Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2021, 00:27     #2014
Nich

You eat well for social benefits too in that you won't overburden hospitals when your bad diet fucks up your body. In that sense vaccines are a social benefit as well as personal benefit.

Some kind of government-scale organisation element is required, or indeed a cultural requirement. When I think of the opposite of government I think of Ethereum. The culture rewards people who participate in it. It heads in the right direction according to all. Governments during the pandemic have been all about obedience and less about finding harmony withh citizens.

If you don't have harmony, people will hurt themselves and society (stay unvaccinated, defy curfew, spit on nurses, protest), if it spoils the plans of their enemy.

the social contract is obliterated. Government have given us marching orders, then told us we should think of it like "we're all in this together". This when many health ministers have been mountain biking or travelling for the holidays when everyone else should be locked up. It's hard to tolerate this double standard when we should all have a common goal.

VIC government just wants everyone to hurry and double vax. Some even get a call for their second vax after 2 weeks. This is terrible for personal and societal benefit, but great if you're a politician trying to get reelected and you want to say "vaccinated number go up!" . It's a simple automated smart contract (book in 2nd dose after 10 weeks for best public health outcome), but human ego element dicks around with shit and always makes things worse.

Last edited by Nich : 31st October 2021 at 00:32.