Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2022, 17:45     #2625
_indigo1

Yeah VAERS is not what I'm after. There are actual confidential Pfizer working files released under FOIA act.

Yeah - I mean there is a reason this stuff was confidential.
The information worth paying attention to is the official public information - not the internal working documents.

However I do believe there is a blatant fallacy in their transparency in that they doggedly class anything that is not a direct result of the vaccine as not worth reporting.
That is where the whole 'side effect' vs 'adverse event' wording comes from.
The problem is it's reverse science. They class something as an adverse event when they can't see any way the vaccine could be a causal factor of it.
That ain't good science.

For someone with an underlying condition, whether it is a proven direct effect of the vaccine or the vaccine just happens to be a decent trigger for a flare of an underlying condition - the distinction means little - and it is absolutely relevant information to know.

It also is an issue because just because something is statistically rare doesn't mean it should be ignored. That just leaves people with uncommon conditions out in the cold and in danger.

I certainly don't want to promote vaccine hesitancy, but I also think there is a little to much stacked on the side of keeping important (however rare) information hidden both due to pushback against hesitancy, over-compensation against anti-vax mentality, and also corporate interests - i.e. money is involved.

Manipulating definitions such as 'side effect' and 'adverse event' so that one can then use the line that the 'side effect profile' is safe smacks so much of corporate manoeuvring.

Of course the whole thing is a spectrum and it's obviously hard to draw the line between rare but important effects, and truly non-causal ones.

But all that aside - I'm under no illusions of the quality of the data. You are absolutely right in that anyone can report anything - this is why I said 'self reported' in my previous reply. I am just curious to see statistically where my symptoms lie.