View Single Post
Old 13th April 2022, 21:04     #1111
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Something I don't understand is Kushner's work in the Middle East. Looks like the Qatar blockade is effectively resolved. Along with establishing relations between Israel and various states in the region that have long stood against Israel.

Opposing the boogeyman that is Iran has been the main tool used to achieve these changes from what I can see.

But I don't really get Kushner's angle. Cash is the obvious one, but who would be paying up? Legacy is another, but I never figured Trump and co. cared for an actual legacy when they're so willing to believe whatever they like. Trump will always imagine himself the US's best president in any scenario.

In any case, it can't be denied this administration has had some real impact in the region.
Jared Kushner's deal with Saudi Arabia sure looks corrupt

Quote:
According to The New York Times, a Saudi sovereign wealth fund led by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, often referred to as MBS, invested $2 billion in Kushner’s fledgling private equity firm six months after Trump left office. And it’s blisteringly clear from the details that while MBS’s expenditure did not make financial sense, it made political sense as payback for favorable treatment.
Someone hook a brother up with a cool $2 billion!