View Single Post
Old 14th September 2022, 20:53     #1698
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Left eats itself, episode 496627:

Quote:

Just one year after its partial meltdown during the 2021 federal election, the Green Party of Canada is once again in crisis over an incident of “misgendering.”

It all started at a Sept. 3 media event in Vancouver kicking off the party’s leadership contest. In a Zoom appearance, Interim Leader Amita Kuttner was identified using a caption bearing the pronouns “she/elle.”

Kuttner, 32, identifies as non-binary and pansexual (attracted to all genders and orientations), and goes by they/them pronouns. In a subsequent statement, Kuttner slammed the “misgendering,” saying the incident “made me feel hurt and isolated” and hinted that it was “reflective of a larger pattern of behaviours that a few in the party are perpetuating.”

The statement added, “in moments like these I wonder — how can I ensure other people’s safety if I can’t even ensure my own?”

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...enewed-turmoil
We’re so lucky that climate and the environment and equality aren’t important issues any more, because if that were the case humanity would really need a strong worldwide Green movement, and having it be a bunch of selfish chatroom mods competing for oppression points would be a disaster. Whew.