View Single Post
Old 30th April 2008, 22:47     #192
LFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDemon
Not with Exchange 2007 but yes with Exchange 2003

You need to make sure the IMAP port you are using (143 for standard IMAP) is opened on the firewall and pointing to your Exchange server.

A quick test, on the Exchange server run "telnet localhost 143" from a command prompt.
that will prove IMAP is running

If that works then from outside the LAN try to telnet to port 143 on your MX record i.e "telnet mail.mydomain.co.nz 143"

There are several good guides online.

N.B - I'd only suggest using normal IMAP as a proof of concept. You should really think about secure IMAP (port 993) using certificates for production environments.
Cheers, only just read this.

Had already got to work, as you suggested using port 143 and SMTP on port 25 to send from the Iphone.

One tricky thing was I had to use domain name\email alias\login name as the user account details on the Iphone to log in, if I didn't it didn't recognize the account.

I am only contracting at this place, finish in 2 days so will have to leave it to the permanent administrator to look into using SSL, the CEO is happy for now.

I'e told them what I have done, I think they will probably just wait until the activesynch firmware update for the Iphone is out and then remove the IMAP setup I have put in.

Hopefully they don't get hacked in that time!

Last edited by LFC : 30th April 2008 at 22:50.