Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 1st November 2021, 13:03     #2026
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
It's not just one or two individuals here, i see it on social media too. People against vaccines, or vaccine mandates, are all about the "Don't let fear control you." one second, and "My research shows this vaccine will make you sterile and kill everyone you love" the next.
that's just the opposing, yet still delusional, side to people who claim the vaccine stops the spread, has zero side effects, makes you immune, and stops you dying of any cause

Somewhere in the middle is a place where we can find a larger consensus. And less people later regretting their decisions to vax or not vax. If people were primarily convinced to get the vaccine because they were told it stopped them giving COVID to others, they were tricked into getting the vaccine. Likewise, if someone decides not to get the vax because their balls might swell up are also being tricked.

tricking people into getting vaxxed you might say the end justifies the means. The people doing the tricking are treating their audience with contempt. That trust may never be won back.