View Single Post
Old 1st September 2005, 16:45     #11
ePi

I think the whole vodafone - telecom user statistics that the media use are incorrect. Alot of my friends don't "cancel" their vodafone prepay sim and just shelve it when they go to telecom. So the numbers for people "actively" using Vodafone appear bloated. Alot of people are switching to Telecom these days and very rarely are people switching to Vodafone.

Maybe Vodafone would do better if they realised that they are eventually going to lose the whole market with their bloated calling prices and outdated policies like the ones on contract right now. Half the country is on Telecom yet they insist their plans only cater for 'vodafone to vodafone' communication and you have to pay extra over the top of your plan to contact a telecom mobile.

To me they're way too fridgid to compete in the mobile market. The $2 text marketing was nonsense and their free weekend texts is hardly going to sway people to switch back to Vodafone. As far as I'm concerned I'd welcome them to leave if only it didn't mean Telecom would have a monopoly on the mobile market.