View Single Post
Old 28th February 2024, 22:43     #4536
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Three levels:

Fucking amazing as a film. What a spectacle. One of the best concert films I've seen, right up there with bangers like Live After Death and Stop Making Sense. (Those mesh-network glowing bracelets that the whole crowd were wearing, what an amazing idea. Every person in the audience was part of the lighting rig.)

Fucking amazing as a performance. Just super slick polished delivery from everyone. Apparently the film is trimmed down from the length of an actual Swift concert, which according to Wikipedia is 44 songs over 3.5+hours. The fuck.

Swift herself, what a G. Audience in the palm of her hand the whole time, working her arse off and giving the customers what they paid for. And this is the thing that, selfishly, really struck me: in the songs where she plays guitar, she plays like a real guitar player. She holds the guitar like someone who plays one for a living, not like it's a prop from a music video that she has to mime with. She looks like a guitar player who is also singing.

Some of the songs were a bit emo teenage girl or minimalist electro pop for my tastes, but still... very impressed.
So your a Swiftie then?