Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 5th April 2020, 19:15     #507
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah but remember Covid is basically a DDOS on healthcare systems. Covid burden locks up the hospitals, people die who otherwise would have been treated.
As a heartless wonder, I would say it's mostly killing people who would have died soon anyway (elderly/underlying conditions). Of course you get the outliers, but you always do.

It's out of my control and I don't want your votes, so I'm voicing my opinion, regardless of whether I expect consensus (I don't, lots of people are shitting their pants for no good reason except they've been watching the news). It's all quite ridiculous, but hey, I've been less stressed without any work to do by any particular time, so I'm not really complaining. I prepared for the worst, despite being considered crazy, and now I'm fine, since it doesn't get much worse than this, even though it's "just a cold" and not really bad at all. I'll panic when it's a flesh eating disease, and not just a different strain of flu, or actual war breaks out.

I've also heard anecdotes from people that their relatives are being categorised as "covid deaths" who weren't covid deaths, and so the numbers are "inflated" in the west, and "lied about" (under-reported) in China.

The biggest takeaway from all of this is that while people don't trust their governments, we're all happy to OBEY. For how long is the question.