View Single Post
Old 13th December 2019, 08:49     #209
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Had he the restraint to leave it at this then I wouldn’t have a problem. He’s criticising midwives because they’re not evidence based and left sex/gender out. They’re looney because their knowledge isn’t scientific not because they have a vagina.

Here his observation about graduates would have been something to legitimately look at but he for some reason he went further to declare that only women are affected by this Uni culture with his language like “increasingly female” and vaguely referring to differences between men and woman as a factor here.
Also if woman actually are more likely to drop out, fall ill and cost more to train then if true the reasons behind this should be discussed and investigated. What he’s done is played the Jordan Peterson don’t blame me I’m just stating a fact card which in the context of his discussion was irresponsible. He’s not some oblivious sperg, he’s a competent medical professional who would have known his communication implies they're dropping out just because they’re women and ignores the culture of and how medical facilities are run.
I think his “In fact, they’re more expensive to train in the sense that their lifetime work years will be less” comment is the most antagonistic because if true so what? Women have kids and as a society that requires this we should value and support this.
I don’t disagree with you. This highly-respected Doctor has made claims that should be investigated because if true the consequences are bad for individuals, communities, and society as a whole.

They’re not being investigated. He’s just been fired. His research has been discontinued, because scientific knowledge produced by an unperson is thoughtcrime.