View Single Post
Old 18th September 2022, 17:26     #15800
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Technology in use today can be traced back to its development during the Apollo program.
--
To fake the moon landing, yet have it produce all this genuine technical value? To spawn a genuine space industry? And have it all kept secret?
I'm hoping you actually watched the interview, otherwise there's really no point discussing the video.

I'm not saying everything to do with space/NASA is fake - that's a misinterpretation. Rockets? Sure, I believe in them. Probes sent out? Yup. Scientific unmanned missions? I've no reason to doubt them. But you can be running late on a project, and do a contrived smoke and mirrors demo of your product - without people realizing it was incomplete - then get back to work after the demo. Not everyone involved would have to know it's fake. Being an unwitting operator sitting in the control room on Earth being fed bogus data would appear the same as the real thing. The timing was the critical factor - it was, after all, a space RACE. That would be the motivation for faking it - not to produce fake competency and fake data about space. Of course NASA exists, and they developed technology for space missions. I do believe in the International Space Station.

As I say, I'm not 100% certain, but there are a lot of things which seem off and makes me dubious about it all happening in 1969 as we're told. Not just the anomalies in the footage, but even the head of the program quitting just before the launch, and all 3 astronauts resigning shortly after the mission with their glum looks at the debriefing and Neil Armstrong refused to do interviews: "First man on the moon, what can you tell us about your experience?" "No comment" wtf?

The documentary "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon" is Bart Sibrel's work and you can watch that (torrent) if you're interested. Or you can refuse to watch it because it's not Government authorized material and may contain untruths and break the spell.

It's fairly inconsequential whether you or I believe it or not, or whether we agree. I just have a healthy skepticism of things which appear to be bullshit that have loads of money and "national security" involved, while you have a passion for believing that everything about science is great and amazing. Pessimism vs optimism. And that's OK.

Anyway, this isn't a thread to debate the moon landing, I just thought the video was interesting, and how boring would life be if we accepted that everything we're told is the truth, and thought that no one ever tells lies. But that's what a lot of people seem to think.