind of really want that. Would be great to see a hacking community get right behind wp7 and add the stuff M$ might never give us the freedom to have.

Just need the full Zune software for the mac now and i might be on board. (I finally change to apple for my computer and now im seriously contemplating changing my phone to windows, perhaps i just like things to be difficult)
Old 21st October 2010, 10:50     #4044
^BITES^

Get out.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 21st October 2010, 12:03     #4045
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Just had a play on the HTC Trophy wp7 device and really enjoyed its fresh approach to using a phone. I threw 3 years of iphone soft keyboard use at it when typing and it kept up without a hitch, i almost felt faster! Tried a few of the standard apps which as one would expect are well polished and the HTC hardware is well like all HTC hardware. Snapping pics and reviewing them is particularly smooth, love how the browser is FREGGEN FULL SCREEN when in landscape mode (why ios doesn't do this is beyond me). No email client was setup so that was a bit of a bummer since 50% of what i do on my phone is emailing. The zune area looks ok as well and will stand up to a switch from 'ipod' (another grip of mine, call it itunes or something ffs).
Your feedback on the soft keyboard has piqued my interest. Every android keyboard i've used has felt like inaccurate clumsy trash in comparison to the iPhones soft keyboard (even the milestones hardware keyboard). Keen to see how I find the winpho7 one now.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:12     #4046
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjah
blah thats a hit to the guts for poison lol.

Last edited by Rocket : 21st October 2010 at 12:14.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:17     #4047
p01s0n

yeah its not a nightmare jobs! this guy who made a twitter app said he only had two people work on it!!!!
Old 21st October 2010, 13:11     #4048
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Your feedback on the soft keyboard has piqued my interest. Every android keyboard i've used has felt like inaccurate clumsy trash in comparison to the iPhones soft keyboard (even the milestones hardware keyboard). Keen to see how I find the winpho7 one now.
Swype > *

If you haven't used it ... you cannot fathom how awesome it actually is. The recognition is incredible, can't recall if Unky jobbs has allowed this one .. but its available for most android platforms (via beta/alt downloads) and its the shit, I personally HATE touch screen keyboards (which is why mine has a hardware kb)

Well considering it holds the current world record in speed texting ... thats a minor endorsement.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 21st October 2010 at 13:13.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:01     #4049
p01s0n

weird, just found out my current work laptop doesn't have itunes on it. I've been charging and getting photos off my iPhone at work since I got this laptop a couple weeks back.

Guess maybe you don't need itunes for everything after all????
Old 21st October 2010, 18:08     #4050
Disinformation

Quote:
Its what you're used to. To me the iPhone keyboard seems clunky but I'll put that down to being used to the spacing and prediction on the standard Android keyboard.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:27     #4051
p01s0n

Old 21st October 2010, 23:42     #4052
lektronimo

Quote:
Guess maybe you don't need itunes for everything after all????
You still need it for everything else.
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:16     #4053
p01s0n

oh no my freedoms!!!!
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:56     #4054
^BITES^

Quote:
oh no my freedoms!!!!
You never had any apple boy. Only the illusion you did.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:15     #4055
p01s0n

I know right, I cant have firefox on my phone and I have to use itunes, this life is 100% oppression!
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:27     #4056
^BITES^

Quote:
I know right, I cant have firefox on my phone and I have to use itunes, this life is 100% oppression!
"Ignorance is bliss"

By that standard you must be the most blissful idiot on the planet.

I don't think anyone needs to list the number of things missing ... that song has been sung .. and its a sour apple tune.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:29     #4057
p01s0n

calling it now: within 12 months windows phone 7 will be rated as providing a better user experience for the majority of consumers when compared with android.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:50     #4058
SID|DensitY

Quote:
calling it now: within 12 months windows phone 7 will be rated as providing a better user experience for the majority of consumers when compared with android
and iPhone. Lets be honest Android and iOS are pretty even for a majority of smart phone usage, esp for businesses. If Microsoft can firm up the experience, ease of usage and functionality beyond Android, it'd most likely go past iOS too.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:09     #4059
p01s0n

doubt it, apple has a consumer image of providing well thought out and quality devices, and any business customers that require security capability above what the iPhone offers will be using blackberry (which they most likely already have ingrained in their infrastructure).

winmo7 has a couple core features missing at this stage which it really needs to sort out before it can be taken seriously (unified inbox, copy/paste, better calendar support) but other than that by following apples lead to have a tighter control on both hardware and software it will allow for a more consistent expectation of the devices. Xbox live integration will be a huge draw card for it too.

Android will continue to only appeal to nerds, and the android fans in this thread will continue to have trouble understanding that. Androids open nature means that any halfwit electronics company can hack together a mess of hardware and have an OS ready to go without having to pay any licensing for it. This is my theory as to why androids market share is growing, not because people choose it, but because its getting harder and harder to find devices that don't run it.

