NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 27th October 2011, 06:46     #1
surreal

Lightbulb Can we rename this forum now?

Seriously- I'm thinking "The sport that NZ is chur at, and doesn't get upset over"

Cause 24 years (perhaps only 16 years in my conscious mind) has been too long for our media (and overseas too I guess) to constantly bombard us with the pressure to hold the trophy again.

No doubt come 4 years (or 1 year even) the media spin will be about defending our world title, or winning away from home, but as a nation perhaps we can stand up to that and show the world that we no longer care only about that little shiny trophy.

Perhaps we can redirect pressure to those French chokers.

Discuss.
Old 27th October 2011, 09:48     #2
crocos

At NZG, it's ALWAYS the year of Rugby.

What's to discuss?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 27th October 2011, 09:51     #3
fixed_truth

The ABs will win the next few world cups because no one will be that worried if they don't.
Old 27th October 2011, 09:56     #4
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
The ABs will win the next few world cups because no one will be that worried if they don't.
I don't see this happening.
Old 27th October 2011, 10:04     #5
fixed_truth

Yeah maybe not, but I do think that they'll play better without King Kong on their back.
Old 27th October 2011, 12:20     #6
Lightspeed

My money is on the ABs being the first to two consecutive wins and the first to three titles.
Old 27th October 2011, 13:28     #7
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I'm looking forward to a fresh faced All Black team next year. Time for a bunch of players to move on, should be some announcements of the great exodus coming soon.
Old 27th October 2011, 13:54     #8
Luse

I'm quite keen to see how Dagg evolves at fullback for the next few years. So much talent. CJ too, for a little(ish) guy he's such a strong runner.

I hope Sonny-Bill stays in the country, he could do with a few more years of refinement imo.
Old 27th October 2011, 14:05     #9
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal
Seriously- I'm thinking "The sport that NZ is chur at, and doesn't get upset over"
"New Zealand's insecurity complex held at bay for the next 4 years"
Old 28th October 2011, 23:46     #10
surreal

Ok well yeah perhaps the world is off our backs now for while, so it can just be another year of rugby, each year...

Especially since of the many intelligent and unbiased fans out there in the rugby-internets who have decided they now have zero respect for the all blacks, due to them not getting penalized enough, and due to the NZ media.

bye bye one insecurity complex, however the other classics remain-

"Surely people don't really think Richie is a cheater?"

"Do we really get favoritisim from the referees and the IRB??"
Old 29th October 2011, 02:53     #11
CCS
Stunt Pants

Are you on crack? Who the fuck in New Zealand has ever felt insecure about either of those?

*cricket chirps*

Yeah, I thought so.
Old 29th October 2011, 07:40     #12
herp

Quote:
"Do we really get favoritisim from the referees??"
NZ v FRA QF 2007 puts that bs to rest.
Old 29th October 2011, 08:45     #13
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Are you on crack? Who the fuck in New Zealand has ever felt insecure about either of those?

*cricket chirps*

Yeah, I thought so.

Ok #3, the one about arrogant NZ fans becomes relevant then.

Well, perhaps only occasionally do I think twice about such complaints from overseas fans, and then my instinct tends to suggest a come back such as "I don't know what side you support but they probably haven't beaten us for 50 years"

but then I think that doesn't ease their concerns (#1/2/3) above
Old 29th October 2011, 08:58     #14
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Ban surreal from this forum IMO.
Old 29th October 2011, 13:24     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Ok #3, the one about arrogant NZ fans becomes relevant then.
Relevant to you, maybe. But not to me and not, I suspect, to most All Blacks fans. I don't think we're arrogant. Maybe a little smug - but who wouldn't be when their team consistently kicks so much arse? Oh Lord it's hard to be humble...

Besides, most of the grizzles are from sulky northern hemisphere sourpusses who are jealous that their players are too crap to play southern hemisphere style rugby.

Quote:
Well, perhaps only occasionally do I think twice about such complaints from overseas fans, and then my instinct tends to suggest a come back such as "I don't know what side you support but they probably haven't beaten us for 50 years"

but then I think that doesn't ease their concerns (#1/2/3) above
Hey, fuck it. We're the champions. Fuck what anyone else thinks.
Old 29th October 2011, 13:30     #16
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Ban surreal from this forum IMO.
I don't think he's a real fan tbh.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:31     #17
chiQ
Frag-muff

So, are we only ever going to win at home, and will they never let us host again?
Old 31st October 2011, 15:21     #18
vorlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
So, are we only ever going to win at home, and will they never let us host again?
I thought 2032 is when we are gonna win the cup again ?? :P
Old 1st November 2011, 09:26     #19
PhX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon
I thought 2032 is when we are gonna win the cup again ?? :P
There might not even be a cup then