View Single Post
Old 14th January 2021, 14:09     #255
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Well let's see what happens next. I don't think enough Republicans will get on board to take it much further though.
Well, it's up to the Senate now, but Trump will be out of office by the time the Senate is back. I think even the GOP has to realize how bad Trump is for business now, so will fly the flag, certainly, by which I mean MOST of them will vote to not impeach, but I think (or more accurately hope) they'll let it through.

Then again no American president has ever actually been impeached at Senate level, so who knows. Given he'll be out of office by then they may have the balls to actually go through with it.

In other carryings-on, mate of mine with friends in the states on Facebook - one of his friends started going on a rant about Trump won the popular vote by millions, is an excellent speaker, those that stormed the Hill were true patriots etc.... it was a truly surreal experience reading someone that is nominally not stupid (he's a civil engineer) go right down the rabbit hole.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية