View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 14:57     #267
Nich

Trump was also the pressure release valve.

Savaging just getting started imo.

A group of people just stormed the Capitol, a QAnon Shaman sat in Nancy Pelosi's chair, and they were met with almost no resistance. Just consider the optics on this: does it embolden, or discourage the extremists among the 70 million other Trump supporters? Are the police getting defunded, or are they heroes who need more support?

I heard the term American Arab Spring today (Michael Malice live stream), and that sounds about right. There are more US troops deployed in Washington than Afghanistan & Iraq combined.

Country is crippled by pandemic * growing wealth inequality. Stock market numbers go up & unemployment numbers go up. (Oh, and check out the lines for the food banks!) Tone deaf celebrities in their mansions singing "Imagine" and urging everyone to stay at home because "we're all in it together".

70 million people have already written off Biden & government as not serving their interests. For the rest, if the news is to be believed, Biden (good) will usher in a time of unity after Trump's (evil) division of the country. However, before unity must come redemption as every Trump supporter and enabler must be identified and re-educated. I'm sure that's going to go smoothly.

I have family in Austin (NZ born, kids born in US & lifelong pacifists) and last year the father got a gun licence and shotgun for security purposes.

Last edited by Nich : 15th January 2021 at 15:01.