View Single Post
Old 5th November 1999, 11:33     #188
Painty

Well done to you BOYD. I have been quietly following this and have been impressed with your maturity and perseverence.

BTW its not NZI who do the "Kelly Brown" and "Kea" ads, its AMI.Having been with both state and AMI, I wouldn't touch State with a barge poll. State may have the cheapest rates but they are the hardest to squeeze money out of. IN a recent Consumer poll AMI rated the best (they are more exzpensive but do pay out no questions - been there done that) and State rated worst . The most memorable comment was from a State customer who stated "I felt that no stone had been left unturned in tryig to avoid paying out my claim". I have a relative who works for State and that have a very high level of fraudulant claims (probably because the people who can only afford State are the sort to try and rip them off). Basically everyone who insures with State gets tarred with the same brush. I have foudn AMI to be more expensive but when I had a fender bender, they were only interested in getting my car fixed, whether or not it was my fault. If you can afford them, I would go AMI. (as rated by Consumer also)