Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 11:39     #731
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Its probably the worst time ever, but I was thinking of withdrawing enough to build a rig.
My advice: Don't build a rig. Return on investment is painfully slow compared to just gambling on alts (you can/could double your money in a few days instead of waiting a year just to break even). The only reason I have mine going was to make use of solar, and it was a gamble. Notice that I'm not retiring either :P If you have lots of cards, power will be expensive - if you have few cards, payout will take ages to reach minimums and you'll miss any opportunity to cash out when things peak, and you'll be getting fractions of your investment at a time. It's about $3/USD per card, less electricity. Call it $4NZD profit, and a card's likely to cost at least $600 (ignoring the computer to run it). It will take a minimum of 5 months to achieve a grand total of nothing, if you're lucky. If you've already got crypto, then you're already at the end goal of mining. If it moons in the next 5 months, you're worse off than when you started.

Take a holiday, get a console, but don't buy overpriced GPUs to trickle mine based on overvalued funny money. That ship has sailed. Free advice, take it or leave it.

Personally, I moved the bulk of my remainder into PoS coins, and they've held up well, but only because everyone else has too. They're overvalued and I'll probably exit those shortly as well, for reasons stated above. I'm feeling relief rather than regret.