View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 21:57     #54
p-b

My Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X arrived today.

It's feels amazing, but it's going to take me while to get used to the completely separate throttle controller and separate/new button layout (as oppose to having all functions on the one unit and in a familiar place...)

The throttle controller is amazing for small or fine throttle adjustments, compared to my Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D Pro.

Can't wait til I can get the just to put some serious time into getting use to it!

I'd got the Logitech stick only a couple of weeks ago, as the wireless variant I had was a few years old and starting to go, but decided to go to the HOTAS setup instead.

From a pitch/yaw/roll perspective, it worked perfected, and the buttons are all well placed, the only bugbear I had was that I had to lower the throttle axis sensitivity to minimum in order to make the throttle control a bit more accurate, but it lacked for accuracy of small/fine throttle adjustments.

So if anyone wants to get hold of a joystick that works pretty well with Elite: Dangerous and doesn't want to pay too much, I'll happily put the Logitech back into it's original box and send it for half it's retail price and postage (so about $25 + postage).

Only thing I've done to it is to put my own 50%/halfway marker by the throttle with a sharpie pen.