NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 12th August 2022, 09:21     #5921
xor

What's a bigger story? Uffindell from 20 years ago or current bullying claims by Labour's own MPs?

Imagine if Gaurav Sharma and Louisa Wall did an interview with ol' mate, Jack Tame. The virtuous labour party would be scrambling pretty hard.
Old 12th August 2022, 09:55     #5922
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

No media outlet that wants to keep its Public Interest Journalism Fund money is going to comment. Which is the whole point.
Old 12th August 2022, 13:24     #5923
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Good article from Godfrey. Can't wait to see his next article about the bullying reported by Gaurav Sharma within the labour party.
Godfrey isn't writing about bullying (hint: it's in the first paragraph of the quote) he's writing about how the system that we live in clearly favours one group over another, based on race. #pakeha.whataboutism
Old 12th August 2022, 13:32     #5924
_indigo1

fixed_truth - that is not a good example. It is reverse whataboutism because it is a completely fabricated scenario - it is not reporting it is opining and story telling.

#manufacturedoutrage
Old 12th August 2022, 13:39     #5925
Lightspeed

It depends on what the bullying is. If it's MPs bullying staffers, that's not acceptable. But if it's MPs bullying MPs, that's politics, right?

Politics being the alternative to actual conflict, murdering each other to determine who gets what resources?
Old 12th August 2022, 13:51     #5926
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This is how you can tell that the NZ media know who pays their bills now. When a brown MP makes complaints about bullying in the Labour Party, this is how the NZ Herald portrays it:
Quote:
Labour MP's claims disputed, no room for bullies at Parliament - PM
Ardern wouldn't say whether she thought Sharma was a bully or not.
Got that? By making Jacinda look bad, Sharma is the bully.
Old 12th August 2022, 14:20     #5927
fixed_truth

o_O

NZHerald run an opinion piece by Sharma with all his allegations and now they've run a story on the Labour Parties response to this. Problem?
Old 12th August 2022, 14:32     #5928
xor

such balance the media has.
Old 12th August 2022, 14:44     #5929
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
NZHerald run an opinion piece by Sharma with all his allegations and now they've run a story on the Labour Parties response to this. Problem?
It's like me posting a thread entitled "Ardern won't say whether she thinks fixed_truth plays with a non-inverted mouse". Jacinda is obviously not saying anything but it's pretty clear that the editorial position of NZG is that you're a goddamn stinking non-inverted mouse user.

But Jacinda didn't say anything.
Old 12th August 2022, 15:15     #5930
Lightspeed

Wait, Arden is running both RNZ and NZH?
Old 12th August 2022, 15:17     #5931
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You'll never know, because you don't read anything on the NZH!
Old 12th August 2022, 15:25     #5932
Lightspeed

Damn right. I don't eat McDonalds either.

Somehow I've been suckered into this idea of "health". Weird, huh?
Old 12th August 2022, 18:40     #5933
fixed_truth

This is some next level chess shit from Jacinda.

1. She gets NZHerald to run a story by Sharma about bullying in the Labour Party. At one of the worst possible times politically.

2. She then gets NZHerald to run a story (when obviously they should never have even asked for a response, hence why guilty until proven innocent) that Labour denies Sharma's claims.

3. Now she gets NZHerald to run a story with claims from Sharma's ex-staffer that HE was the bully. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/parlia...DPEVT7B4JT24Q/

Like sands through the hourglass...
Old 12th August 2022, 19:01     #5934
xor

I think i saw this episode in House of Cards.
Old 17th August 2022, 16:07     #5935
fixed_truth

Cleanest asshole ever doesn't mean there's no shit. Just that it's cleaner than the rest.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...uxon-says.html
Old 17th August 2022, 17:25     #5936
blynk

So basically, "we know there are key people that knew about this".
Old 18th August 2022, 05:41     #5937
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I think i saw this episode in House of Cards.
Yeah, but Kevin Spacey doesn't have a Bachelor of Communication Studies from the University of Waikato...
Old 24th August 2022, 19:35     #5938
fixed_truth

Luxon speaks pretty well and at moments comes across as a competent MP. But then there's way to much of this shit where he turns a relatively simple non issue situation into something revealing him as a numpty.