WebOS2.0: DoA unless HP announce a fucking amazing tablet

Symbian: Will continue down the path towards being the OS of choice for point n shoot cameras XD
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:25     #4060
^BITES^

Quote:
doubt it, apple has a consumer image of providing well thought out and quality devices
iphone 4 says no.

Quote:
Android will continue to only appeal to nerds, and the android fans in this thread will continue to have trouble understanding that. Androids open nature means that any halfwit electronics company can hack together a mess of hardware and have an OS ready to go without having to pay any licensing for it.
Translation.

Changing the wallpaper hard .. and thus its for "nerds".

On the plus side you've actually discerned that Android != Phone, its an OS with a wide array of hardware to choose from .. so holy moly your learning .. its a miracle of science and a victory over stupid for all!.

Quote:
This is my theory as to why androids market share is growing, not because people choose it, but because its getting harder and harder to find devices that don't run it.
However going by your posts shouldn't they be using iphone? since its just better? or whatever weak ass reason it is ... or shock horror do they actually just not want a phone the same as every other mofo at starbucks thats faulty?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 22nd October 2010 at 10:27.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:28     #4061
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID|DensitY
and iPhone. Lets be honest Android and iOS are pretty even for a majority of smart phone usage, esp for businesses. If Microsoft can firm up the experience, ease of usage and functionality beyond Android, it'd most likely go past iOS too.
I agree to an extent I think winmo DID have a good whack of the market ... but blackberry just curb stomped its face.

Currently I don't think M$ has the offering to battle that giant ... blackberry as I've said before for buisness is a very tight product on most angles .... other than the phones themselves can suck my balls .

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:34     #4062
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BITES^
iphone 4 says no.
Yeah they only sold like 19 million of them last quarter, must have a pretty terrible consumer image if thats all they can move.
Quote:
Translation.

Changing the wallpaper hard .. and thus its for "nerds".
If you cant understand how android is an OS that's main distinctive benefits would only appeal to nerds then well I just don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
On the plus side you've actually discerned that Android != Phone, its an OS with a wide array of hardware to choose from .. so holy moly your learning .. its a miracle of science and a victory over stupid for all!.
I'm pretty sure the only people that were under the impression I thought google (or some mysterious company called 'Android') designed, manufactured and distributed all android phones, were the people that have the reading comprehension of 4 year olds (ie - you and rocket)

Quote:
However going by your posts shouldn't they be using iphone? since its just better? or whatever weak ass reason it is ... or shock horror do they actually just not want a phone the same as every other mofo at starbucks thats faulty?
In an ideal world everyone would use iphones and apple computers and world peace would be achieved as a result.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:42     #4063
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BITES^
blackberry as I've said before for buisness is a very tight product on most angles .... other than the phones themselves can suck my balls .
We trialed Blackberries here at work for a while (basically execs wanted to play with it). I thought they were pretty good for what they were but the exec management ended up hating them (and the syncing software which died on them a few times) after 6 months, they got passed down and now they're using iPhones (which they love to bits)

Quote:
Androids open nature means that any halfwit electronics company can hack together a mess of hardware and have an OS ready to go without having to pay any licensing for it.
well all I can say is if they don't follow the CDD they're morons and setting themselves up for a fail product. Saying that the CDD doesn't say anything about using low quality products but researching your phone before buying should stop any nasty surprises with purchases in most cases.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:50     #4064
JiggaRoll
For the Horo

Quote:
We trialled Blackberries here at work for a while (basically execs wanted to play with it). I thought they were pretty good for what they were but the exec management ended up hating them (and the syncing software which died on them a few times) after 6 months, they got passed down and now they're using iPhones (which they love to bits)
We had that exact experience at our work except it is iPhones and now iPads.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:53     #4065
p01s0n

Quote:
well all I can say is if they don't follow the CDD they're morons and setting themselves up for a fail product. Saying that the CDD doesn't say anything about using low quality products but researching your phone before buying should stop any nasty surprises with purchases in most cases.
I was more meaning that the widespread availability of android devices is most likely attributed to the lack of license fees for the OS - so where you used to get a boatload of various generic chinese windows mobile phones, those manufacturers are now using android (usually a bog standard install of 1.5 or 1.6) instead, since it's free.

The result of this is that the market figures are slightly skewed by non-major players pumping out what is essentially shitware phones, tablets and set top boxes, but still get reported as android devices, because they are.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:53     #4066
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaRoll
We had that exact experience at our work except it is iPhones and now iPads.
yeah I'm trying to hide the fact iPads exist, budget for IT this year is limited and I'd rather spend it on other things lol.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:58     #4067
SID|DensitY

Quote:
I was more meaning that the widespread availability of android devices is most likely attributed to the lack of license fees for the OS.
Ahh yeah I went a bit off into quality control.

