Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2000, 04:34     #151
Yautja

In theory you should be able to figure out down to the nearest year, but there are limitation's in detecting equipment so the best you can manage is 100,000 years.

Thinking requires knowledge (be it from books,other people or your experiences)-you can't think if you've got nothing to think about.
Ive considered creationism and realised evolution is how i consider the world works. Id suggest you read the theory of evolution (might want to throw in brief history of time while youre at it) and do a bit of thinking.

Well what i consider the universe is matter and energy (they're really the same thing), so once that is all sucked into a black hole or you leave the confines of our universe (most theorys don't think that is possible, but as you said, science will never know everything - and that's why i like it) nothing will exist, whats space if there's nothing contained in it - with nothing to measure time or distance against space is nothing.

Well i don't consider life to be any great miracle, but the universe on the other hand. Like i said before, if anyone figures out where the universe came from id consider them as close to god as anyone will get.

I never said i didn't believe there was a god, i just don't beleive all the stuff in the bible.

I kinda like the idea behind buddhism personally, the idea of being reincarnated when you die as a higher/lower lifeform (problably due to playing too much quake ) ,and the fact its 100% compatable with science.

<FONT SIZE=1><BLOCKQUOTE>Disclaimer:All views contained in this post are that of the author - viewers should make up their own minds based on all availiable evidence (should of started using this ages ago )</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT>

[This message has been edited by Yautja (edited 18 July 2000).]