View Single Post
Old 26th January 2024, 23:03     #106
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
diatribe
I don't buy into a lot of things you say Titus; but there is one thing I read in what you have written that I think is spot on.

Honestly I went through a lot of my life before I came to this realisation - and it took me getting debilitatingly sick to the point my life has basically been "stolen" from me, every day is suffering, and it's like being in a waking coma, watching the world pass me by and wondering if I will ever catch up again.

It has given me perspective; and only now do I realise - you can spend your entire life with this implicit construct of fair in your head - and it gives you certain expectations - but when the rubber hits the road, all it ever really does is cause you problems.

In my case; thinking about how "wrong" it is that I am in this position, the things and people who contributed to it, the fact that somehow through some batshit totally unjustified concept of "karma" I am somehow "due" for things to get better.

It's all a bullshit waste of thought and energy built on a fallacy of reason:

At the end of the day, the honest to god bottom line of it all is, the universe owes you a grand total of absolutely fucking nothing.

The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off you are.

It's not until I got to that understanding that I realised that before it I had some weird subconscious concept of "fair" in my head affecting my thinking.
Fair doesn't exist.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 26th January 2024 at 23:05.