View Single Post
Old 13th February 2009, 18:01     #2199
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtuso
she's cute alright but the music's lame. If you're gonna go 'dark', best to go all the way I reckon. Check out this old school death metal band fronted by a female. Still appreciate them, it's so ridiculous and horrid, it's awesome (and honestly dark):
Nuclear Death with Days of the Week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30wSgoI8XA

Days of the Weak
I killed a girl
and I liked it
the taste of her cherry chapstick
Ok so - serious question time - what is the deal with this music where you can't make out the lyrics? I am not knocking it, I am genuinely interested in what the point of having lyrics is. Although it's not really my cup of tea, I can appreciate the music - some of it's quite technically impressive too - but I simply...don't...see what the point is in writing lyrics that noone can understand / make out.

And in the case of the lyrics you posted, they actually are quite interesting, and tell a story - that I can REALLY appreciate, and yet I doubt that 1% of the people who ever heard that song have any inkling of what it's about, as a consequence of hearing the music.

Back then it must have been even more pointless, because noone used the internet and you couldn't just go look them up, unlike nowadays.

So yeah, what's the deal?