Thread: God of War 3
View Single Post
Old 19th March 2010, 18:38     #28
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Yeah look I'm gonna go right ahead and agree with everyone except cyc , never played GoW, and this is just epic. The only downside I have so far is that I do feel like I really should have played the first two, it does feel like a continuation.

Just love the violence, gutting a centaur
I am I'm definitely in the minority here but just can't get myself to like this game. The whole game just screams of ugliness, not in the sense that the graphics aren't technically amazing but in the sense that I am just "stylistically incompatible" with the game. The voices of Kratos and the first titan just grate the living daylights out of mine, especially Kratos' "I want to sound like I-haven't-had-a-shit-for-five-days-and-I'm-that-constipated" voice. The jumping and minor puzzles are predictable, boring and slows down the pace of the game and I find the boss fights so far extremely repetitive.

And I am not a mindless action/bashing game knocker. I thoroughly enjoyed the somewhat derided Heavenly Sword and in fact found that game much more appealling than GoW3.