View Single Post
Old 27th March 2024, 07:34     #4552
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I started to watch it last night but got side tracked - Mrs StN was all WTF is this???

Got the Frankenstein vibes from the outset when she jumped into the river, but I did like da Foes makeup.
Righto, found myself at a loose end, and despite Wazza's indications above, I persevered and saw it through to the end.

Yes, it is weird, possibly weirder than Asteroid City, but in a good way. And yes, Stone is constantly being reamed, or at least orally pleasured by a fellow Parisian whore.

Visually stunning, with the subtle steampunk influence offset by her quirky signature wardrobe that mirrors her character development. Fisheye and wide angle lenses interspersed with a voyeuristic pinhole look that I am still trying to work out (Initially I thought it was the PoV of one of the creatures, but it is used throughout).

Whilst I am unfamiliar with the source material, I tend to agree with the assertion by others that the titular "things" are indeed the many male suitors that are ironically stuck with a horned up baby brain through out, whilst Bella evolves into a genius medical exponent and able to continues 'Gods' work.

Also, Ruffalo almost shakes off the David Banner thing to be come, as he frrequently esposes of Bella, a right cunt.