Yeah there's no doubt that the lack of fees involved with licensing android will mean that a lot of companies are throwing it onto their devices resulting in people getting a phone that just happens to have android on it vs seeking out an android specifically for its features.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:09     #4068
^BITES^

Quote:
Ahh yeah I went a bit off into quality control.

Yeah there's no doubt that the lack of fees involved with licensing android will mean that a lot of companies are throwing it onto their devices resulting in people getting a phone that just happens to have android on it vs seeking out an android specifically for its features.
I shop for features, brand to be honest doesn't play that much of a deal. I used to have a taiwanese phone brand I had never heard of for a good 4 years and it was a good phone for the time. No complaints.

If iphone came out with a h/w kb and customizable OS (lol wallpapers after how many years), then I'd probably go with it ... however its currently shit, and only the true fanbois really fight that, sup poison.

Quote:
Yeah they only sold like 19 million of them last quarter, must have a pretty terrible consumer image if thats all they can move.
Yet ... as you've pointed out .. Android is still growing .. weird .. since if users were "so happy" wouldn't they stick with it rather than churn to another company, darn logic.

Quote:
If you cant understand how android is an OS that's main distinctive benefits would only appeal to nerds then well I just don't know what to tell you.
I understand them better than you do unfortunately dingus .. as seen clearly by the nuggets of stupid you post about certain phone models having issues .. as "ANDROID FAILURES" yet its not .. its a piece of hardware thats running android ... lets review shall we?
Quote:
the biggest thing androidailures love to laud over those that have seen the light, is that android devices can be flashed with whatever you want.

except by design, this one cannot.
Durrr I don't know how android wurks duuuur, since even with a locked bootloader it can be flashed .... more talking from ass.
Quote:
goddamn, with all this bullshit and rumored delays going on, you'd think it was an android 2.2 firmware release.
Durrr cause firmware is software riiight? hurr durr...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the only people that were under the impression I thought google (or some mysterious company called 'Android') designed, manufactured and distributed all android phones, were the people that have the reading comprehension of 4 year olds (ie - you and rocket)
Or that guy you see the mirror it would seem.

Quote:
In an ideal world everyone would use iphones and apple computers and world peace would be achieved as a result.
Honestly you can keep trying to tag android users as "nerds" for having the choice to do customizations ... however these comments without a doubt make it sound like your cupping the balls and stroking the shaft.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:13     #4069
p01s0n

lol at how dumb you are
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:53     #4070
^BITES^

Quote:
lol at how dumb you are
Lol at your pathetic trolling attempts defeated by your own stupidity and factless arguements/generalizations.

Good reply tho ... whew you got me ...

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:01     #4071
p01s0n

It's more like, as usual, the point of what I was saying has flown completely over your head.

I don't expect this idea to register with you either, so won't be surprised when you come back with something completely irrelevant or different.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:03     #4072
Bent

With all the time spent arguing in this thread, po1s0n could have hacked an android phone to be awesome by now.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:06     #4073
p01s0n

Yes, as mythbusters proved, with enough work even a turd can be polished.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:09     #4074
^BITES^

Quote:
Blah blah blah still no proof ... or point that anyone cares about at all ....cue android bashing with incorrect data again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent
With all the time spent arguing in this thread, po1s0n could have hacked an android phone to be awesome by now.
He could but that would involve far too many technical details for him ... if wallpapers are a challenge I highly doubt settings sliders for styles and colors would be within his grasp.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 22nd October 2010 at 14:10.
Old 24th October 2010, 20:25     #4075
doppelgänger of someone

Windows Phone 7's Aussie launch plagued by supply issues
Quote:
Some angry prospective Windows Phone 7 buyers took to Twitter yesterday to voice their frustration at the lack of supply. "There are actually more w'wonkas golden tickets than wp7 handsets in AU right now," wrote one.

"Voda, optus and JB have no idea or won't tell people, telstra have one phone and useless staff. Nice launch," wrote another.
So having ~$1k somehow someone OWES YOU A GODDAMN PHONE?
Old 24th October 2010, 20:50     #4076
chiQ
Frag-muff

That sounds a bit like the iPhone 4 launch here.
Old 25th October 2010, 17:12     #4077
Rocket

Please lock this thread.

Thread OVER. Ha-Ha

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal posted a poll to their site today for their readers to answer, asking which mobile operating system is the best. The results aren’t terrible surprising, but the margins between the winner and the runner-up are very surprising.
http://www.intomobile.com/2010/10/22...l-android-ios/
Old 25th October 2010, 17:20     #4078
Cyberbob

from the comments..

iPhone users can't respond. The poll tool uses Flash.
Old 25th October 2010, 17:23     #4079
Rocket

find a better os to vote from then, that graph can give you a clue where to start. HA.
Old 25th October 2010, 17:25     #4080
Cyberbob

I'll just be sure to check the most recent results to ensure I get a current view.