View Single Post
Old 6th January 2015, 11:23     #42
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
I think the basic mechanics have been implemented beautifully. I quibble about some minor points in the flight model but that's mostly because I'm used to Jumpgate. Which brings me to what it doesn't have - any kind of implementation of the kind of group activities/PVP that I would love to see.

The game world is massive so players don't cluster, and the mechanics for grouping are bare bones at best.

I know that's the ethos of the series - you and your ship versus the enormity of space - but they could make such an amazing multiplayer experience if they wanted to.
Yeah, the two biggest things I'm keen to see implemented will be the planetary flight/landing and the "wings" mechanic that I see talked about in the forums.

They do need to make the penalties for PvP much harsher as well, as it sounds like there's great potential for PvP griefing, especially should they implement group/wing play.

I've heard of players attacking other players and targeting drives and/or thrusters, essentially leaving the poor target dead in the water and having to self-destruct...

Despite the things that are missing, I'm enjoying it immensely. I haven't been so enthused about a game in a long while. It's costing me money... Have ordered a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS joystick, which should hopefully arrive in a week or so. And am also looking at upgrading my monitor...

Any suggestions for a good 23/24" 1080p/HDMI gaming monitor?

Last edited by p-b : 6th January 2015 at 11:27.