Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 06:37     #728
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Lightbulb I'm out too

I haven't sold 100%, but I've cashed out my initial solar outlay with BTC. What I have left has cost me nothing, and now I can say my solar setup paid for itself in 3 years. I get to spend the money again I guess.

This whole crypto space is mental, and from a technology perspective, I don't see much difference between a unit of BTC, vs a unit of BCH, vs a unit of DOGE, ETH, XRP, etc. Why they have wildly different dollar values is purely speculation. They all cause numbers to change in your wallet, and that's all that really matters if people are going to spend and earn them as currency. Which one is "best" has become yet another division between people - rather than just having Bitcoin and agreeing to get rid of banks.

NFTs are ridiculous, the distribution of "wealth" to early crypto adopters is fundamentally a pyramid scheme where the earlier you got in the more you have, and I don't think BTC will become the world reserve currency when there are 4000 other clones that effectively do the same thing, and the coins are mostly mined and owned by a few nerds rather than distributed widely. If anything, I predict there will be a fresh standardized blockchain digital currency that is regulated and created/controlled by international agreement - ideally a ledger of gold - the "real" money. The only people who believe otherwise are just hoping they will be the new millionaire class and it's kind of embarrassing.

I see the articles about "crypto millionaires, still not selling" and it's like being a Sims millionaire. Similarly, dying with a million dollars that you saved and never spent brings the same joy as never having a million dollars in the first place.