View Single Post
Old 16th June 2023, 15:25     #670
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Hmm - until I saw the second reference, I was pretty sure it was going to be a young upstart making their mark. I tend to err on the side of someone being a dick and stepping beyond their boundaries before I go full conspiracy/rotten to the core.
It's just not sustainable, any kind of agenda like this. There are too many people in NZ with an interest in the running of RNZ. There can't be any shortage of people who would be more than happy to apply a critical lens to RNZ's reporting knowing they would be assured an audience. There's competition for roles in the organisation, plenty who would have taken RNZ in a different direction had they been the ones in the job.

It's this alternative to commercial pressures that's so essential to the platform. A diversity of interests in our news reporting. Especially during a time when commercial interests dominate so thoroughly.

All news reporting has an agenda and is biased. The differences between these agendas shines crucial light onto where reality might actually lie.