View Single Post
Old 12th December 2022, 18:01     #43554
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
This crazy dream I had last night is playing on my mind

I’m in some alternate reality back in time as a kid in high school where there’s a war ravaging on in the background. There’s this huge land based battle ship visible in the haze on the horizon outside the city as a constant reminder of the war but also a necessary source of security.

Being pre-internet they have an alternative form of communication that utilises weighty baseball sized balls that are dropped into chutes. Similar to the old pneumatic tubes of old but these started with a wireframe tray like you find in the depths of billiard tables which would lead into the more familiar piped pneumatic system. Everyone hated it as it was used to deliver lesson material but worse it was also a source of war news.

I spawned the idea of dropping all that clunky crap and got people talking about replacing that with something akin to the internet. A protest campaign started to instigate this gets called “drop the balls”. The silly humour of that woke me up. Everyone is chanting drop the balls.

Now that I’ve shared that will it stop playing on my mind?
Now it's in my mind! What images! Sounds like something out of Love Death & Robots.