View Single Post
Old 14th May 2021, 18:40     #36326
crocos

May has been a pretty shit month for me. NBN are grinding my gears this time: 4 missed techo appointments and meanwhile I have no broadband. 4 appointments, no contact, no case notes in the fault I lodged with my ISP. Also I did receive "appointment confirmed" SMSs from NBN for all 4.

It seems ISPs are pretty toothless with regard to NBN so far - there needs to be three missed appointments before they're allowed to escalate to 2nd level. 2nd level escalation just meant another appointment lodged. That 4th appointment was missed this morning, and allegedly now another (5th) appointment has been made for tomorrow morning, so now I get to fuck up a chunk of my Saturday waiting for a techo that likely won't show up. 8am to 12pm is the "appointment time" - and even that is a suggestion as if you ring after 12 the ISP is instructed to tell people to wait until 1pm "just in case the technician is running late".

ADSL isn't even an option in this apartment building. While a shitty option, it would still be better than NO broadband.

As a work-around, I'm trying to use my phone but my cell keeps dropping Wi-Fi Hot Spotting. Bluetooth tethered hot spot is working fine (which is what I'm using now) but on the client machine that I need to access my client's network, that's not an option - been locked down - so need to use Wi-Fi. So at some point I'm probably going to need a new phone because of this one being dropped too many times. I suppose THAT one is on me, but still annoying.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية