Thread: TV posts
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2008, 16:30     #411
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
How far in did you watch? I hated almost every episode after Sorkin left and it got new writers.
I watched 'em all, from the pilot to the series finale.

Yeah, the show definitely lost its mojo when Sorkin burned out... when Rob Lowe quit too. Seasons 5 and 6 were nowhere near seasons 1-4. But I thought the end of season 6 and season 7 were a return to reasonable form, mainly because there was a story arc through it all. The thing that pissed me off the most about 5 and most of 6 was that the storylines were nice and short and easily digestible and everything got resolved in the space of one episode. "Watch Toby fix Social Security - tune in next ep for something else! Watch Bartlet identify and nominate a liberal female Chief Justice - tune in next ep for something else!" that sort of thing. In the old days those storylines would have been explored for ten episodes each. And the "top-secret military space shuttle!!1" storyline was pathetic, a real shark jump moment. It just totally destroyed the character of Richard Schiff's Toby Ziegler.

Still, an average West Wing episode is better than anything showing on TV these days, so I'm happy. Monza - definitely worth it.