View Single Post
Old 19th December 2007, 00:00     #74
Anthony.S

That is one good thing about TF2, it's not a debatable subject due to game design/modes and class distinctions. To be honest their were valid arguments both sides, unless of course you never played either way (there never was a true non chasing system anyway, everyone always got their little digs in).

TF2 has brought in its own debates and flaws (judging by some of the topics on NZF) which sound just as silly to an outsider.

TF, despite its flaws is still the best of the lot. TF2 is pretty good and had promise, but ultimately it's a less focused, less skilled game even without the gren spam. You'll never beat the punch, aggression or brutality of a QWTF match.

I didn't want the same game, but I would have liked a little more get up and go as opposed to silly solutions for people being stomped on/shut down (respawn delays, 10 second invincibility, random criticals, less focus on your more frontal CTF style modes/maps). I guess even Valve have dumb solutions for flaws too.

Yeah it ain't bad and it does do some things very well. I'd like to like it, but can't see that really happening as it is in its current state.