View Single Post
Old 2nd November 1999, 17:42     #161
Bringoutyerdead

Alright, I think I'm still ok

I spoke to Graham Edwards (not to me confused with Graeme Day of Ansvar), and he has told me that there is no way they are paying for the repairs. I told him that I had a letter that says they accept liability and they I was to cancel court proceedings.

He said it didn't matter, they were changing their mind and that was final. I then told him that Ane Sauaga (the lady who sent me the handwritten letter from NZI) had told me in person that she had authorised the repairs to go ahead at NZI's expense and Graham claimed he knew nothing about that.

I then told him I was going to call Ane and clarify exactly what she said to me, and Graham told me *no*. I was not to contact Ane under any circumstances, because as Team Manager he was now handling the issue.

The truth was that he was just trying to stop me from uncovering them- he knows they screwed up by authorising the repairs when their insured didn't want them to. And now he's trying to shift the burden on to me, which isn't gonna happen.

As it turns out, there *was* a letter of 18 October, it was the letter admitting liability on their behalf.

Unfortunately I binned it

I mean, I read it, thought 'it's over' and binned it. Now they fucken turn around on me and say they're changing their mind.

Bearing in mind Graham had told *me* not to talk to Ane, I got the old man to do it instead she faxed us a copy of the 18/10 letter and that's that.

I really don't know what to say about this whole mess. It's $1,000- but Mr. O'Neill seems to be treating it like war.

So if he wants war, he'll get it.