Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 17th December 2023, 10:31     #3310
blynk

Ah the evils side of looking at data, when 2 people can look at a piece of data and draw very different conclusions.

I look at that data, and while I don't have the data set to do proper analysis, I can see the trend of a lot of those numbers over the last 12 has been increasing - which would make sense with population growth. Then there is the dip due to lockdowns and we see the reduction in rate of the older groups - assumption is that this is because they are not catching a flu and ultimately dying from it.
This then cause a build up of the vulnerable, and when restrictions were loosened, then the flu (or covid) caught back up to them.

So there is a small bump from it. But there is nothing out of the ordinary for most of and it still seems to follow trend lines.
But with any spike/dip in data, the following periods are key to see if it a trend or not, so I would be very interested to see what the 2023 data looks like even if you did the 12/9 rule.

*There is a couple that don't quite follow that (80-84 & 95+) which didn't have a dip and seems to be higher
** The younger lines are too compacted to actually see what is happening to these