Parties line up against National for refusing to rule out working with Brian Tamaki's Freedoms NZ
Old 19th September 2022, 15:07     #5939
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Credit to the National comms team, dropping the Uffindell “youthful indiscretion, boys will be boys, learnings, put it behind us, healing” shitburger literally hours before Liz the Great’s funeral media frenzy is *chef’s kiss*
Old 5th October 2022, 23:09     #5940
Lightspeed

Jami-Lee Ross not guilty in political donations case, businessmen found guilty
Old 17th November 2022, 13:06     #5941
Lightspeed

Government launches 'boot camp' plan - 2009

Special bootcamp for youth offenders at Waiouru army camp, under National - 2017

National wants to send youth offenders to military academies for up to year - 2022

And why wouldn't they recycle the same old shit, it gets them elected. The kids don't actually matter.
Old 17th November 2022, 13:55     #5942
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You say recycled, I say consistent!
Old 17th November 2022, 13:56     #5943
Lightspeed

I say troubled youth gives National a platform, which results in some perverse incentives while in government.
Old 27th November 2022, 15:31     #5944
Lightspeed

For anyone who has the stomach for it:

Christpher Luxon: Tax cuts, youth justice and climate change | Q+A 2022
Old 21st February 2023, 14:26     #5945
Lightspeed

facepalm

National's Maureen Pugh chastised over climate comments: 'She's gonna be doing a lot of reading'

Quote:
National MP Maureen Pugh has been pulled into line by the party leadership after telling reporters she has yet to see evidence humans have contributed to climate change.

That was immediately decried by leader Christopher Luxon and deputy Nicola Willis, who offered to give the MP plenty of reading material laying out the science and the evidence.
Old 21st February 2023, 15:48     #5946
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You say recycled, I say consistent!
To paraphrase a police friend of mine (yeah yeah ACAB etc)

"sticking them in a boot camp for a year is just going to make them plan and execute their crimes better when they're out, whereas we currently catch them because they are dumb."
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:49     #5947
Lightspeed

National Party plans to rewrite school curriculum if elected

Horrifying.

Quote:
It would bring New Zealand in line with other western countries, Luxon told Morning Report.

"For example, in England and Australia
Double horrifying.
Old 26th March 2023, 19:17     #5948
StN
I have detailed files

Yes Mr Lurton I agree, my forefathers died for Posies right to be a dick. We all have that right and the right to protest against it.
Old 30th March 2023, 16:36     #5949
blynk

Luxon: Sweet, we just have to sit back and let the shit hit the fan for Labour. Let's not do anything stupid.

O'Connor: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...shooter-remark
Old 30th March 2023, 17:18     #5950
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 17th April 2023, 17:56     #5951
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Luxon: Sweet, we just have to sit back and let the shit hit the fan for Labour. Let's not do anything stupid.
nek minit, again

Quote:
Christopher Luxon insists National has “a very good vetting process” in place for its candidates, despite the party recently choosing a man who shared an inappropriate and sexist joke online.

National's Party candidate Stephen Jack​ has removed a “crass” joke he shared on social media about young women and Covid-19.

It said: “I like my Covid like I like my women. 19. And easy to spread.”
Old 20th April 2023, 08:48     #5952
blynk

A few years ago, banning foreign people coming here and buying things was a bad thing, or it was actually so small it wouldn't do anything.

Nekminit.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ry-conversions

Note. I fully agree that we need to limit/ban foreign ownership where it could end up being worse for us in the long run.
But listening to national rabbit on about this was so many Lols.

Everytime they got told its effectively banned already, and there answer was "but it still happens". Isn't that just enforcing a law? or are there loop holes.

But the main one was when they are questioned that its actually NZ companies buying and converting the land (like Air NZ, which probably started when Luxon was still there).
Old 29th April 2023, 12:12     #5953
Lightspeed

National Party to repeal rental laws if they win the election

National will keep this promise.
Old 31st May 2023, 11:02     #5954
Cyberbob

Simon O’Connor just now on the Child Support Bill: “It is the responsibility of the mother and the father - and I’m being deliberately with my language here - the mother and the father to raise the child”.

This is gonna be a fun election.
Old 31st May 2023, 11:11     #5955
Lightspeed

They're pulling out all the dog whistles, they're so close they can taste it. This is how National wins elections. It's why we get buggered every time they're in government.
Old 31st May 2023, 11:17     #5956
xor

Meanwhile, labour is simply overt with its racist policies. DHB's are prioritizing treatment based on race as opposed to clinical need.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:06     #5957
Lightspeed

That's like the robber crying thief when the victim tries getting their stuff back.

A century of racism, all of a sudden "it's all over now, no redress for those impacted, that would be racist."

Conveniently getting to keep the loot.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:47     #5958
Cyberbob

That's the eternal question isn't it.

The robber crying thief when the victim tries getting their stuff back? An obvious answer.

The robber's great-great-great grandchildren when the victim's great-great-great grandchildren want his great-great-great grandfathers stuff back? It's debatable.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 31st May 2023 at 12:48.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:51     #5959
Lightspeed

Right, so we haven't just handed all of NZ over to different people. We spend more locking Maori up than we've ever spent on redress.

I'm pointing to the absurdity and the injustice of calling attempts to redress racism racist.
Old 31st May 2023, 13:43     #5960
xor

How far does the needle go? An extra tax on people based on race doesn't seem far fetched given your rationale.