View Single Post
Old 18th December 2022, 15:27     #4425
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Saw it yesterday myself, first time I've been to the movies since Endgame.

Agree with everything Stoolie says above. Loved it.

There was a sort of The Two Towers/TESB/Infinity War feel about it in that I knew no matter what the plot points were, there was not going to be a real resolution to anything by the time the movie ended.

I've never felt more horrified at being descended from the captain of a whaling ship. Came out of the cinema and wanted to quit my job and volunteer for Sea Shepherd.

Much love for Cliff.

Parts of the movie were like a James Cameron highlight reel; high-tech submarines, space marines tooling up before the mission, protagonists trying not to drown as the big sinking ship filled with water. But I'll let it pass. It was cool.

The Papyrus typeface was hilarious. It's a joke now. Every time a subtitle came up I wanted to laugh.

Tell you what was weird, watching a blue teenage alien and it being totally 100% Sigourney Weaver.

The water simulations were freakin incredible. Yeah at some points it felt a bit Finding Nemo but there were other parts where I believed it was real underwater footage and stopped thinking about it.

Looking forward to the next one, it's James Cameron's world and I'm happy to put my hand in my pocket for it.