View Single Post
Old 15th March 2024, 10:39     #538
StN
I have detailed files

Wow! I got up at 12:20 but the live stream was postponed every 10-15 minutes until they got the all-clear (Shrimp boats in the Gulf? I blame Forrest...)

Nice clean countdown, and an excellent launch. Hot staging worked just like a bought one, and I managed to grab a nice screen grab for my wallpaper of the booster pointing the other way as Starship keeps on trucking.

Booster seemed to be wobbling a bit - grid fins were flipping around like mad things, so I suspect they couldn't get it stable enough to make the landing burn effective, and it hit the Gulf with a bit of grunt. Maybe worth a bit more testing in that area before they target the tower catch - wouldn't want to miss and take out the launch complex!

Starship made it to orbit, 200+ kms up, and hooning around at 26000km/h, opened and closed the door for future Starlink deploys, and apparently ran the routine to simulate transferring fuel in flight (not sure if that was the mating process or just proving they can pump Lox and Methane between the header tanks and the main ones on zero-G. They skipped the attempt to do an engine re-light in flight - wonder if that related to the fuel shuffle?

Anyway, really cool pics of it lining itself up to splash down, and the plasma was awesome - Starlink did what it could to relay the hi-res pics up until the blackout, and then the ship was lost - first test of the tiles, so perhaps some learnings there.

All data is good data!

Last edited by StN : 15th March 2024 at 10:41.